PDA

View Full Version : Resistance Calculation?

Para
Feb 9, 2005, 10:00 PM
How is resistance calculated anyways? I checked the guide section and couldn't find anything.

Crisis
Feb 10, 2005, 12:23 AM
it all depends on the armor and shield. you can't control it. like light relief gives mostely resistance in dark, and the flame garment only gives you 5 fire resistance.

EJ
Feb 10, 2005, 12:33 AM
He asking how the damage you recieve is calculated with how much resistance you got and how strong the spell is.

Para
Feb 10, 2005, 12:45 AM
Yeah... because what I don't understand is why does 70 and above edk block an ob lily megid? how is it calculated so that you get protected from it?

or like damage techs, how much of my resistance will help me? 10% reduction? or is like stat based where other factors come into play?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Nites on 2005-02-09 21:46 ]</font>

EJ
Feb 10, 2005, 12:58 AM
I believe I found what you may be looking for.

The formula is:(TechPower + MST) / 5 x (1 + (WeaponBonus + GuardBonus + ClassBonus) / 100) x (1 - EnemyResistance / 100)

Located here (http://www.pso-world.com/sections.php?op=viewarticle&artid=1154)

I believe that same formula can be used to calculate the damage you take from enemies tech attack.

The only thing is that you have to find out what lvl of power the enemy tech is at.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: ForceEJ on 2005-02-09 22:10 ]</font>

Para
Feb 10, 2005, 11:30 AM
So apparently it is a percentage reduction. So if you have 100 eth, you will have full protection against lightning? Since under this formula you provided...(TechPower + MST) / 5 x (1 + (WeaponBonus + GuardBonus + ClassBonus) / 100) x (1 - 100 / 100) in which 1 - 1 = 0 and 0 multiply anything equals 0. So 100 meaning 100% protection. That's not too bad actually if you carry resist units or have some in the bank you can basically nullify a commonly used spell... does this mean you can fully protect yourself from Dark Falz' grants?
Or Sil Dragon's ice? This is worth looking into for fun http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

(ill test it when i get time) but if this is not true then, then the formula is wrong.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Nites on 2005-02-10 08:34 ]</font>

Saffran
Feb 10, 2005, 11:40 AM
Well, I have 110 EDK, and that protects from any Megid, but I've never tried to go for 100 or more ELT.

Ob Lilies spit a Megid that has 64% chance of hitting. So if you have 65% EDK, it won't hit (ever). However Mil Lilies have allegedly 96% hit Megid (jp players told me it was 100% though) and the presence of a Mil boosts the Megid of Ob Lilies.

Del Lilies have 100% Megid in Ult, but their Megid in other difficulties is still strong.

Ill Gill also have very high hit Megid - again, in Ult it's 100%. Also, in Ultimate, some Ill Gill have multiple Hits weapons, so you might die from the sheer damage and not for the EDK...

Ult Deldepths have close to 100% Hit Megid as well.

Also:
Over 70% (or was it 75%?) in barta resistance adds a Cure Freeze effect.
Over 70%/75% in zonde resistance adds a Cure Shock effect.

I'll try the ELT thing next time I'm online.

Para
Feb 10, 2005, 11:48 AM
Hmm i remember surviving a Mil Lily megid with my 73 or 74 edk. Not sure about del lily megid... i think i survived an ult one before but im not sure really.

I dont remember Ill Gill using megid... infact I remember that evade comes into play when he strikes you with its one hit ko. I even blocked his attack. Unless you really seen him cast megid like it was a regular megid technique then its something i havent seen yet from my tower runs.

And I do not believe it is possible to get 100% ELT as I went through the database and you can only get 60 elt from resist units and then 5 ELT max from a shield and 25 from some armour... thats only 90 ELT sadly... would be hilarious to see grants do nothing though.

However EIC is a possibility and with sil dragon gloating with his freezing abilities... would be funny to see him do shit.

edit:Huh I think its not possible to get 100% on any resist besides EDK... apparently.. sega did more planning than we thought http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif the most resist you can get from armour is 25 and thats either EDK or ELT but theres only a +5 for ELT from sheilds and + 60 = 90 max. for the others you only get like +5 from armour (EIC EFR etc.) but +30 from shield... plus 60 more and you get 95...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Nites on 2005-02-10 09:01 ]</font>

Saffran
Feb 10, 2005, 12:26 PM
I thought sacred guard gave 16 elt.... or was it invisible guard?

Edit:
I knew it. Resta Merge, Sacred Guard and another Merge (forgto which) give 15 ELT. 100 ELT is possible.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Saffran on 2005-02-10 09:37 ]</font>

Para
Feb 10, 2005, 08:26 PM
oh ok i mustve skipped it by accident.. hmm i THINK i got a sacred guard... and ill look for resist holy... gee this is going to be fun... falz doing 0 damage with grants XD

Saffran
Feb 10, 2005, 09:49 PM
Ah, I happen to have 4 Resist Holy and a DParts 2.10. If you catch me online, we could try it...

EJ
Feb 11, 2005, 02:09 AM
So did you test it out yet, Nite?

If so, what were the results?

Para
Feb 11, 2005, 08:58 AM
i dont have time on weekdays. i got university u know. but i plan to test this soon

Saffran
Feb 14, 2005, 03:59 PM
OK, I took my lv 154 Hucaseal to Ultimate Dark Force with a Brighness Circle and 4 resist Holy on.

The bottom line is that the Heaven Punishment attack still does lotsa damage, but the Grants spell does less. Actually, it did around 130 HP damage.

Para
Feb 14, 2005, 05:01 PM
with 100 ELT?
and heaven punishment isnt a technique (it says in the DF guild on psow) so i would assume it has no effect.

Saffran
Feb 14, 2005, 05:20 PM
As I said in my post, I had a brightness circle and 4 resist Holy: that's 80 ELT.

My Fo isn't high enough to equip the Spirit Garment, otherwise I would have tried it on her (with Resta Merge, it adds up to 100 ELT)