PDA

View Full Version : There is a reason Sidewalks are created

Dek
Feb 7, 2005, 08:24 PM
I just want to remind people here that we have a reason that we have sidwalks in today's world...So that I don't have the urge to run your ass over.

It happens every day when I'm driving home from school. Kids will be walking on the street for no apparent reason when THEY KNOW there is a visible sidewalk that they can walk on. I honked my horn at them a few times and told them to move and all they do is give me the finger.

If you little kiddies want me to run you over, just tell me now and stop making me try to guess if you want to or not.

If you decide to walk on the street, however, I'll give you the option as to which kind of car you want me to run you over with. My mother's mini-van, which can cripple any person's dignity in a second, or my father's Honda Accord, which can show you the wrath of a Japanese-built car in seconds.

Yes, I am mad at them because I got shit to do and I can't have them blocking me.

Do I wan't to crash into a tree or another car because of their ignorance? No!

Do I want to get arrested for attempted murder/ Xth degree murder? No!

So just do yourself a favor and use a sidewalk the next time there is one.

navci
Feb 7, 2005, 09:18 PM
I am usually the sidewalk person meeting with ass-drivers.

And apparently the nice drivers are met with ass-pedestrians.

I think everyone need to remember drivers are people, and pedestrians are people too. Just because you drive an expensive car doesn't make you king of the road. In the same way, just because you have legs doesn't mean you can walk on wherever you want, whenever you want.

Remember. You are sharing roads with others, it is in your best interest to be nice and not get into an accident.

Solstis
Feb 7, 2005, 10:02 PM
My grandma got hit by a car a few years back (still alive).

Dang Korean drivers.

ForceOfBrokenGlass
Feb 7, 2005, 11:23 PM
Being run over isn't so bad. It hurts like hell and lands you a few broken bones but... Hmm. Ok it IS bad. Jaywalkers are everywhere here. I guess potential paralysis at best is worth the 1.2 million they could possibly get if they win their lawsuit.

AUTO_
Feb 7, 2005, 11:28 PM
Shouldn't crosswalks be the happy medium for both parties?

ForceOfBrokenGlass
Feb 7, 2005, 11:32 PM
While you'd think so, Vegas people seem to like taking too long on the cross walk or trying to run when it says "Don't Walk" or shows the big red hand.

Alielle
Feb 8, 2005, 01:58 AM
On 2005-02-07 19:02, Solstis wrote:

Dang Korean drivers.

Was she in Korea? I've heard that traffic there is completely insane. People creating their own lanes in a tight space to begin with, no traffic direction, people not even getting home from work, etc. Makes me glad I don't live there. >_< I think, compared to some countries, we in North America are pretty lucky.

But yeah, dumbasses who throw caution to the wind when there are huge pieces of metal going by really piss me off. It's completely beyond me why someone would jaywalk as someone's driving toward them. What the hell are they thinking? Happens all the freaking time out here since I live in a downtown area.

Solstis
Feb 8, 2005, 12:06 PM
On 2005-02-07 22:58, Alielle wrote:

On 2005-02-07 19:02, Solstis wrote:

Dang Korean drivers.

Was she in Korea? I've heard that traffic there is completely insane. People creating their own lanes in a tight space to begin with, no traffic direction, people not even getting home from work, etc. Makes me glad I don't live there. >_< I think, compared to some countries, we in North America are pretty lucky.

But yeah, dumbasses who throw caution to the wind when there are huge pieces of metal going by really piss me off. It's completely beyond me why someone would jaywalk as someone's driving toward them. What the hell are they thinking? Happens all the freaking time out here since I live in a downtown area.

Yeah, traffic in Korea is madness.

I myself tend to jaywalk pretty often. *shrugs* Tour Guide in Italy taught us how to do it, blame her.

Garm
Feb 8, 2005, 01:54 PM
Sidewalks are dangerous. You can step on the edge, slip, fall on to the road and bleed to death since all the others are afraid that they'll get hit by one of those drivers who think walking on the street is dangerous. They need to make roads out of foam so people are not afraid to walk on sidewalks anymore.