PDA

View Full Version : Question about canes

IKoRaiZa
Feb 11, 2005, 04:09 PM
Are there any canes that boost Gi-techs? I think the C-Sorcerer's Cane is one but I'm not sure.

Also in a realted manner, what is the best equipment for a FOmar?

Crisis
Feb 11, 2005, 04:11 PM
I personally like the psyco wand because of the reduction, but I also use the summit moon...

rena-ko
Feb 11, 2005, 04:20 PM
the sorc cane is technically a rod type weapon.

for the cane ones...
summit moon for base techs and...
p wand for both middle and hard techs i think.

how about you check the guide section for a complete list next time?

Mixfortune
Feb 11, 2005, 04:20 PM
On 2005-02-11 13:11, Crisis wrote:
I personally like the psyco wand because of the reduction, but I also use the summit moon...

Neither boost Gi-techs.
Psycho Wand boosts Ra-techs.
Summit Moon boosts basic techs.

For original poster, check this page out:
http://www.pso-world.com/sections.php?op=viewarticle&artid=472

Crisis
Feb 11, 2005, 04:22 PM
On 2005-02-11 13:20, Mixfortune wrote:

On 2005-02-11 13:11, Crisis wrote:

Neither boost Gi-techs.
Psycho Wand boosts Ra-techs.
Summit Moon boosts basic techs.

For original poster, check this page out:
http://www.pso-world.com/sections.php?op=viewarticle&artid=472

I was answering his other question...

IKoRaiZa
Feb 11, 2005, 04:23 PM
Ah, a beautiful link, thank you.

But I still don't know what to search for for my FOmar in terms of other equipment. I also need help picking equipment for my FOmarl as well.

Magician4
Feb 11, 2005, 04:25 PM
C-sorcerer cane ups the power of all mid lv techs (meaning gi) and reduces the tp consumption by 10%. Psycho wand is better than this, but psycho wand is also much harder to get.

In my opinion the best items for a force are psycho wand, spirit garmet, and attribute wall, but thats just my opinion. I think I remember seeing a guide on the best force equipment, maybe you should check there.

I posted to late http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_redface.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Magician4 on 2005-02-11 13:29 ]</font>

IKoRaiZa
Feb 11, 2005, 04:31 PM
Yeah I looked at that guide but I don't agree with some of the suggestions.

Mixfortune
Feb 11, 2005, 04:36 PM
On 2005-02-11 13:22, Crisis wrote:

I was answering his other question...

Even then, a FOmar's damage tech bonuses are in Gi-techs, so a Summit Moon or Psycho Wand wouldn't be as helpful as a weapon that boosts Gi-techs, since you're focusing on certain techs and upping them even more.

If you're playing offline single player, and want to be a tech caster, go with Gifoie boosters. Sorcerer's Cane and Gifoie merge, if you'd like. Can level you quite quickly if you get it right.

If you're going melee, well I can't help with that too much... but it seems weapons like Soul Banish are rather popular on melee forces.

Sitka
Feb 11, 2005, 04:43 PM
Different situations might require different setups.

For example, if I'm using my Fomar in a magic support/casting role, I like to use Magical Piece for spamming mid-level techs - particularly against Vol Opt. I use it mostly for the MST boost. If you want to melee, try getting a Soul Banish and play like Ian: support first/melee second.

My Fomar (lvl 109) uses a 5/0/42/153 Sato mag, a Magical Piece, Soul Banish, Luminous Field, Attribute Wall or Gifoe Merge, God Battle, God Mind, God Body and God Technique. That's not the perfect setup, far from it, but that's what I'm currently using.

My Fomarl (lvl 104) uses a 5/0/48/147 Sato mag, a Cadeceus, Inferno Bazooka, Luminous Field, Attribute Wall, God Battle, God HP, God Body, and God Technique.

My spells range from 25-30 and I primarily play as a support force with limited melee.

I don't play these two alot out of c-mode right now, but I enjoy playing the Fomarl for c-mode and I dislike playing the Fomar for c-mode. My personal preference when I force online is to play either the Fonewearl or the Fonewmn.

Hope that helps a bit.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sitka on 2005-02-11 13:44 ]</font>

EJ
Feb 14, 2005, 02:26 AM
I personally have this on my

Fomar - Nidra (5/149/45/1)
Equiment: Morning glory, Soul Bainish, and Holy Ray
Armor: Aura Field - God/battle, cure/freeze, resist/devil, God/arm
Shield: Black Ring

Of course Im on a high lvl but I would suggest to go for a good gun and get a Soul eater or Banish if you can hunt one down. A spirit garment is a good armor for force also get a attribute wall its a great shield for levling forces. Since you will do more damage with physical attackes then techs. But a Cadeceus(boost grant) and magical piece(boost gi techs) are good weapons that boost techs. That's all I got for now hope this help you somewhat.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: ForceEJ on 2005-02-13 23:31 ]</font>

BrokenHope
Feb 14, 2005, 03:47 AM
On 2005-02-11 13:20, rena-ko wrote:
the sorc cane is technically a rod type weapon.

for the cane ones...
summit moon for base techs and...
p wand for both middle and hard techs i think.

how about you check the guide section for a complete list next time?

I thought the P wand was a rod type too? At least I'm fairly sure FOmars use them like rods :/

Skorpius
Feb 14, 2005, 03:58 AM
Psycho Wand is a Heavy Tech boosting Rod type weaopon that cuts TP cost by 50% (?) and takes TP cost off of HP.

Tycho
Feb 14, 2005, 06:18 AM
On 2005-02-14 00:58, Skorpius wrote:
Psycho Wand is a Heavy Tech boosting Rod type weaopon that cuts TP cost by 50% (?) and takes TP cost off of HP.

Yes, no question mark. ;p
Wanna try? :)