PDA

View Full Version : XBox vs. Gamecube

RamarBassist
Feb 7, 2005, 04:14 PM
my friend used to play PSO on gamecube but recently switched over to XBL when Halo 2 came out.
he's gotten bored with it and he wants to come back to PSO!!!! but he wants to know which version is better, XBox or gamecube.
Here are some questions he asks:
1.Is the headset really worth it or is typing better?
2.does the xbox version make you use the gamertag as your character name?
3.Which gaem has worse hacking/cheating?

digigram
Feb 7, 2005, 04:27 PM
Headset it better overall.

No.

I would have to say Gamecube..

GAMECUBE = hacking, supposed NOL'ing, controlled FSOD be it individual or ship. hacked mags, hacked weapons, etc etc.

XBOX = dupes and hacked mags, hacked weapons, sometimes the idiot that thinks having orange name and a tails character model is going to get them laid, hangs around the lobbies.. but no NOL'ing from what I have seen, and no controlled FSOD.

The only FSOD you'll get from Xbox is from the fact Xbox hardware has some flaws and freezes sometimes.

RamarBassist
Feb 7, 2005, 04:30 PM
whats noling?

TheOneHero
Feb 7, 2005, 04:34 PM
On 2005-02-07 13:30, RamarBassist wrote:
whats noling?

Your character becomes the NPC Nol. I don't know much about it, having not played DC seriously online. I'm sure other will be able to give more data. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

RamarBassist
Feb 7, 2005, 04:36 PM
Is it a permanent switch?

Magician4
Feb 7, 2005, 06:06 PM
On 2005-02-07 13:36, RamarBassist wrote:
Is it a permanent switch?

I play GC online but I haven't seen anyone actually using the npc NOL. The few ppl I do hear talking about it say that you can stop it from being permanent if you pull out your memory card and then turn off the game, but I truly don't think it exsist on GC (and if does stay away from vega).

digigram
Feb 7, 2005, 09:05 PM
your character, no matter what level, becomes NOL npc, and reverts back to level 5.

RamarBassist
Feb 8, 2005, 02:50 PM
ive never seen anyone get Nol'ed on gamecube

he picked gamecube so look for us!

im Lynch

and hes Bryan

SpyroDi
Feb 8, 2005, 07:32 PM
Xbox characters are also saved on your hard drive instead of a memory card,which is much safer,but you can only play them on your own Xbox.

Plus,in PSOX you can't dupe when you recieve the online patch.

digigram
Feb 10, 2005, 12:02 PM
you can dupe after you recieve the patch...

I know because I backup my SRANK weapons.
And you can do the stacking trick.