PDA

View Full Version : GC: Difficulty

Fanta
Feb 8, 2005, 03:39 AM
Ok, so after talking about different difficulties, I went to my mates last night.
All the difficulties werent open. Seems you have to go through all the difficulties to unlock the later ones.
However, we had already unlocked hard mode. So we went on...(LVL 31 HUmar - now 32//LVL 33 RAmar - now 34//LVL 30 HUcast - now 32)

And my god, it was quite hard. It took us seven (7) normals hits to kill a Rappy (getting 42 exp for it), a RAPPY of all things. However, after the first bit was over we got into it and it was easier escpecially into the caves.

This is funny, my mate (LVL 30 HUcast) got killed by a group of 4 Booma's. We thought it would be easy so we went seperate ways from the start of forest and he got killed cos he ran out of (mono/di)mates. However, I still had some left and I know Resta too. =)

The Caves was easier than the forest.
However, I was wanting to try it on Very Hard first but it wasnt open. We would have got slaughtered by rappies.

Any replies, suggestions etc??

Mixfortune
Feb 8, 2005, 03:52 AM
For offline multiplayer as well as online, the difficulties you can access are based on your levels.

Hard can be accessed at level 20+
Very Hard can be accessed at level 40+
Ultimate can be accessed at level 80+

The areas you have access to (forest, caves, etc.) are based off the areas player 1 has access to. Also remember, area clear progress isn't saved. Meaning if you only had Forest available, then get to Mines, you'll still only have Forest available next game.

Everyone in the team has to meet the level requirement. That's why you could only go into Hard mode.

As for general strategies... may want to just stick together. The resta comes in handy... and perhaps Shifta and Deband, if your Ramar friend has it... but at lower levels, not sure it will last too long. Give it a try anyways, and see if it's worth the TP.

Try keeping together, rather than splitting up. This way, everyone actually ends up getting more experience, since you can clear the rooms more quickly. Just be sure to tag the enemies (hitting them with an area tech or a sword/partisan, etc.) so you can get some experience when they die. Even if you only hit the enemy once, you still get a good portion of its exp... and the one who killed it gets the full value... so stick together.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Mixfortune on 2005-02-08 00:53 ]</font>

tank1
Feb 8, 2005, 05:56 AM
also ultimate is very harsh when you first enter at lv80 for an easier time go online and ask a high lv player to help you.

Fanta
Feb 8, 2005, 08:01 AM
Thanks.
I didnt mean RAmar, I ment RAcast (Male Ranger Andriod, soz)
"This means we had 2 androids and 1 human"

But during the time when HUcast got killed by Booma's the RAcast wasnt playing.
How is it determined by your LVL?? - Because we tried my character as the leading character and I couldnt go on it...
I thought it was deteremined by progress through the game.
Example: Killing Dark Falz on Normal unlocks the next difficulty, Hard. I cant wait until I get my ass kicked by Rappy's on Very Hard/Ultimate...=)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Fanta on 2005-02-08 05:03 ]</font>

KveerRaven
Feb 8, 2005, 10:01 AM
When it came to harder difficulties, I never did play multiplayer simply because my friends are rare grabbing stubborn bitches and they never really wanted to play. I always used the attack and run into a door way or safe area method. It works well when playing single player. After a few runs through Forest, and then attempting Caves and pushing my way through, it got easier, especially when I got to Ult at Lvl 75. THAT was hard, but I leveled up quite fast and the game just got easier. Now if I could just get through Ult Ruins runs ALLLLLL the way through, or at least finish the last Hunters Quest I need to do, *Damned Horsemen keep killing the Doc and his droid!* Then I could so SoaB over and over again until I level up far enough where I can actually do Ult Ruins runs.

Fanta
Feb 8, 2005, 10:55 AM
Me and my friends tend to share items we find. Excpet the RAcast (He has ADHD and is a pain in the ass)

When we get to very hard we are going to do the Dragon twice so we both get the Musashi =)

However, I would like to do the doorway hiding technique but I am too stubborn and charge to my own doom, as in all games. Cant help it, its fun even if I lose/die so I dont care...

I might be getting the game (of my own) tonight. =)
So, I will progress a lot faster...

EDIT: Forgot to mention that, my first time in Hard mode and I found 2 Trigrinder (which annoyed my mates) and I made a deal with them to get a Digrinder (I bought them different armour and stuff as it cam eavaulable for them)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Fanta on 2005-02-08 12:29 ]</font>

Mixfortune
Feb 8, 2005, 04:46 PM
How is it determined by your LVL?? - Because we tried my character as the leading character and I couldnt go on it...
I thought it was deteremined by progress through the game.
Example: Killing Dark Falz on Normal unlocks the next difficulty, Hard. I cant wait until I get my ass kicked by Rappy's on Very Hard/Ultimate...=)

Works differently for multiplayer and online. Level requirements are in my first post above. Getting to new areas in single player just allows you to access those areas right off the bat in a multiplayer/online game.

When we get to very hard we are going to do the Dragon twice so we both get the Musashi =)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Fanta on 2005-02-08 12:29 ]</font>

Musashi is Hard Mode dragon.
Yamato is Very Hard Mode dragon.

Fanta
Feb 8, 2005, 04:52 PM
Thats what I ment but thanks for correcting me...