PDA

View Full Version : Thanks for your arm.

Spider
Feb 7, 2005, 08:55 PM
Played a bit of PSO earlier today, seem to be getting back into it a lot lately, and I was in the Ruins with my RAcast when I froze a Delsaber, and it had its red glow thing while it was frozen, as I was repeatedly shooting it, I remembered how back in the DCv1 days I used to think that depending on how you killed a Delsaber would depend on whether you could nick of with one of its arms. Finaly when I destroy it, I saw a red box, and imediatly thought "ahh another photon drop or DB saber" I go over to it, and what do you know, the li'l bugger left its left hand to me, pretty neat considering I havn't aquired any Delsaber gear on the Gamecube version, but used a delsaber sheild/sword combo a fair bit on V1. Kinda scared me how I was thinking of that special way to kill a Delsaber and I got it, must go try freeze some more delsabers in while they have the red energy thing and see if one will lend me its right arm. haha.

Getintothegame
Feb 7, 2005, 09:00 PM
First off, Congrats and good to hear of another DC vet!

Second, just for next time, we have sub-forums, like Items discussion, along with many others.

Anyway, I doubt there is a special way to get them to drop their rares. They're predicted by chance, I believe, alongside with percentages.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Getintothegame on 2005-02-07 18:03 ]</font>

PJ
Feb 7, 2005, 10:56 PM
The Right Arm can't drop from the same Section ID/mode.

And just for extra information, Delsaber arms, and other Episode 1 creatures enemy parts, don't drop in Episode 2 either http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

KveerRaven
Feb 8, 2005, 11:32 AM
*points to above poster*

Yep, right. I got my Delsabers Sheild on V.Hard, and then got my Delsabers Buster on Hard. I get the set quite frequently, why? Only because I do a lot of V.Hard runs every now and then just to get rares that I still haven't received yet. So, of course, when my friends gawk and get jealous because I have them, they want me to go hunting for either one. Even after telling them the concept that the first player during MP is the section ID that drops are caluclated from, they seem to ALWAYS forget.

Spider
Feb 8, 2005, 07:33 PM
Damn Redria is an awesome ID, my main character is a Pinkal HUmar, so all those Force weapons http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif. Anyways, my Redria RAcast then did 'the fake in yellow' and obtained 3 rappy wings, then I did some stuff to get my mag into a Bhima (made a skyly FOmarl just so I could trade to it and get it) and man that thing is rad, so decided to try my RAcasts new Bhima in the 2nd quest in the forest about collecting data (with the yellow clothed FOmarl) and scored 2 Slicer of Assasin, this was all in Hard too :S, my Redria in Hard seems to find better drops then my Pinkal Ultimate and Skyly V.Hard, all these rares are making me wanna play so much more, I'll have to find my RAcast a good Purple weapon to go with the Bhima too.

Zeroy
Feb 8, 2005, 08:21 PM
The Shield of Delsaber is very useful in Ultimate, since it adds 30-35 EDK (forgot exactly). The Buster, on the other hand, I don't find useful at all.

And Redria is a very good ID for someone who has RA and HU characters. Especially when your HU is Pinkal. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_dead.gif

Spider
Feb 9, 2005, 12:01 AM
Well linked up I can see them being awesome, I think the delsaber buster was the only item on DCv1 that didn't look like one of your basic items.