PDA

View Full Version : PC: Is the Japanese version of PSOBB more stable than the Ch

Kholdheart
Feb 6, 2005, 10:56 PM
The past few days I've been messing arround with the chinese beta and I can barely play for 20 minutes without being booted by error #100, or just a random disconnection. I've got a 3mb DSL connection so i know it's not that. I know its only a 14 day trial but its worth having for a little I suppose if it's stable. Has anyone played both? if so and it is more stable can you post a link here please? I appreciate any answers you lot can provide.

PrinceBrightstar
Feb 6, 2005, 11:00 PM
Yes, much more stable, but Its not completely free after level 20 and 15 days.

Para
Feb 6, 2005, 11:18 PM
Hmm i havent tested it out.

It is said that Chinese PSOBB service is ran by another company other than sega right? Maybe thats the difference?

For once SEGA doesn't look like shit compared to another company hehe

Rain_1
Feb 6, 2005, 11:41 PM
Having a 3mbit dsl doesn't mean anything, actually..

latency and packet loss is more at fault, i'd guess...

Chinese servers are usually PAINFULLY SLOW (for me anyways)...

you people should run a trace to the servers and see how many packets you lose/hops you go by before getting to the actual server... something tells me it's not a short trip.

Calx
Feb 7, 2005, 05:29 AM
My experience has been exactly the same as yours, Knoldheart, which made me download the JP version about a week ago. When I first got on there it felt like a bad headache lifted. Everything is just smooth, you connect in about 1/10 of the time and I have not once been booted off by the "100" error or anything else. Also helps that I could now read the item descriptions without a guide. Heaven.

Only trouble is, the PSOW people on the Chinese version are really nice and fun to play with, while Leo 3 on the JP servers seems to be primarily inhabited by people who are engaged in ridiculous intrigue and feuds. I haven't bumped into one friendly player on the JP servers yet.

I don't expect the Chinese version to get much better in terms of keeping your connection alive. As someone said above, the Chinese inet infrastructure is just not good.

Now I'm pretty much just waiting for the English version to come out.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Calx on 2005-02-07 03:55 ]</font>

Kholdheart
Feb 7, 2005, 06:20 AM
Can you give me a link Calx? (or anyone) to the Japanese beta site? Maybe some info on how to get an account as well since I know just about as much Japanese as I do Chinese (...none =P)

Honestly right now all I want to do is try out the PC version. I can barely do that on the Chinese version and it takes like 15 minutes to connect.. sometimes more, and thats IF I connect. From I've seen the PC version looks very good. Though I haven't seen much new material. Then again I havent stayed on longer than 20 minutes at a time XD.

So please if anyone can give me info on how to get a japanese beta account I would appreciate it.

Update: I found where to download it and it's already finnished. I like this game already. Chinese version took me 2 days.... this, just a few minutes. I'm going into what I think is where you get an account and It says I need a Japanese web browser -_-' Is there any way to get past that?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Kholdheart on 2005-02-07 03:47 ]</font>

Calx
Feb 7, 2005, 06:47 AM
Of course http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Go here for the download and signup procedure:

http://translate.google.com/translate?sourceid=mozclient&u=http%3A//psobb.jp/

There are several threads on this forum that can help you with it, but feel free to ask me too.

Next, go here for the faq:

http://www.something-or-another.com/arislan/faq.htm

Hope that helps and that we can meet up there sometime this week maybe.

EDIT: I had the same problem. In Firefox you do this:

Go to the Tools menu, choose Options, then click the "languages" button, add Japanese if you haven't already, move Japanese to the top of the list, close, and it should work. You might have to restart Firefox, I don't remember. I don't know how to do it in IE, I'm afraid.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Calx on 2005-02-07 03:53 ]</font>

Kholdheart
Feb 7, 2005, 07:04 AM
Oh well I tried. I read the faq and add'd the Japanese IME thing... activated it and everything and it still tells me that I'm not using a Japanese web browser x_x Has anyone had this problem before and know of any solutions?

Calx
Feb 7, 2005, 07:08 AM
You did the Firefox thing exactly as I explained above? That was the only thing that worked for me.

I play BB without even having IME installed. It just made typing English more of a hassle and my DK KB layout won't let me write Hiragana or Katakana anyway, so I removed it.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Calx on 2005-02-07 04:11 ]</font>

Kholdheart
Feb 7, 2005, 07:16 AM
I use IE. I'm leaving now but maybe when I get back I'll download firefox and do that your way. I've been meaning to get firefox anyways.

Nai_Calus
Feb 7, 2005, 10:02 AM
Yes, we're all a bunch of drama-loving people-hating fucktards. 9_9

You don't even know what went on, do you, or how many people left or don't play as much because of it, do you? Yeah, there's lots of assholes - Fuckers drove half the nice people off starting bullshit.

Don't judge the entire community because you run into a few jerks and the shell-shocked, rightfully wary survivors.

Now that being said, you're right, it's stupidly hard to find a friendly face anymore. Half my team doesn't come on anymore because they left to get away from the BS.

Personally I've started hoping for the US and JP servers to actually be linked. It will bring more assholes, of course, but also perhaps a few cool people.

'Course, if they aren't linked, I'm not bothering. Not going to start over yet AGAIN, and I've had far too many miserable c-mode games with English-speaking players(When you can MAKE one with English-speaking players. -_-) to want to bother with that much. >_>;

Calx
Feb 7, 2005, 11:24 AM
Now now, no need to take it on your own person. If you're one of the good guys, then good for you!. I assume you weren't being all that serious, anyway, because of course I don't know what's been going on, seeing as I only joined one week ago. Nor does it really matter. I can only relate my experience as it is now to the guy asking the questions. Probably gives him a "cleaner" take on things anyway.

It's completely understandable that the good people are wary if there's been eViL around. I don't blame them one bit. All it means to me as a newcomer, though, is that it seems next to impossible to get a good game going. No open games, no one joining an open game if I make one and no one to talk to in the lobby really.

As previously established, I don't know what's been going on. I can only witness what is apparently the aftermath and feel sorry that yet another version of PSO has suffered from the onslaught of idiots. Good to hear that there are still some good people around, even if most of you are in hiding. Maybe I'll run into one of you eventually, but if the general mood doesn't change I'll probably save the brunt of my playing for the English version. Should be good for at least 3 months of playing before that's ruined too ...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Calx on 2005-02-07 08:28 ]</font>

Kholdheart
Feb 7, 2005, 04:32 PM
Why is there all this drama over bad people? O_o There are assholes in any game you play. There are assholes all over the world no matter what language they speak, you cant run from it you learn to deal with it. Personally if I loged on and someone said "HAHA lvl 1 n00bzorr! go back home to mommy and get out of this room." or something similar when I joined a room. I couldnt care less. That shows the lack of intelligence that one person has. I've been playing this game since Dreamcast so I myself know I'm not a "noob" so I wouldnt get offended, I would probably laugh at the moron. There shouldnt be so much drama over assholes because they are everywhere, you learn to deal with them.

Nai_Calus
Feb 7, 2005, 04:44 PM
On 2005-02-07 13:32, Kholdheart wrote:
Why is there all this drama over bad people? O_o There are assholes in any game you play. There are assholes all over the world no matter what language they speak, you cant run from it you learn to deal with it. Personally if I loged on and someone said "HAHA lvl 1 n00bzorr! go back home to mommy and get out of this room." or something similar when I joined a room. I couldnt care less. That shows the lack of intelligence that one person has. I've been playing this game since Dreamcast so I myself know I'm not a "noob" so I wouldnt get offended, I would probably laugh at the moron. There shouldnt be so much drama over assholes because they are everywhere, you learn to deal with them.

Heh. You don't understand it, do you. No, obviously not. It wasn't one person spamming 'u n00b', it was several people trying to take down the leader of my team by spreading vicious bullshit and edited logs, and trying to ruin the image of my entire team. You don't ignore that, you fight it and hold well-deserved grudges against the fuckers for it.

Kholdheart
Feb 7, 2005, 05:22 PM
Everything that could possibly go wrong with this process has gone wrong -_- I followed the Info you gave me Calx and I looked at that faq which told me to look at another faq. Now I'm suck at regestering. I've already confirmed the email address but when I go to try to fill out each field... I try to enter in each field but it comes up as "カナ" instead of japanese and I always get an error when I try to submit the info. I dont know what else I can do... I fixed my firefox settings and I have a japanese IME enabled but it still doesn't work -_- have a spare account? lol

Para
Feb 7, 2005, 05:25 PM
Hmm IE works for me.
When it requests a japanese enabled browser just change the encode to Japanese Auto select. You might need japanese IME on as well.

Kholdheart
Feb 7, 2005, 05:34 PM
I've got the page to load.. I just cant get it to register without getting that dumb error -_- Here I'll post a screen.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v251/brandieblu/psobbfrustration2.jpg

Para
Feb 7, 2005, 05:53 PM
your names need to be in hiragana then katakana
then you need a valid japanese district and japanese postal code.

Kholdheart
Feb 7, 2005, 06:05 PM
I have the japanese IME on.. also my browser is in japanese... I dont know what else I can do to type in Japanese.

Para
Feb 7, 2005, 06:13 PM
Enable your language bar and you should see that theres an option to let you type in multiple forms of japanese (hiragana katakana direct input etc.)

Kholdheart
Feb 7, 2005, 06:54 PM
Where do I put in Hirigana and where for the other? Also when I try typing with it some of it is english and some of it is Japanese when I type. Also when I paste the info from the other FAQ it still says "東京都渋谷区渋谷2-15-1" And no this forum is not blocking anything. That is exactly how it pastes on my login sheet. This seems to be a little too much for me.

I could be wrong in 100 different places 100 different ways and I'm not about to go through all the combinations. I'll just play the Chinese version. That was a million times easyer to set up, I give up on this. I had no problems with that.

If you wonder why there are so few english players in the Japanese servers. This is exactly why. It is impossible to get an account -_-

Para
Feb 7, 2005, 07:05 PM
where you put jack frost you put in a hiragana name

where you put 12459 put in a katakana name.

Kholdheart
Feb 7, 2005, 07:21 PM
I did what you said and I still get the same error -_- Its a lost cause. I'll just play the crappy Chinese version while I wait for the english version. The Japanese seem pretty intent on keeping foregners out of that beta.

Para
Feb 7, 2005, 08:16 PM
well thats because you still dont have a valid japanese district and a valid japanese postal code and your ID needs to be reformatted so you dont have ; in it.

Rain_1
Feb 7, 2005, 09:00 PM
You better resize that image so it doesn't break the board before the moderators come and create great havoc upon you...

Kholdheart
Feb 7, 2005, 09:04 PM
Oh noooez

Dark_Heal_v2
Feb 7, 2005, 09:19 PM
Are the Japanese servers more stable than the Chinese servers?
Sure they are, the Japanese always leave the best things for themselves. Its not just videogames, even beef.... They generally don't like foreigners of any kind.

My comment on the Chinese version: is that it seems like a cracked version of the Japanese game. Still lots of bugs and errors to be fixed. I believe this is the company's first published game and they seem like a bunch of inexperienced amateur people trying to run a full scale online game (80k people online on average at any given time).

With that said, I still felt I have been treated much better than I have been on PSOGC by SEGA. Back then, the GC people felt we were left out in the cold and forgotten (except for the monthly 10 bucks HL fee). At least these folks right now they shouldn't charge us anything for the time being. They have been heavily patching the game, there has been at least a patch once a week, sometimes twice in a few days (though after patching one bug, another bug pops up due to the new patch -_-;). They do carry out events both in and out of the game and they just fired a GM for misbehaving. Even though their performance have been mediocre (not only you guys are complaining, the Chinese forums have similar threads) I would pick this over GC. In my opinion, PSO+ should have been free for anyone who already have PSO.

But then again, SEGA aren't totally excluded from the Chinese PSOBB. When one of the servers crashed (shows the inexperience on the Chinese side) personnel from SEGA flew overnight to China to fix the situation. The recent update of the Chinese New Year lobbies decorations are also done by SonicTeam, and not the ZARVA (the Chinese distributor). That means anything major would still have to go through ST hands.

For your problem, it might be because of your DSL connection. I have read that players with ADSL connections (is that different from DSL? I have no idea) are having a hard time to connect. I don't know anything about network or PCs so I of no help here.

As for the experience I have had with the Chinese servers. Besides some lag which I can deal with, there's has been nothing major. My teammates have been telling me I'm heavily lagging, but to me, stuff looks fine to me. The strangest thing that I have came across so far was getting an error 100 at the shop. After I reconnected, I couldn't find my mag and I freaked out for a while. But somehow someway, it turned out to be in my bank. I believe the error 100 is designed to kick anyone offline immediately once there's any corruption in their data. Yesterday, a RAcaseal told me she managed to dupe her weapon (unintentionally) but was immediately kicked offline by error 100. Error 100 is obviously too sensitive but at the same time much needed for such a bugged game.

Sorry for the rather long post but a lot need to be said.

Kholdheart
Feb 7, 2005, 09:30 PM
You know it's only Server 5 that gives me heavy lag/disconnects. I personally like Server 3 the best. I connect quickly and I have very little lag and very few disconnects. Only problem is.. I am the only english speaker I've found on that server. I cant really play with others without speaking to them.. kills most of the fun. There's not even an auto translate that I've found. Server 5 however I cant even connect to. It either just gets stuck on the connect screen or I get error #916. Why couldnt this community pick another server? =(

Para
Feb 7, 2005, 09:40 PM
wtf Chinese new year decorations? Damn I want those too!!!

Dark_Heal_v2
Feb 8, 2005, 01:01 AM
I have a few images of the lobbies here:
http://www.pso-world.com/viewtopic.php?topic=93047&forum=1&start=45&49

Well, don't worry about the English community cause there aren't really one. We are more like a few English speaking friends who just plays together when we see each other online. So just go ahead and play where ever you like to. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Calx
Feb 8, 2005, 04:23 AM
Thank you for the (a)dsl information, DH. I don't have the technical knowledge to allow me to understand why adsl is a problem for them, especially since it's not a problem in any other game on either console or PC, not even BB JP, but if the Chinese are having specific trouble with dsl connections, perhaps they'll work on a fix. I don't mind the lag so much, but the constant booting is keeping me off :/

Let us know if you here more about this or some possible fix for it?

Rain_1
Feb 8, 2005, 08:42 AM
I really, really tried, but i can't understand how that would work...

Why would the pso severs have ADSL Problems? other than latency, dsl and cable are pretty much the same (for the receiving end, that is)...

doesn't make much sense...

Calx
Feb 8, 2005, 09:09 AM
Yeah, I can't see it either. Especially considering my dsl connection only goes as far as from here to the nearest point of my provider. I don't have a special line to China. It doesn't seem to make sense. I'm just trying to keep an open mind :P