PDA

View Full Version : Oh no! Another one of these new character suggestions thread

Mixfortune
Feb 11, 2005, 03:43 AM
Okay, I've decided to recreate my Hucaseal as a Racaseal, since out of 5 chars (counting that Hucaseal) I'd have 3 HUs, 1 RA, and 1 FO... and didn't quite feel like having another HU to level for a while... and also wanted at least one droid.

That leaves Racast and Racaseal, and I'm thinking of trying Racaseal, since my brother has a 172 Racast anyways, SO...

I'm mostly wondering about an ID that would be good for what I have (ie, allows me to find more "new" things compared to the other IDs I have and such).

Main chars at the moment are:
Bluefull Humar
Skyly Hunewearl
Whitill Fonewm
Purplenum Ramarl

I'm thinking of making a Redria Racaseal, but I'd figure I'd check here beforehand in case there's a better choice I could make.

Thanks.

EDIT: I know mostly what IDs get what and such, but I guess I'm trying to figure out if making a Redria would be a waste (given what I have) or better spent on a different ID.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Mixfortune on 2005-02-11 00:55 ]</font>

Tycho
Feb 11, 2005, 04:16 AM
Well.. Redria is a nice ID. I have a Redria RAcaseal. But bot rangers are quite good for towers, that's why I made my RAcast Viridia for PW#4..

Ofcourse it would also depend on what kind of stuff you are looking for yourself, but, yeah, you know how to use guides. You know most things about this game yourself, so.

By the way. Your sig is really cool.

Hrith
Feb 11, 2005, 05:46 AM
If you don't want a RAcast, then RAcaseal, yeah.

Redria or Viridia, both are good.

One thing, though, you better get back online, RAcaseal offline, even tweaked, sucks.

Vielka
Feb 11, 2005, 06:45 AM
On 2005-02-11 02:46, Kef wrote:

One thing, though, you better get back online, RAcaseal offline, even tweaked, sucks.

i agree with kef. My most recent character is a Redria RAcast. Having him tweaked to clear the offline episodes wasnt too bad. I had soo much fun during the hard and very hard stages since racasts are tanks. I cant speak much of RAcaseals since ive never played one. My vote goes for racast. Hope you enjoy them.

Garm
Feb 11, 2005, 07:30 AM
On 2005-02-11 03:45, Vielka wrote:

i agree with kef. My most recent character is a Redria RAcast. Having him tweaked to clear the offline episodes wasnt too bad. I had soo much fun during the hard and very hard stages since racasts are tanks. I cant speak much of RAcaseals since ive never played one. My vote goes for racast. Hope you enjoy them.

RAcaseal are also tanks (that why I named mine tank XD) just look at the def http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif RAcaseal can solo offline but since she lacks techs and ATP it's hard, but still fun. Online she rocks with lvl 30 s/d/j/z. My racaseal is also redria and there's only one con: Piping lavis is pure hell >.> And RAcaseal had the best looks IMO

DezoPenguin
Feb 11, 2005, 08:49 AM
Hm.

Honestly, I'd suggest Viridia. Much as I like Redria, Mix, I don't see you as having much need for it. You obviously play online, or else you'd have a Redria already (to acquire God/Battles for your other HUs and RAs, if nothing else), which gives you access to other people's Redrias. And RAcaseals aren't exactly designed to fight Hildetorrs or pipe Pouilly Slimes, which takes care of two of the best reasons to be a Redria.

As for the experience of being a RAcaseal...yeah, it's tough. ^_^ Even tweaked, you'll get very familiar with the experience of doing too fragging little damage. And although they have the second-highest HP in the game, you won't be seeing any of those at low levels. About the only thing they have over a RAcast is their ATA and the fact they don't make that horrible headache-inducing clomping sound. Well, that and they're cute.

So I'd go with Viridia, a solid Ranger ID with some nice unique and/or easy drops. If you're feeling creative you might try Oran or Yellowboze, but Redria might be better than those, anyway. Most everything good about Greenill you already have largely covered by Purplenum (and your Skyly can even deal with a Justy fetish ^_^, while your Bluefull even has the Holy Ray drop), and...well, let's not mention Pinkal for an android Ranger.

Zelgadis
Feb 11, 2005, 11:26 AM

A proper RAcaseal controlled by a decent player with decent equipment can be a deadly. Even off-line. *coughs* Frozen Shooter *coughs*

DezoPenguin
Feb 11, 2005, 11:39 AM
On 2005-02-11 08:26, Zelgadis wrote:

A proper RAcaseal controlled by a decent player with decent equipment can be a deadly. Even off-line. *coughs* Frozen Shooter *coughs*

Unfortunately, she'll still be inferior to a RAmarl, RAcast, or RAmar of equivalent level, equipment, and skill, though, which I think is what he meant. It's certainly what I meant--RAcaseals are the worst of the Rangers, stat-wise.

SJ
Feb 11, 2005, 12:11 PM
RAcaseal is the worst class out of the3 RAs (and imo the game).
Even if your brother does have a 172 RAcast, going for one of those would be better >.>.
SJ

Blue-Hawk
Feb 11, 2005, 01:14 PM
On 2005-02-11 09:11, SJ wrote:

3 Ra's? And here all along I thought there were 4.
Besides, how is a Racaseal worse than a Racast?
Seeing as how I played literally every character in the game at one point, I have found that, despite the fact that Racaseals are a hair weaker than Racasts, they have far better ATA and they can take a hit better. Plus they aren't butt fugly and have those size 90 shoes.

Lone_Wolf_Nasca
Feb 11, 2005, 01:17 PM
Even if your brother does have a 172 RAcast, going for one of those would be better >.>.
SJ

I beg to differ on this, I have a Racaseal in the high 140's and I simply love playing with her http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif, this is the girl I rather use in Seabeds rather that my Humar, heck, every time I play multi offline with my partner she begs me to use that Racaseal, she loves playing next to that Racassie more that with my support force and she uses a Hunney (which could greatly benefit from the level 30 Shifta and Deband and the constant Jellen and Zalure, which are also level 30, not to mention the extanded Resta range >.> ).

I might not play online anymore, and I might not have as much experience or knowledge as Kef on online play, but I do know that Racaseals do NOT suck (How can you resist their cuteness anyway ? http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif )

Garm
Feb 11, 2005, 02:47 PM
RAcaseal don't suck: they're the most challenging to play http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif And any RAnger with M&Y, FS and a Spread Needle has little to no problems offline. And ever seen a max def + 4 way pb combo racaseal? No? Be happy http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

General RA guide:

RAmar: decent offline, good online --> ATA, nice ATP and resta when the FO's buisy.

RAmarl: perfect offline, bit short on hp and sadly looses a huge adavntage over the others when theres a FO around.

RAcast: ATP, hp and traps lacking a bit ATA compared to others (still he's a RA and rarely misses).

RAcaseal: DFP, hp and traps lacking greatly in ATP but this can be made for with a FS/SQ and Spread Needle (to paralyse/freeze).

Droids online > Humans online
Droids offline < Humans offline

Mixfortune
Feb 11, 2005, 04:09 PM
Dezo: I've played a bit online, but mostly offline, especially since I cancelled HL about a month ago. Planning on coming back sometime soon though. The reason I don't currently have a Redria is because someone we used to play offline Multimode with was a Redria, so we'd just do trades with him (it's how I got an iritista) http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Also, I tried making a Redria earlier (as I figured he wouldn't play forever), but I lost it a little less than a year back during my mass corruption... which basically had taken out all my non-HU rares -_-. Although now I've sort of built the RA rares back up again.

hmm, I may hold off a bit until either I get back online, or one of my brothers actually levels one of their FOs to help out. Until then, I think I'll make Racaseal over the Hucaseal, clear the difficulties up to Ult, and then see how it works out with the items I have at my disposal.

I have a 45 or so Racaseal somewhere, but since it's not on a trustworthy card, probably won't be playing it again http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

SJ: I wouldn't mind having both be Racasts, but currently, just between me and him, there's 2 Bluefulls, 2 Whitills, 2 Purplenums, 2 Hunewearls, 2 Fonewms, and he's considering a Ramarl http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif (those aren't all our chars, but most likely the ones to end up most played) That's one reason I'm sort of holding off on being Racast, not because of his level.

EDIT: I most likely won't be piping Forest Torrs and Slimes that much, as I already have a Lavis and Rainbow Baton. If anything, I may pipe another Torr sometime for more stones, but not that often.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Mixfortune on 2005-02-11 13:16 ]</font>

SJ
Feb 12, 2005, 07:17 AM
On 2005-02-11 10:14, Blue-Hawk wrote:

Seeing as how I played literally every character in the game at one point, I have found that, despite the fact that Racaseals are a hair weaker than Racasts, they have far better ATA and they can take a hit better. Plus they aren't butt fugly and have those size 90 shoes.

1. That was a typo.
2. RAcasts are not fugly imo, I hate racaseals skirt >.>
3. RAcaseals are not very good imo, I prefer racasts, and it's just an opinion.

Garm : Despite being 'ok' in your opinion, to me they are still the worst ra, by far.

But it is just my opinon, I like atp personally and racaseals lack that, thats why I dislike them.
Anyway, it is after all, just an opinion.
SJ

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: SJ on 2005-02-12 04:23 ]</font>

Garm
Feb 12, 2005, 04:18 PM
On 2005-02-12 04:17, SJ wrote:

On 2005-02-11 10:14, Blue-Hawk wrote:

1. That was a typo.
2. RAcasts are not fugly imo, I hate racaseals skirt >.>
3. RAcaseals are not very good imo, I prefer racasts, and it's just an opinion.

Garm : Despite being 'ok' in your opinion, to me they are still the worst ra, by far.

But it is just my opinon, I like atp personally and racaseals lack that, thats why I dislike them.
Anyway, it is after all, just an opinion.
SJ

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: SJ on 2005-02-12 04:23 ]</font>

If it's your opinion then they don't suck http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif But none of the characters in the game suck, when they're played right.

EphekZ
Feb 12, 2005, 11:47 PM
I would go with a RAcaseal and i am offline only and she is just magnificant, just pay alot off attention to your mag get it to around level 100 by 30 or so, no problems.

I would think a whitill seeing as if you dont have on it has some good stuff and some good armors so yea but dont take my word by itself.

P.S.- Wow this is very surprising coming from you http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif

edit: nevermind you have one already http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif
( I shoudl really pay more attention >_>)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: darkgunner on 2005-02-12 20:48 ]</font>

Mixfortune
Feb 13, 2005, 11:45 PM
On 2005-02-12 20:47, darkgunner wrote:

P.S.- Wow this is very surprising coming from you http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: darkgunner on 2005-02-12 20:48 ]</font>

Well, it was more along the lines of "I'm thinking of these IDs, but would Redria be as useful given my current IDs (overlapping item finds, etc.)". That's one of the things I'm not as good at, ID Combos.

Anyways, I only have 3 armors and shields over 100 (Kasami, Sacred Cloth, Aura Field (used to have Standstill, but traded it off)), and hardly any God or Cure units, so I think I'll be going with Redria.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Mixfortune on 2005-02-13 20:46 ]</font>