PDA

View Full Version : Item: Calculation of luck

Dek
Feb 10, 2005, 10:55 AM
I've tried the guides and havent found anything that would really answer my question...

How exactly is your chance of gettng a critical hit calculated since...

A. You have hit % on an item
B. You have the Luck stat?

Thanks in advance!

BrokenHope
Feb 10, 2005, 10:56 AM
On 2005-02-10 07:55, Arthas_Zero wrote:
I've tried the guides and havent found anything that would really answer my question...

How exactly is your chance of gettng a critical hit calculated since...

A. You have hit % on an item
B. You have the Luck stat?

Thanks in advance!

Hit % is just added accuracy and isn't really a % at all since it is added directly.

Luck increases your critical hit rate, but I'm not sure exactly how much luck translates to crits, or if it can even be worked out.

Luis
Feb 10, 2005, 11:16 AM
i am not sure about it but i think if you have 100 of luck you got 33% chance of getting a critical hit, also i was wondering i really did found more lucks material on very hard and normal than in ultimate, not sure about it but does the luck material got a better drop chance on vhard than ultimate?? anyone???

RicoRoyal
Feb 10, 2005, 11:24 AM
On 2005-02-10 08:16, Luis wrote:
i am not sure about it but i think if you have 100 of luck you got 33% chance of getting a critical hit, also i was wondering i really did found more lucks material on very hard and normal than in ultimate, not sure about it but does the luck material got a better drop chance on vhard than ultimate?? anyone???

http://www.pso-world.com/sections.php?op=listarticles&secid=53

According to that, v-hard and ultimate luck drops aren't all that different (ultimate is still just a smidge better though). Normal difficulty Ruins, CCA and Seabed seem to be your best bet. Or if you wish to look in ultimate, then Ruins and anything in Ep II are a good choice.

In anycase, I figure the rate of drop is so small that whether you find more or less luck materials in any difficulty is actually more out of pure dumb luck than out of looking in the right places.

Luis
Feb 10, 2005, 11:40 AM
Well i just found something interresting, when i saw the guides its says than in normal forest, you cant find the material, but guess what, when i was doing Max Attack 1 Ver 2, i did on normal because to get the kill fast (wow what a cheap player i am!!!) but i found 2 lucks materials on normal forest, in about 5 runs of max attack still a low drop rate but why the guide doesnt say the drop rate on forest 2 normal?

Luis
Feb 10, 2005, 11:42 AM
and rico why you dont come over and help me on max attack 1 ver 2, i need the hearts!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!