PDA

View Full Version : Playing game alone or w/friends?

SRgoal26
Feb 14, 2005, 09:49 PM
Ive been wondering what people think is better on offline mode. Would you rather play with a friend or 3 or just by yourself And wat your favorite class is.

I perosnally love to play with my friends. We either play normal and try to find rares, But we also see whos better in battle mode. I usualy get smashed on http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif
I also like to be a Andriod hunter because i like to just hack my way through enemies.

Ufgatorbait
Feb 14, 2005, 10:57 PM
I usually would like to play with a friend but sometimes when I am hunting for rares I like to go alone. We both have been hunting for a Chain Sawd but we don't do that together because if we got one one of us would be pissed!

My favorite class is a tie between HUneweral and RAcast.

And first post by me!!

Eihwaz
Feb 14, 2005, 11:18 PM
Playing with a friend can be really awesome. Some of my very best memories from PSO GC are playing offline multimode with one other friend.

Trying it with more than one other friend isn't fun, IMO. The screens get too small. But yeah, having a good friend to play with is great. You could even try Cmode. XD

shinobu_seta
Feb 14, 2005, 11:49 PM
Multi player mode is really fun! There are a lot of people that play offline in my area (which aren't online for some reason or another)

We usually get together every other weekend or so to have an offline multiplayer party. My most fondest memory of that was when we had two teams of 4 on 2 gamecubes, all in the same room, racing from forest to ruins.

We've yet to do Temple to Seabed, most of the time we usually just do random stage runs. I'm happy that I'll probably still have lots of people to play with even when the Gamecube servers go down ^_^

Sharkyland
Feb 15, 2005, 12:14 AM
Multiplayer is fun, but mostly I'm doing weird things that nobody wants to do.

Gee, I think HUnewearl is my favorite class. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

J3553
Feb 15, 2005, 01:06 AM
On 2005-02-14 21:14, Sharkyland wrote:
Gee, I think HUnewearl is my favorite class. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif Really?

Yes multiplayer mode can be very fun. Many fond memories of me and two pals enjoying a "PSO run" (Forest-Ruins then Temple-Seabed). Much Coke, much PSO, much fun. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_yes.gif

EJ
Feb 15, 2005, 01:09 AM
On 2005-02-14 21:14, Sharkyland wrote:
Multiplayer is fun, but mostly I'm doing weird things that nobody wants to do.

I haven't notice. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

Yes, multiplayer is fun with a friends around but it been awhile since I had a few friends around to have a PSO all nighter.

Mits
Feb 15, 2005, 01:31 AM
i like playing it with my friends, but sence i've moved i havn't played with it with them for a while. Plus its taken a big tole on my lvling http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif. gone from haveing up to 5-10 lvls per week to maybe getting 3 :/

Graptakular83
Feb 15, 2005, 04:09 AM
Offline PSO...now THAT was a trip. I have two brothers to play with (and now I got my cousin to be our fourth...offline c-mode at last!!) and before that, my old roomate and I would play in between studying. Too bad theres like no neighbors n such to play with.

I enjoy offline solo play as well, since I can take my time tekking and organizing n such, but multi is a blast as well. That and I cant play multi on my lil tv, screens too small (insert squinty eyes).

Funny offline moment:
Once durring a VH ruins run, after killing a large groups of enemies, a red box popped up. We raced to grab it, only to have my roomate pull out my wavebird plug (I was across the room and couldnt stop him). I ran up, knocked him off his chair, and pulled his plug. After 5 mins of verbal abuse and multiple sudden death "paper, scissor, rock" matches, it ended up being only a photon drop.....i didnt get it either. Its ok, I stole his mag after he moved out anyways...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Graptakular83 on 2005-02-15 01:15 ]</font>

sviatgabor
Feb 15, 2005, 04:10 AM
Offline only on DC. I want to play online though...

Fanta
Feb 15, 2005, 05:16 AM
Alone. When I play multiplayer we always end up arguing over a wep or something, but it can be fun.

Playing on multiplayer I found a few ?SPECIAL WEAPONS (Photon Launcher, Musashi, Varista, Vjaya amongst others)

But other players are to hasty and waste everything that have over the rares.
EXAMPLE: Photon Blaster, you get after killing Vol Opts on Hard. A RAcast (player is mental, uses it for melee and other crap) wanted it and gave me Buster +30 and almost everything else he had just for this gun which he could wait about an hour and go get it himself, but since I couldnt use it, I was up for the trade...=) (Ripped him off good style, the B@st@rd)

Nai_Calus
Feb 15, 2005, 08:29 AM
Offline? Alone. The only people I ever had to play with there were such incompetent fuckwits I really DID end up bitchslapping them every time we played. ~_~

Fanta
Feb 15, 2005, 08:34 AM
Saves arguements and when I see them I can gloat.
I hardly ever get to play alone though. Plus, I will be getting it online soon anyway...=)

Notos
Feb 15, 2005, 09:30 AM
PSO, like any other online game, is a glorified chat program. Playing alone is like chatting with yourself, which doesn't really work. The only reason to play offline is to set up for online play.

Offline multiplayer is fun, but the small screen does cause a problem. You can't see the sky or ground while fighting the dragon. You lose sight of it and the next thing you know, you found the dragon because its gigantic arse covers your entire screen. I just hope it doesn't poop on me. -_-;

RadiantLegend
Feb 15, 2005, 11:05 AM
Offline multi was fun but it sucks when you had to teach them everything and make them catch up. -_-

Neith
Feb 16, 2005, 04:01 PM
Offline multiplayer can be a good laugh, but I dont like doin Skyly Cave/Central Control, incase somethin nice drops, just to make sure I can claim it http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif Pretty funny doing Ult Seabed when you're underleveled, getting pwned by everything. Pure class. As for my favourite class... my HUcaseal looks uber-hard, but my HUney is a helluva lot easier to play as, so I think HUnewearl gets my vote. Never really liked RA's, and never had a hugh enough level FO to judge (they always corrupt -_-')

tunghook
Feb 16, 2005, 05:51 PM
I'm doing the offline multi mode with my son He's only 6 so I have to do most of the work.

I'm a HUcast right now, but I think I'm going to make a RAmarl. I just like Rangers.

Fanta
Feb 16, 2005, 05:55 PM
On 2005-02-16 14:51, tunghook wrote:
I'm doing the offline multi mode with my son He's only 6 so I have to do most of the work.

I'm a HUcast right now, but I think I'm going to make a RAmarl. I just like Rangers.

Welcome to PSOW tunghook. To be honest, I dont really like RAs anymore, I used to have a RAmar, but that was on my mates memory card so I deleted it after creating my HUmar. I like (??)mar characters as they are powerful and can use spells...=)

Hope your son grows to be a great PSO Player. =)

Foforlife
Feb 25, 2005, 12:31 PM
Offline multiplayer I feel is much better than online (because I have gotten fsod'd twice in the same night) and you can hang out with your friends.

Foforlife
Feb 25, 2005, 12:32 PM
Offline multiplayer I feel is much better than online (because I have gotten fsod'd twice in the same night) and you can hang out with your friends.

Zelgadis
Feb 25, 2005, 04:25 PM
I'd have to say Multi. There are alot of moments...that can be pretty funny.

Saigan- Zel. Watch out for*Zel dies*the bringer...

Saigan- Zel. Watch out*zel dies* For the ob lily....

Zel- Hey Saigan, I think that*Saigan dies* Grans sorc was going to megid you....

(C-mode)
X- Boy there sure are alot*dies*
Zel- Hmm...Nano Dragons

Zel- X...watch*X dies* for the falling dragon.

And etc...I've got plenty of moments where stupidy has hit me, and I've died doing some of the craziest ways...thanks to some of my friends....but it's best when they're over or they're able to see some of the stuff....it just makes things better.

Calx
Feb 25, 2005, 11:54 PM
I prefer offline single. There's something very relaxing and enjoyable about just being able to take your own time with everything you do, take in the sights, listen to the music, feed your mag properly etc. Furthermore, the 2-player splitscreen makes my eyes burn. I suppose 4-player split would work better seeing as how the proportions would at least be the same as in single, but ... meh. When I want to play multi I'd rather just go online.

J3553
Feb 26, 2005, 12:50 AM
Best of both worlds, two TVs, two GameCubes, playing online in the same room. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Fefnir
Feb 26, 2005, 03:32 AM
Offline, 4-player multiplayer seems to be the most entertaining if you're friends know how to be generous and all... And then you also need a big TV. Otherwise, you can't see s***.

Calx
Feb 26, 2005, 09:10 AM
On 2005-02-25 21:50, J3553 wrote:
Best of both worlds, two TVs, two GameCubes, playing online in the same room. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

That would make me happy too.

Seval
Feb 26, 2005, 10:24 AM
I wish that someone I knew could play multi with me, according to yous all it's mucho fun. But they're all too low of level... things that are tough for them are a sinch for any of my chars., and it seems I take all the exp before they can whack the enemy...

Hrigg
Feb 26, 2005, 11:38 AM
Multimode. It just makes it more fun playing with more people other than yourself.

KveerRaven
Feb 28, 2005, 09:09 AM
I personally love playing on my own. It allows me to see if I REALLY have what it takes to go through Ult. Ruins. But I do love to play with my fiance and my roomate as well. I dunno, either way I guess, but I'd rather play single.

Bit
Feb 28, 2005, 11:43 AM
Just took a look at the game again, decided its way more fun to play with a friend http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

XenOmega
Feb 28, 2005, 11:54 AM
I prefer Playing alone. I might like multi better online though ( can't wait )

Ice_ryu
Mar 2, 2005, 02:42 PM
My first experience playing PSO was I bought the game with my friend then went home and three of us started the game at level 1 playing. We created our characters and none of us knowing how to play, found the portol to Ragul and went down to killl. We got beat up by the monsters and chased all the way back to poineer 2 scared to death. Only my friend lived. My other freind saved him by warping us back to Pioneer 2. At this point we instantly loved the game. No doubt playing with friends is the best.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ice_ryu on 2005-03-02 11:44 ]</font>

KrazyKone12
Mar 4, 2005, 08:02 AM
Offline multi is actually alot of fun especially when your playing 4 players. I do that because I don't have online, one downside is no really good rares pop up.

Ice_ryu
Mar 4, 2005, 08:42 AM
Actually this is not true. I have found many good rares playing multiplayer offline. Jusy have a different player other than you be first.

Akulamenuri
Mar 4, 2005, 04:19 PM
The only time that I will go offline to play is when im doing a quest in which the drops are alot easier to find offline rather than online. Im offline if there isnt anyone online (Sometimes I get the urge to play at 3 in the morning and no one is on).

Well thats it

Zeraliki
Mar 4, 2005, 06:27 PM
I usually play offline single player, but on the weekends I play multiplayer with my cousins. It's quite fun playing with them, but since my youngest cousin doesn't play the game that often, his characters are always at a low level and he gets killed all the time. Because of that, we often play challenge mode, hoping that we'll eventually manage to cooperate long enough to finish.