PDA

View Full Version : How do Tekkers work?

Sitka
Feb 12, 2005, 06:50 PM
I may be corrected, but I believe you get the sound when you get a "good" tech.

Androphonius
Feb 12, 2005, 06:50 PM
I noticed that when tekking an item, I sometimes get the "Quest Completed" sound, and sometimes I don't - what does this signify?
Does section ID make any difference other than the Tekker's appearance?
Cheers.

TheOneHero
Feb 12, 2005, 07:11 PM
On 2005-02-12 15:50, Androphonius wrote:

Does section ID make any difference other than the Tekker's appearance?

Yes it does. =)

I'm not entirely sure, but I think Oran is the ID to get the 10% difference tekked up easier.

Fossil
Feb 12, 2005, 07:38 PM
You say Oran gets an advantage for easier tekking? Hmm, never heard that one before. Can anyone confirm this?

TheOneHero
Feb 12, 2005, 07:43 PM
On 2005-02-12 16:38, Fossil wrote:
You say Oran gets an advantage for easier tekking? Hmm, never heard that one before. Can anyone confirm this?

I said I wasn't sure.

But I do know that some IDs are better at tekking than others.

Fossil
Feb 12, 2005, 07:47 PM
I wasn't being an ass about it. Just saying I've never heard that before.

sviatgabor
Feb 14, 2005, 05:27 AM
I'm an Oran, it doesn't take more than 5 tries to tekk it to the max:D (meaning, the +10%)

Hrith
Feb 14, 2005, 05:59 AM
If that's true, then I've never heard about it.

I have 8 IDs, and never found something of the sort.

I have never seen anything of the sort in the game data, either.

That could account for what the lady in the shop tells you.

PatserGOUKI
Feb 14, 2005, 06:31 AM
do tekkers work? hmmm http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

PatserGOUKI

Calx
Feb 14, 2005, 07:15 AM
Regardless of character, I always seem to be able to get the 10% with a little persistence.

Fanta
Feb 14, 2005, 08:20 AM
I thought that the % increase was to do with character luck??

Lone_Wolf_Nasca
Feb 14, 2005, 08:28 AM
On 2005-02-14 05:20, Fanta wrote:
I thought that the % increase was to do with character luck??

No, it is not based on luck (well, not in the status anyway >.> ). It is possible to archive the 10% bonus with any weapon as long as it haves a least one percent to raise. With a bit of patience and of course the needed meseta you can easily "bribe" the tekkers to give you a good result. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif

Fanta
Feb 14, 2005, 08:42 AM
Oh, I see...
So what is the best tekk??

I was told it was Black, but Shadow seems cool...

Lone_Wolf_Nasca
Feb 14, 2005, 09:30 AM
On 2005-02-14 05:42, Fanta wrote:
Oh, I see...
So what is the best tekk??

I was told it was Black, but Shadow seems cool...

Well it depends on what you want. For example, lets say you found a ???? Laser + 2 and you wish to tekk it to the max % possible , the % it has are the following:

Native: 0%
Altered Beast: 0%
Machine: 30 %
Dark: 30 %
Hit: 40 %

A tekker at his best could make the weapon be like this:

Machine: 40 %
Dark: 40 %
Hit: 50 %

A tekker could also give you a good tekk like this one (however this is not the best possible outcome):

Machine: 35 %
Dark: 35 %
Hit: 45 %

It is also possible for a Tekker not to raise your percent values at all, leaving you with the weapons original value.

Machine: 30 %
Dark: 30 %
Hit: 40 %

In the case the tekker would like to annoy you (which they will do often http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif ), it is possible that he might actually lower the percents in a weapon instead of raising it, here is an example of a bad tekk:

Machine: 25 %
Dark: 25 %
Hit: 35 %

and in the worst case scenario the tekker might give you this tekk :

Machine: 20 %
Dark: 20 %
Hit: 30 %

(Never let a tekker lower your percents like this in a Special Weapon or on a weapon with a good special such as charge, berzerk, geist or Hell to mention a few...)

Meaning Tekkers can add or substract an amount ranging from 5-10% to all the attributes that had at least a percent to raise or lower. Notice clearly that the Native and the Altered Beast attribute will not raise or diminish becuase they have no percents to begin with.

However another aspect that people often ignore about tekking is that it is possible to change the weapon's special strength to a higher level.

For example, let us say the ???? Laser+2 with the 0%/0%/30%/30%/40% mentioned at the beggining turned out to be a Dark Laser+ 2, with enough tekking it might change to Hell Laser+2 which is a higher potency that Dark, however the opposite is also possible and it might in fact change to a Shadow Laser+2 which is a weaker version of the Dark special, what I have often noticed while tekking is that the special often can be changed up to three different levels of potency.

There is one exception to this rule and it applies to "draining" specials (Charge, Spirit and Berzerk) if the weapon tekked turns out to be a Charge rifle, it will ALWAYS have that special no matter how many times you tekk it, it will never change to Spirit or Berzerk.

This is when tekking becomes tricky, you might want the ???? Laser+2 found earlier to be a Hell Laser+2 with the highest percents possible, this takes a lot of patience and meseta to do, becuase the game might decide to give you the best % tekk andd the worst special tekk like this:

Shadow Laser+2
Machine: 40 %
Dark: 40 %
Hit: 50 %

or it might decide to do the opposite:

Hell Laser+2
Machine: 20 %
Dark: 20 %
Hit: 30 %

Patience is key while tekking weapons.

On another note about tekking, the grind on a weapon can also be randomly increased or lowered, but this is not as important as percents or specials, since grinders are very easily found.

This should be more than enough to help you http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

Note: now that I look at this post I think I should have made this a guide instead o.O. Oh, well...

Fanta
Feb 14, 2005, 09:34 AM
That helps a LOT but even more helpful would be adding the order of best tekks

Like for worst to best;
Heat
Shadow
Dark

whatever, I dont know the order. Which may I add was my question...=)

Lone_Wolf_Nasca
Feb 14, 2005, 09:58 AM
On 2005-02-14 06:34, Fanta wrote:
That helps a LOT but even more helpful would be adding the order of best tekks

Like for worst to best;
Heat
Shadow
Dark

whatever, I dont know the order. Which may I add was my question...=)

Well, I thought I had covered that with the Shadow,Dark and Hell example >.> , but just to play it safe and you wish to know further about weapon special potency, here is the link to the guide. It should claer all your questions.

http://www.pso-world.com/sections.php?op=viewarticle&artid=326

Special on weapons are much, MUCH more effective if they have high hit %, you should keep this in mind.

Hope this helps. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

Hrith
Feb 14, 2005, 10:12 AM
you should find all your answers in the Weapon special attacks.xls file http://romain.bernardi.free.fr/pso/documents.rar

Fanta
Feb 14, 2005, 10:15 AM
Great...
Hell weapons are cool...
93% chance of instant death...=P

Thanks for that. That definitly answers my questions...

Sitka
Feb 14, 2005, 10:18 AM
I watched a player using a Hell weapon with high hit yesterday on some Tower runs - it was reasonably effective and fun when it did connect.

Many of us are constantly looking for that ???weapon with high hit, hoping it has a really nice special on it. When you find one, be very patient with the tekker until you get what you want. I have spent several hours over several days with different tekkers to get good teks.

As you level up, you'll see better weapons appearing in the shop and eventually find charge weapons with 50% hit. When you find them offering 50% charge vulcans - buy them!

Fanta
Feb 14, 2005, 10:23 AM
Sounds cool Sitka.

Another Question.
Charge/Spirit/Berserk drains Meseta/TP/HP but of who, the user or the victim??

Lone_Wolf_Nasca
Feb 14, 2005, 10:28 AM
On 2005-02-14 07:23, Fanta wrote:
Sounds cool Sitka.

Another Question.
Charge/Spirit/Berserk drains Meseta/TP/HP but of who, the user or the victim??

The user. They are extremely powerful weapons, but only really effective if they have high hit %. Also on a side note use Berzerk weapons with great care, it is possible to kill yourself by draining out your own health without noticing at time.

Fanta
Feb 14, 2005, 10:34 AM
So would that mean that the Musashi Special Power attack is a Beserk??

Since it drains your life but does about twice as much damage as a normal power hit...I use it alot to get rid of things like Slimes before they split...

Also, thats a bit crap about it being you...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Fanta on 2005-02-14 07:34 ]</font>

Lone_Wolf_Nasca
Feb 14, 2005, 10:43 AM
It is a balance issue I believe, the weapons themselves deal a heavy amount of damage with the special, so it is only fair to lose a good chunk of HP to deal massive damage. Also weapons that can target multiple enemies at a time should be used with even more care when using the Berzerk special, since (I think) the more enemies you hit with the special at a time the more HP it drains >.>

On a side note: Berzerk weapons are popular while playing online, since forces can easily heal up any big damage you might recieve while going crazy with the special http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif

Sitka
Feb 14, 2005, 10:49 AM
It's also true that the online force should be a good friend and comfortable with you using a HP-stealing special.

Dropping in on a game with a beserk weapon and constantly complaining about not getting resta fast enough is a sure way to piss off many online players.

A high level Ramarl with the ability to resta herself is a very good candidate for a beserk weapon.

Fanta
Feb 14, 2005, 10:51 AM
Ahh I see...So Berserk weapons are one of the most powerful...

So these speacial attacks only drain your HP when you use the 3rd attack option or what??

Sorry, if this seems repetative or boring...=P Im a n00b (in comparison to most)...

Androphonius
Feb 14, 2005, 10:52 AM
Thanks for all the help. I didn't want to tekk the first rare weapon that I've found, only to get jipped by the Tekker.

Turned out to be a Varista btw.

Hrith
Feb 14, 2005, 10:53 AM
Not, exactly.

Charge, Spirit and Berserk deal twice the damage of a hard attack at the cost of 200 mesetas, 1/5 of remaining TP, or 1/4 of remaining HP.

They are also more accurate with rarity, i.e. Berserk is more accurate than Spirit, and Spirit than Charge.

Berserk will never kill you, once your HP reaches 3, you will be able to use Berserk indefinitely, but almost anything will kill you in one hit, then >_>

Spirit will stop draining TP at 7 TP left (I think), but you will NOT be able to use Spirit after that (would be too cheap).

Charge will miss if you have less than 200 Meseta on you.

Also, I want to add that hit% is not vital on Berserk weapons, I have a dozen of S-Rank weapons with Berserk (they cannot have hit%), and they work really fine, on RAs better than on HUs, of course, but my Berserk S-Rank Partisan is deadly on my HUnewearl.

Hit% is more crucial on Charge/Spirit/Berserk weapons with low ATA, like Mechguns, yeah.

Lone_Wolf_Nasca
Feb 14, 2005, 10:58 AM
Berserk will never kill you, once your HP reaches 3, you will be able to use Berserk indefinitely, but almost anything will kill you in one hit, then >_>

Hmm, I don't use Berzerk weapons much, but I do seem to recall that they kill you if you go too crazy with them http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif. I hate to doubt you Kef, but are you really sure about this ? http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif

Fanta
Feb 14, 2005, 10:58 AM
Cool, I had a Varista.
My mate took it on multi =(

We found it in a box on Hard Forest. =)

Hrith
Feb 14, 2005, 11:03 AM
100% sure, I am a Berserk fan, and am known for this http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

Fanta
Feb 14, 2005, 11:05 AM
So a good wep combo would be Spirit until no TP then Geist so you get it back...

I always have 3 weps on me. A combat Wep (Musashi atm) and group wep (against multiple enemies, Breaker atm) and a Ranged wep (railgun atm)

Lone_Wolf_Nasca
Feb 14, 2005, 11:15 AM
Well a spirit and geist combo could work well, but difluids are not that expensive (500 meseta), so it would be more effective to just use one difluid and keep hammering with the special vs. switching from the spirit weapon to geist capable one and then back to the spirit one. Of course having a geist weapon would be good idea in case you run out of Difluids to heal the needed TP.

Fanta
Feb 14, 2005, 11:22 AM
Just have to find them types of weps now...
I often use just Monofluids. It fills my TP up enough to use Resta a couple of times.

I dnt really use Difliuds, I only use them if I find them as it wastes money really. I pipe out after every level anyway (finish cave 1 pipe out before start cave 2 and same for cave 3 then boss...)

I used to use Difluids for my MAG (Bhirava), but I have the mind up to what I want now (40)...
My mag will end up 30/100/30/40 but is currently 28/47/30/40

So to conclude, I hardly ever die (although I do a LOT still) because I use monomates, dimates AND resta which my friends cant use because they are androids...=) I heal them a lot...

Hrith
Feb 14, 2005, 11:26 AM
Actually, Fanta's suggestion works quite well.

I sometimes do it (Red Dagger and Flowen's Sword 3084), and it's very effective, especially since 10 Difluids won't last a whole area, and you might need TP for other stuff, too.

But then again, Berserk, Resta, Berserk, Resta is the best you can get.

Fanta
Feb 14, 2005, 11:32 AM
Either way works fine for me.
I am just going to enjoy searching for decent weps that have them on...

I can and do use resta a LOT!!
Damn it saves my ass all the time.

I dont think using Berserk will effect me that much since I always keep a close eye on my HP/TP bar.