PDA

View Full Version : Dumb question: fsod

Crisis
Feb 10, 2005, 09:10 PM
ok this may sound dumb but I have never had a fsod and i was wondering if it just erases the char that was last played or all chars?

- -
edit: title clearified.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Dhylec on 2005-02-25 10:19 ]</font>

Ketchup345
Feb 10, 2005, 09:15 PM
It varies. Sometimes it may do nothing besides reset any changes since the last save, or it may corrupt your whole card.

Crisis
Feb 10, 2005, 09:20 PM
On 2005-02-10 18:15, Ketchup345 wrote:
It varies. Sometimes it may do nothing besides reset any changes since the last save, or it may corrupt your whole card.

By corrupt the whole card do you mean the whole card(everything that isnt pso too)?

Ketchup345
Feb 10, 2005, 09:26 PM
On 2005-02-10 18:20, Crisis wrote:
By corrupt the whole card do you mean the whole card(everything that isnt pso too)?

If it happens at a certain time, possibly (such as during a save I think).

Graptakular83
Feb 11, 2005, 03:34 AM
When I corrupted, it only ruined my PSO data (all my chars) and nothing else.

Tycho
Feb 11, 2005, 04:04 AM
On 2005-02-11 00:34, Graptakular83 wrote:
When I corrupted, it only ruined my PSO data (all my chars) and nothing else.

You corrupted? http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif( Sorry to hear that.. Do you still play actually?

Graptakular83
Feb 11, 2005, 03:44 PM
Hey Tych, I thought I had told you when we battled on Ep3 during X-mas? Guess not, but ya, i corrupted a while ago, I'm only just starting to get into playing again. As for online, I try to play every now and then, like when I'm up late cuz of schoolwork. My brother (KAZEH) usually plays Ep3 during the week though.

Foforlife
Feb 25, 2005, 12:50 PM
Well when it happened to me ( twice in the same night) all data on my memory cards got erased. Talk about bad luck.

Seval
Feb 25, 2005, 01:57 PM
From my expeariance, there are 2 types of FSOD; lobby fsod, and team fsod. the lobby type just gets rid of any cash that you have on you, but the team type, which happens when joining/leaving a team, gets rid of all un-equipted items >.< This is the first I've heard of the corruption fsod...

xxFLOWxx
Feb 25, 2005, 06:05 PM
It happened to me twice.First I lost crap which took me MONTHS to get,and in the lobby I lost 0 meseta.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: xxFLOWxx on 2005-02-25 15:05 ]</font>

Q_Anon
Feb 25, 2005, 06:10 PM
I got it on a force but, I had very few items on me at the time... Once offline, yes offline I lost the entire data on pso but, I worked back and am better than ever.

hucasts_rock
Feb 25, 2005, 08:33 PM
When you get an FSOD, it erases all un-equipped items. If it's in a lobby, it'll only erase your meseta.

Calx
Feb 26, 2005, 12:01 AM
Any reports on whether Ep. I&II Plus is less likely to inflict FSOD on you or not?

Zandres
Apr 7, 2005, 01:55 PM
Just a quick question:

Is there any special trick to getting a partisan of lightning?

I'm a pinkal character, my level is 133, and all I've done for the past 3 month is run laps in the ultimate spaceship in the hopes of getting a partisan of lightning from the Gol Dragon. Is there a trick to make the Gol Dragon drop what you want?

Just curious.

Thanx

Ice_ryu
Apr 7, 2005, 01:56 PM
No tricks just luck vs chance

Rianna_Type1
Apr 7, 2005, 02:05 PM
Well, FSOD, pretty much means "Freeze screen of Death". It occurs when, for some reason, your Gamecube locks up while playing Phantasy Star Online.

Sometimes it's random and sometimes children will cause them in games or lobbies.

The most common FSOD you can get is the one you get when you change lobbies. During the middle of the lobby change, your Gamecube will either display the empty lobby for a second or be stuck at the loading animation. You'll hear a tone emitting from your Gamecube going "WHRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR" and you'll realize there's no recovering from it but to power off the Gamecube.

When this type of FSOD you may or may not lose your unequipped items. What determines this is if you've already joined a game or not when you signed on. If you haven't joined a game yet, then you'll lose nothing. If you have joined a game, then all your unequipped items and meseta will have gone byebye.

The other type of FSOD occurs when a child in the lobby decides to crash everyone out. Again, same results as the first type of FSOD.

The last type of FSOD can occur in a game. It can be caused by a child or just really bad luck. However, if you're saving to the memory card while this FSOD is occuring, your PSO data will most likely be corrupt and you can say goodbye to all four of your characters on that memory card.

This type of FSOD used to happen, don't know if it does, very randomly upon joining a game. The game would double save to your memory card upon joining, but unlike normal, the game would still be MOVING while the second save is happening. Not completely stopped as it normally would. If you had FSOD'd during this second save while the game was still in motion, you'd be pretty much fucked.

.. I don't think this happens anymore, though.

If you're in a game and there isn't a child causing your FSOD, but you happen to get one. You could just have ran into a game glitch and will just have to restart the system. You should be fine recovering from this one, though, as long as you weren't saving. This type of FSOD usually happen during battle, though. I've only seen them happen on the Dreamcast and not the Gamecube, though.

Hope this helps out alot.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Rianna_Type1 on 2005-04-07 12:11 ]</font>