PDA

View Full Version : Mag raising ==> hate DEX

Arashi-Koi
Feb 11, 2005, 09:31 AM
I'm raising a new mag for my FOmar for techniques and to a lesser extent meleeing and thought of going for a Nidra with 15/35/0/150 stats. The problem is though, that i seem to be unable to keep the DEX on it down and thus screwing up my stats

so my question is: is there a way to decrease DEX points with something, to prevent my stats from going all wrong?

thanks on before hand, greetz

digigram
Feb 11, 2005, 09:36 AM
if you don't mind the lack of photon blasts, go hunt down a mark3 for trade or something, and make a 195 mind mag.

no dex at all. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Zelgadis
Feb 11, 2005, 10:02 AM
Not worth it. A FOmars mst tops at 1340. I hit that already...so now I'm concentrating on melee. Of course...once you get high enough you'll want to switch.

Tycho
Feb 11, 2005, 10:45 AM
On 2005-02-11 06:36, digigram wrote:
if you don't mind the lack of photon blasts, go hunt down a mark3 for trade or something, and make a 195 mind mag.

no dex at all. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

System mags are just really really bad. Using them will make your team unable to use PB combos properly (one less person). The stat differences aren't worth it.

DezoPenguin
Feb 11, 2005, 11:47 AM
Back to the original question, if you're going to raise a rare mag for techs, 50/0/0/150 is probably the best choice. All the difluids you pump into it won't affect DEX at all (though you'll have to get a little funky with the Sol Atomizers and Trimates when raising the Def...that was entertaining...). FOmar MST maxes low (by comparison), so you won't really need an insanely high mind mag.

More to the point, any mag you raise for a Force to melee with, especially a FOmar, needs DEX like it's going out of style. Something along the lines of, say, 5/125/70/0, maybe. A few extra points of POW won't do much good, but if you miss entirely, you're out of luck.

It makes more sense to have one mag for teching and one for meleeing and break out whichever one you need for the situation at hand, than to have one single mag which doesn't do either job as well as it could.

Arashi-Koi
Feb 11, 2005, 02:08 PM
On 2005-02-11 08:47, DezoPenguin wrote:
It makes more sense to have one mag for teching and one for meleeing and break out whichever one you need for the situation at hand, than to have one single mag which doesn't do either job as well as it could.

thanks for that. i've used difluids though and they increase DEX too. but i guess i'll just have at least some DEX added in too, then

thanks

DezoPenguin
Feb 11, 2005, 02:25 PM
When raising a Mind mag, stick to Monofluids for the basic Mag and from 10-35 to avoid DEX raising (it's a slow grind, but deal with it http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif ). After level 35, Difluids won't raise any DEX no matter what feeding chart you have (and check the guides for specific details!).