PDA

View Full Version : Social ninjitsu

Alielle
Feb 10, 2005, 04:53 AM
I.e., the art of being socially invisible. I happen to be an unconscious master of it. I don't know why. Doesn't matter where I am, online, in person, anywhere. Even if I go out of my way to be nice to someone, I end up ignored.

So why do I bother? Well, most of the time I don't, and it doesn't really affect me. But every once in a while, it really starts to make me feel completely shitty. Doesn't help that the people around me are constantly making me feel that way. People getting mad about really stupid shit, being completely pushed out of a "best friend's" life because she doesn't agree with the way I live my life, generally feeling unappreciated and unwelcome with most people I encounter. And it's not like I don't try.

Oh well. Time to disappear again. ^_^

BrokenHope
Feb 10, 2005, 05:41 AM
On 2005-02-10 01:53, Alielle wrote:
I.e., the art of being socially invisible. I happen to be an unconscious master of it. I don't know why. Doesn't matter where I am, online, in person, anywhere. Even if I go out of my way to be nice to someone, I end up ignored.

So why do I bother? Well, most of the time I don't, and it doesn't really affect me. But every once in a while, it really starts to make me feel completely shitty. Doesn't help that the people around me are constantly making me feel that way. People getting mad about really stupid shit, being completely pushed out of a "best friend's" life because she doesn't agree with the way I live my life, generally feeling unappreciated and unwelcome with most people I encounter. And it's not like I don't try.

Oh well. Time to disappear again. ^_^

I kinda can relate to most of this, cause it seems to be true for myself as well. :/

Most of the time when I try to make friendships, If I'm not the one always constantly contacting them and making conversation, then we pretty much wouldn't talk, so I guess that shows that they only talk to me out of being nice and not because they actually want to talk to me.

Rainbowlemon
Feb 10, 2005, 06:18 AM
If your friends are doing that, its them with the problem, not you - A friend would appreciate you and your lifestyle, so...perhaps its time to get out and make some new friends?

Either that, or actually talk to them, and find out what you're doing that's so wrong it should be ignored - things wont be solved by creeping back into the darkness and being forgotten about...contrary to what the makers of MGS think...

Skorpius
Feb 10, 2005, 06:58 AM
It's everyone else's fault. I came to that conclusion pretty late in the game, though, and lost all but one highschool friend I had.

EDIT: Typos!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Skorpius on 2005-02-10 03:58 ]</font>

Balthor
Feb 10, 2005, 08:57 AM
Fuck em'. Have a beer, and watch a zombie movie.

Ness
Feb 10, 2005, 09:04 AM
I understand where you're coming from, Ali. Somethimes I feel the same way, but I've found a way to use it to my advantage.

Hrith
Feb 10, 2005, 06:20 PM
*gibs Alielle a cookie* (^-^)/

I dunno, you stand out to me, more than many PSOW (and #psow) users, that's not much, but heh.

But if you don't make noise, you cannot blame blind people for not noticing you http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif (you know what I mean http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif )

It rarely happened to me, but when it did, it sure made me feel shitty, and usually, I would leave, if I am to feel alone, I'd rather be alone.

Alielle
Feb 10, 2005, 07:31 PM
Thanks.

I guess I shouldn't complain too much. I know people who have much worse luck.

It's just really, really annoying. I've been in many situations where I've literally been overlooked. There have been numerous times like that when I've had to do a double-take, seriously wondering if I was a ghost or something.

And there are other times when I try to talk to people, and they don't seem like they'd give a shit if I died the next minute. I hate it when people aren't upfront with me about whether they want me to get out of their faces or not. All they're doing is wasting my time. I'm not gonna cry over it, so have some balls. >_<

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Alielle on 2005-02-10 16:34 ]</font>

Wyndham
Feb 10, 2005, 07:41 PM
you're not invisible.
online, I'm very invisible.
so I know what you mean, and I'm more invisible than you, because your posts stand out and show intelligence and personality.

IceBurner
Feb 11, 2005, 02:38 AM
I don't know why some people don't seem to notice you, but you stood out to me immediately when we first met. :3

navci
Feb 11, 2005, 02:48 AM
On 2005-02-10 06:04, Ness wrote:
I understand where you're coming from, Ali. Somethimes I feel the same way, but I've found a way to use it to my advantage.

*snicker*

Ditto Ali. I have no idea what to do about it. Scream louder, perhaps? People who notice you will notice you, and they are prolly more worth your while anyway.

Alielle
Feb 11, 2005, 04:51 AM
You guys are nice. Makes me feel guilty for feeling bad. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif

On 2005-02-10 23:48, navinator wrote:

Ditto Ali. I have no idea what to do about it. Scream louder, perhaps? People who notice you will notice you, and they are prolly more worth your while anyway.

That's true. Maybe I just "need to get out more." School eats a lot of my time though.

*_*

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Alielle on 2005-02-11 01:53 ]</font>

Skyly_Samurai
Feb 11, 2005, 10:59 AM
Just let me say this: although i DO feel the same way, you just have to make your own path. Don't change yourself to be noticed since that never seems to work anyways. You already show your individuality as it is, you just need to be patient. There's people out there just like you, and i'm willing to bet that you'll find them sooner than soon, long as you don't get frustrated and give up, ok? just keep goin! ^_^