PDA

View Full Version : Ragol Ring vs. Scape Doll

Targhan
Feb 9, 2005, 02:08 PM
Here is a question that's been bugging me since I quested for the Ragol Ring, and learned that it will be sacrificed like a scape doll. What is the order of usage in the situation that the player has both the Ragol Ring equipped and a Scape Doll in their inventory when they die? Does the Scape Doll go first or the Ragol Ring?

Thanks for any info.

Hrith
Feb 9, 2005, 02:20 PM
Ragol Ring will go before anything.

Sitka
Feb 9, 2005, 02:41 PM
That's why if you read the quest notes it asks you: "Do you really want to spend the time it takes to get the Ragol Ring."

Honest question, because it takes a lot of time and effort to do everything right including giving up the chance for the Soul Eater on that character to get an item that is marginally better than some other defense items and will be lost if you die even once.

In my opinion, it's not worth it. Now if the prize was a Red Ring - THAT would be a different story.

HUcastShinobi
Feb 9, 2005, 02:52 PM
But the red ring has been proven Un-Findable... And if you plan on saying, "But what if it was?" then just dont bother posting, cause it WONT HAPPEN... period, end of discussion

digigram
Feb 9, 2005, 02:53 PM
WHAT!!... the ragol ring dissapears if you die....what kind of BS is that!!!!!

And to think, I was going to try and get it.. totally not going to now.

Sitka
Feb 9, 2005, 03:17 PM
Hucastshinobi wrote:

"But the red ring has been proven Un-Findable... And if you plan on saying, "But what if it was?" then just dont bother posting, cause it WONT HAPPEN... period, end of discussion "

What's your problem shinobi?

I think you missed the point of my post - but your post is indeed pointless.

KveerRaven
Feb 9, 2005, 04:02 PM
On 2005-02-09 12:17, Sitka wrote:
Hucastshinobi wrote:

"But the red ring has been proven Un-Findable... And if you plan on saying, "But what if it was?" then just dont bother posting, cause it WONT HAPPEN... period, end of discussion "

What's your problem shinobi?

I think you missed the point of my post - but your post is indeed pointless.

Sitka,

Dude, don't even waste your breathe. You know the guy's just going to reply back with another pointless post, defend himself or the lack there of, and blame you for being an idiot, which you weren't or aren't, for that matter. Just simply ignore him and lets move onto bigger and better things, such as, informational, useful threads.

But anyway, I agree with you, the Ragol Ring is useless, my friend spent half his week moping around and complaining about it me when he died and lost it. The Red Ring would be a DEFINITE better find. They should make it findable.

Targhan
Feb 9, 2005, 04:09 PM
On 2005-02-09 13:02, KveerRaven wrote:

But anyway, I agree with you, the Ragol Ring is useless, my friend spent half his week moping around and complaining about it me when he died and lost it.
<snip>

Oh jeez. Well, I guess it's a nice item to "show friends." Since it goes before a scape doll, it *is* worthless. How aggrivating.

Ryna
Feb 9, 2005, 04:52 PM
But anyway, I agree with you, the Ragol Ring is useless, my friend spent half his week moping around and complaining about it me when he died and lost it. The Red Ring would be a DEFINITE better find. They should make it findable.

I agree the Ragol Ring is useless, but it does make a nice trophy. I went to the trouble of getting it a long time ago and do not regret making the effort. It is a nice ring to look at.

Tycho
Feb 9, 2005, 05:29 PM
On 2005-02-09 13:52, Ryna wrote:

I agree the Ragol Ring is useless, but it does make a nice trophy. I went to the trouble of getting it a long time ago and do not regret making the effort. It is a nice ring to look at.

Same here.. even though I wouldn't use it. Plus, everyone needs to have seen the subplot at least once. Period.

trypticon
Feb 9, 2005, 05:32 PM
Yes, the Sue and Bernie subplot with the Ragol Ring is much more entertaining and than the Kireek subplot. It explains the story about what is happening on Ragol very well, in my opinion.

Plus it's nice to see the message from the heros of the past that was left in the forest at the end of Retired Hunter.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: trypticon on 2005-02-09 14:34 ]</font>

PJ
Feb 9, 2005, 05:40 PM
1. Moon Atomizer/Reverser (If they get to you in time)
2. Mag Revival
3. Ragol Ring
4. Scape Doll

It's the priority stable revival, but can be saved. Although only by good teamwork/luck of mag >_>;;;

Para
Feb 9, 2005, 06:18 PM
On 2005-02-09 11:20, Kef wrote:
Ragol Ring will go before anything.

You sure? It went last for me in BB.

SLON
Feb 10, 2005, 07:59 AM
If you are high enough level, and are not in a Megid area, then there is not much risk of losing the Ring. It's not worth anything, so you might as well use it. (Yes, I do have it, and I use it in Ultimate Forest sometimes).

Hrith
Feb 10, 2005, 09:25 AM
On 2005-02-09 14:32, trypticon wrote:
Yes, the Sue and Bernie subplot with the Ragol Ring is much more entertaining and than the Kireek subplot. It explains the story about what is happening on Ragol very well, in my opinion.

Plus it's nice to see the message from the heros of the past that was left in the forest at the end of Retired Hunter.
The Sue and Bernie subplot and the "Kireek" one are one and the same >_>

And yeah, the story with Elly sucks, it explains nothing compared to the Kireek one.

Zahir
Feb 10, 2005, 12:19 PM
Personaly, I like the Elly plot, But I DID like the fact that Kireek was with me when I tried getting the Ragol Ring (Yes, I have it, and I use it all the time)... Having Elly Die on me in the middle of a souped up battle with Gibbles (or Ill Gill, Delbiter, you name it, I fought em all) In Ultimate mode was really starting to tick me off!

DezoPenguin
Feb 10, 2005, 02:57 PM
On 2005-02-10 06:25, Kef wrote:

Probably meant the "You Kill Kireek Repeatedly To Get The Soul Eater" subplot from Ep.1 instead of Kireek's appearance in SotH.

And yeah, the story with Elly sucks, it explains nothing compared to the Kireek one.

Yeah, but it's sweeter and more poignant for the romantically mushy, so appropriate for the season. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Seriously, though, yeah; by the time you do the whole thing through you get added content in:

Unsealed Door
Waterfall Tears
Black Paper
Knowing One's Heart
Soul of Steel
Seek My Master
Seat of the Heart
The Retired Hunter

All of which clearly lays out the underlying plot of PSO. All you get from killing Kireek is a second-rate scythe.

trypticon
Feb 10, 2005, 03:04 PM
On 2005-02-10 11:57, DezoPenguin wrote:

On 2005-02-10 06:25, Kef wrote:

Probably meant the "You Kill Kireek Repeatedly To Get The Soul Eater" subplot from Ep.1 instead of Kireek's appearance in SotH.

Yeah, but it's sweeter and more poignant for the romantically mushy, so appropriate for the season. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Seriously, though, yeah; by the time you do the whole thing through you get added content in:

Unsealed Door
Waterfall Tears
Black Paper
Knowing One's Heart
Soul of Steel
Seek My Master
Seat of the Heart
The Retired Hunter

All of which clearly lays out the underlying plot of PSO. All you get from killing Kireek is a second-rate scythe.

Thank you, this is what I meant.

Targhan
Feb 11, 2005, 01:46 PM
The added content made the trip nearly worth it on it's own; however, I am just not happy with an item that will dissappear should one be cornered in a false doorway by a bunch of <insert monster of choice here>.

I will admit the whole Kireek and Sue thing added a lot to the whole Ep1&2 storyline, and was quite enjoyable.