PDA

View Full Version : WH40K

tank1
Feb 11, 2005, 04:27 AM
Has any1 here ever played WH40K and if so what army u collect?

Crisis
Feb 11, 2005, 04:30 AM
Ive heard of it but I never really got in to it...

space_butler
Feb 11, 2005, 07:22 AM
is there anyone with only one army? i have:
imperial guard
space marines (standard)
dark angels
orks

only problem is the lack of opponents I get (untill those 3 guys start collecting...hehehe)

KveerRaven
Feb 11, 2005, 08:54 AM
I have Chaos, Daemon Hunters, and Imp Guards. I tear up the battle field and I have an entire 5 armies of Darks Angels, Space Marines, and Elder Dark combined coming my way for beating the shit out of a guy during a tornament around my area.

Alielle
Feb 11, 2005, 02:29 PM
I love Tyranids.

But I don't even have enough for a 1000 pt. army, and I'm not planning on getting more anytime soon. Too expensive, and there's no one I'd want to play with out here.

In the small skirmishes I have played though, they've often emerged victorious. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Swan
Feb 12, 2005, 09:54 AM
you're all wrong. classic Space Marines all the way. tell me otherwise when you got a termanator squad and a dreadnaught barrelling down on yer chaos luv'n @$$ crack.

tank1
Feb 12, 2005, 01:10 PM
im personally a marine player but ive gone of dreads due to the fact chaos havocs with tank-hunters abilitity keep putting a lascannon to him.

space_butler
Feb 12, 2005, 01:54 PM
On 2005-02-12 06:54, Swan wrote:
you're all wrong. classic Space Marines all the way. tell me otherwise when you got a termanator squad and a dreadnaught barrelling down on yer chaos luv'n @$$ crack.

ill set some angry meltabomb/powerfist wielding last chancers on them, thats always a laugh. if you can get past my artillery that is...

tank1
Feb 12, 2005, 02:10 PM
lol i have had a few success's though when fighting my mate styuarts chaos army.(which has 1 super sick lord 2 renegade squads, 3 havoc squads and 20 khorne verzerkers sick eh?) i drop podded my venerable next to his berzerkers, on his turn he fluffed every havoc against it and the berzerkers blodd raged they charged and where in hand 2 hand the rest of the match safe to say he was pretty pissed off lol.

Fanta
Feb 14, 2005, 08:53 AM
I have been playing it for a few years now. Starting to play it less and less...hopefully I will stay playing.

I collect;
- Blood Angles
- Space Wolves (dont have much)
- Khorne
- Daemon Hunters
- Tau (current army)
- Kroot Mercs
- Nids (mates, not mine)
- Necrons (dads, not mine)
- Starting a new Space Marine Army, already have a techmarine with full harness...=P

I will PM you my email so you can email me your armies and lists if you like...

ShadowNINJA007
Feb 14, 2005, 01:57 PM
Well, I haven't actually played yet, but I have looked into it and I personally am interested in the Tau, maybe that's just my Newb interest...

Neith
Feb 15, 2005, 04:18 PM
I collect Chaos Marines, more specifically Black Legion. I think my army is around 3600points, so big that the shop wont let me use it for their battles. Although its black legion, it focuses mainly on Khorne, tons of Berserkers, bike mounted Khorne Liutenant, Khorne Daemon Prince, Khorne Bloodthirster. Really want the Forge World Bloodthirster, but im not paying £120.. Need to fix my Daemon Prince too, my mum stood on it http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

Neith
Feb 15, 2005, 04:22 PM
On 2005-02-12 06:54, Swan wrote:

Likewise Swan, it could be a Chaos Terminator Squad, with a Dreadnought (preferably Fire Frenzy to blow away Marines wholesale) Remember that Chaos are just corrupt marines, so their army list is similar. (Not that id use Terminators, could waste those points on more Berserkers)

Fanta
Feb 16, 2005, 05:45 PM
Nice UrikoBB3,
Love the Chaos myself. The Forge World Bloodthirster is *(pound sign here)120 but the rules for it are AMAZING:

An'Ggrath the Unbound 0-1 in army (888 pts)
WS10, BS3, S10, T8, W8, I5, A7,Ld10, Sv2+/4+

Rules
Possession: as chaos player you should know, needs to be possessed by another model...
Foresome: -2 leadership for enemy models after combat...
Fearless: No morale check, pinning test etc...
Monsturous: Ouch...
Invulnerable: always able to take a save
Living Icon: used to summon lesser demons...
Deamonic Flight: has wings, move 12"
Mark of Khorne, Blood Frenzy and Rage of Khorne: in Chaos Codex.
Axe of Khorne: any 6s to hit allow an extra attack
Lash of Khorne: Range - 12", S7, AP3 (assault 2)

* Apparently I have European keyboard so some buttons are muddled around and some arent even on it, and I dont know where th epound sign is.

Fanta
Feb 16, 2005, 05:49 PM
On 2005-02-14 10:57, ShadowNINJA007 wrote:
Well, I haven't actually played yet, but I have looked into it and I personally am interested in the Tau, maybe that's just my Newb interest...

Indeed, that is what I though when they came out, now I collect them and they are a good army to use. Damn, there a good range combat army, not very good in close combat, Kroot are the best at that in there army and they crap too. =)

Good army to use, lots of fun battles...

Neith
Feb 16, 2005, 05:52 PM
Yeah, I know someone who has the Forge World edition Bloodthirster, makes my standard one look puny... he works in Games Workshop, so he got it for 90quid...

As for the Marines, Ive been playing Chaos for around 1 1/2 years now, only been beaten by Imperial Guard and Tau. No Marine army ive faced can deal with 30+ Berserkers, knowing that killing the Champion will summon the Bloodthister, lmao. I need to get back into 40K, think my Tau friend wants a rematch soon, gonna try and stuff him this time http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Fanta
Feb 16, 2005, 05:58 PM
Nice, 30 berserker... *drools*

Killing the champion may summon the daemon but you have to test for instability if the host dies. Better to kill the host then to let it come out on its own. =)

Neith
Feb 17, 2005, 08:42 AM
Yeah, the Berserker's tend to kill so much that summoning the 'thirster' isnt needed http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif My Daemon Prince and Berserkers are the main squad killers (up to 8 S8 Attacks with no saves= mass pwnage, and thats just the Prince. Add to that the 3 attacks from EACH berserker, plus 4 from champion I believe, and it works out at just over 100 attacks, with only the chainsword attacks allowing saves (Khornate Chainaxes dont allow 2+ or 3+ saves, so they slaughter marines) Pretty funny watching a couple of squads winning you a battle, while the remainder of your army just sits there http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

EDIT: I forgot to mention that Chaos hasn't been my only army. Before them, Ive had:
1500pts Tyranid Army
1000pts Necron Army (sold off now)
2500pts Craftworld Eldar army
2500pts Blood Angels army
3000pts Ultramarines army (1st army)

I think that's it, lol, but Im tempted to just collect some minatures to paint up now, rather than battling. Collected that little lot in 7 years.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: UrikoBB3 on 2005-02-17 08:19 ]</font>

Fanta
Feb 18, 2005, 03:12 PM
My Prince has 11 attacks.
3 basic, double cos of Berserker Glaive. (6), Mutation (7), Mark of K (8), and Rage fo K (9-11) when charging...=) Strength 7 when charge, 6 normally

And my Khorne Leader has a lot too...also has RoK