PDA

View Full Version : What do you fear?

dude3282
Feb 9, 2005, 10:29 PM
I've always found it funny when people were afraid of birds, or elevators, or spiders, or something like that. Heights don't bug me that much, nor do critters. I did a survey once for a science fair project for school, and found that lots of people are freaked out by snakes and things that I think are cool. But I think I've found something that makes me scared. I'm afraid that when I grow up, I'll be a cripple like my dad. I'm afraid that I'll be lactose-intolerant and diabetic and I won't be able to eat anything. I'm afraid that I'll get back problems like my Dad and spend every other weekend with either a busted back or a killer headache. I'm afraid that I won't be able to enjoy life with my future wife and kids.

So, how about you?

TheOneHero
Feb 9, 2005, 10:31 PM
That I will be forgotten from the world.

RicoRoyal
Feb 9, 2005, 11:19 PM
Bees and wasps. Not insects as a whole... just bees and wasps. Bees and fucking wasps. AH! BEE IN THE HOUSE! *runs and hides in corner*

Oh wait, that was just the static from the T.V. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

Phew. Close call. Now then... to the bee mobile!

WrathofGOD
Feb 9, 2005, 11:20 PM
I'm afraid that I won't be all that great in my career, and spend my life working on mediocre projects.

EphekZ
Feb 9, 2005, 11:51 PM
you....

i fear this world...

AUTO_
Feb 9, 2005, 11:52 PM
On 2005-02-09 19:31, TheOneHero wrote:
That I will be forgotten from the world.

"yo morere y nadian me recordara" - Anonymous

^I'm going to die, and no one will remember my name...stole that from the inside of Mars Volta's De-loused in the Comatorium CD booklet, gotta love the irony.

My fear?

Some sort of health problem that won't allow me to do daily things--even if it isn't fatal or all that painful.

Eihwaz
Feb 10, 2005, 12:55 AM
My own mortality.

BOC
Feb 10, 2005, 02:45 PM
The MyTea B.O.C. - little sissy who screams at spiders.

yep spiders.

PEACE!!!

Aredhel
Feb 10, 2005, 04:52 PM
Fear, itself?

By all accounts, I fear work. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif

Tact
Feb 10, 2005, 05:05 PM
Hmm...I'm afraid of spiders, but just in person. When it's a picture, I'm fine.

And bees/wasps/hornets, but again, just in person.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: tactician7777 on 2005-02-10 14:06 ]</font>

RicoRoyal
Feb 10, 2005, 05:29 PM
Yes, I forgot to clarify that my fear of bees and wasps is only in person. I'm not gonna be one to freak out just at the sight of a bee on the cover of a magazine or something...

So tact and I have something in common. *universe explodes*

neko-chan
Feb 10, 2005, 05:44 PM
Butterflies.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: neko-chan on 2005-02-10 14:44 ]</font>

KveerRaven
Feb 10, 2005, 05:50 PM
I'm afraid afraid of the unknown. The things you can't see in the dark. The erie presence you feel when all the lights are out, the one where you feel like someone, somethings watching you. In Kendo, you're taught to know your surroundings, your opponent, and the weapon in your hand, to become so in tune with everything around you that you can drown it all out and see, hear, or feel nothing between you and your opponent, except his weapon and attacks.

Yeah, the unknown. Not knowing whats really there, if aything at all.

Oh yeah, and spiders, yep, definitely hate spiders. In person in pictuers. I can't stand the fucking things! Funny thing is, I used to torture the assholes as a kid! Strange how the one thing I loved to torment would grow to become a fear of mine.

Hrith
Feb 10, 2005, 06:24 PM
big insects >_<

Hrigg
Feb 10, 2005, 06:38 PM
Large, unchained, Pitbulls freak me out. Bees and hornets give me chills, my dog's crap frightens me, Losing all my PSO data...

Scrub
Feb 10, 2005, 06:58 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v339/TheOneHero/Me.bmp

P. S. - Kinda an inside joke. =P

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: GreyPhantasm on 2005-02-10 16:00 ]</font>

BrokenHope
Feb 10, 2005, 06:59 PM
Spending the rest of my life alone, with nobody that loves me.

Sounds kinda pathetic when I put it into words.

TheOneHero
Feb 10, 2005, 11:08 PM
On 2005-02-10 15:58, GreyPhantasm wrote:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v339/TheOneHero/Me/Me.bmp

P. S. - Kinda an inside joke. =P

You fear:

A: My red eyes.
B: The spider.
C: Me.
D: All of the above.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: TheOneHero on 2005-02-15 13:16 ]</font>

ShadowNINJA007
Feb 14, 2005, 02:44 PM
I am not really afraid of anything, though acacionally (sp?) I will be a little scared to do something like jump off a house or something like that, my real fear is my afterlife...what will happen...

and the fear of the unknown.

Graptakular83
Feb 14, 2005, 03:08 PM
What is my fear?

Well, if something is acting all wierd, I get freaked out (like a rabbit growling at you). But yeah, I'd have to say that the uncertainty of death bothers me the most as well. I'm not keen on the idea that I simply cease to exist, like a tree dosen't make a sound if noones there to hear it, does that mean that reality won't exist if i dont exist to see it? Gaahh, philosophy class in muh brain!

Daikarin
Feb 14, 2005, 03:21 PM
If there is a thing such as reincarnation, it would make your fear look dumb, eh Graptacular?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Even_Jin on 2005-02-14 12:22 ]</font>

Sharkyland
Feb 15, 2005, 12:53 AM
Greatest fear? I'm narrowing it down to... true loneliness. No one to rely on when you are feeling sad or to comfort you. No one to hear praises or critizism on what you do, think, or say. Nobody acknowledging your presence. Losing yourself (your dreams, your goals, motivation, etc) in a world that doesn't care about you. No hope.

Though I didn't think about the being crippled fear. The stuff that I can't do... ungh. I dunno how I can live.

Neith
Feb 15, 2005, 04:14 PM
I suppose death bothers me, but I cant exactly do anything about it, so I try to forget it. The thing that I fear the most is that I'll make a complete failure of my life. That, would suck. Other than that, im not really 'scared' of much to be honest.

On the other hand, there's probably something that would scare the hell outta me!

Kadou
Feb 15, 2005, 04:18 PM
My one and only fear is rejection. A date, a job application, any of it brings up all kinds of doubts and shit until I just go onwith whatever it is I'm trying to do. Always end up feeling good afterward whther I was rejected or not though.

ABDUR101
Feb 15, 2005, 04:41 PM
I fear not enjoying my life, or having a life I don't enjoy.

In most cases, it's quite easy to change your life into something else.

Musashiden
Feb 15, 2005, 05:13 PM
Losing all of those i truelly care about and being left alone in the world with nothing, that is my absolute worst fear.