PDA

View Full Version : Success stories in gaming

AUTO_
Feb 15, 2005, 03:27 AM
Well, I finally got around to beating Socom 2 offline on Admiral to unlock all of the online character skins, and I'm feelin' pretty good (not really, I'm actually sick right now).

You guys have any gaming success stories you care to share?

Shattered_weasel
Feb 15, 2005, 08:37 AM
When the Half-Life 2 demo was done downloading I felt like I had accomplished something grand.

No really...that thing would not go fast at all.

KveerRaven
Feb 15, 2005, 03:55 PM
I finally completed ALL side quests for Summoner for the PS2, not the sequel. For anyone who knows and understands why this is such an acomplishment, and for those who don't:

Almost all the side quests take skill, patience, and a hole lot of waiting. Some of them can't be done until you get certain items first, until you progess to a certain point, find the item to be searched for before talking to the owner of such an item, or just blind luck. They're hard, but ultimately, the only real easy way to level up fast enough in the game.

Another game acomplishment is getting to Legendary Dark Knight mode on Devil May Cry. Hard shit to do, and I only know a few people who have done it without cheats or a gameshark.

Last, and certainly not least:

Completing almost all of the quests/jobs on Morrowind: The Elder Scrolls 3. Anyone who has played this know that certain quests are n ot completable depending on the choices you make, factions you join, methods of dealing with people or jobs. For instance, there a job from a faction that requires you to kill a human with Corpus disease at the corpus hospital thing and take a piece of corpus flesh. Well, once you do that, you can't complete the main quest for the main storyline.

So there it is, expect more from me later (How does one, such as I, who work 40 hours a week, a few hours on saturdays, and generally doesn't get home from work until about 9pm manage to play and complete so many game, not even I know!)

Sayara
Feb 15, 2005, 05:04 PM
I eh beat Level 8-3 in Super Mario Brothers Lost Levels?

<.< Thats pretty friggen hard you know!

Outrider
Feb 15, 2005, 05:28 PM
Err... beat the original Star Fox without any team members getting injured?

Let's see, a real accomplishment...

Eh, I'll be back.

pixelate
Feb 15, 2005, 05:59 PM
I beat Michael Jackson's Moonwalker on Sega Genesis. That's about it.

Hrigg
Feb 15, 2005, 06:03 PM
I beat Halo 1 and 2 on Legendary, I beat Super Mario World 1 while only dying twice...

BOC
Feb 15, 2005, 06:30 PM
i beat time crisis 2 in the arcade using only 2 credits. I'm sure some young dude is gonna post after me and say 'ha i did it in one with 1 credit and losing no lifes and 99% accuracy' but fuck you buddy, 2 credits felt like an achievement to me!

beating the final boss in otogi. Now that was a hard motherfucker!

Beating the final boss in gun valkyrie - now that was an even harder motherfucker!

getting as far as the first arbiter level in halo 2 on legendary after drinking 12 cans of carlsberg, while playing co-op with somebody who could barely make out the screen because he was that drunk. fair enough took us like 5 hours, but impressive none the less, considering that clampit kept dying and/or mistaking my screen for his.

completing soul calibur 1&2's weapon master mode and unlocking everything! Now i can breeze through the hardest setting using mitsurigi, sophitia and/or seung mina. Which kinda sucks too, considering it isn't challenging anymore http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif. Oh and utterly destroying my friend who always uses astraroth so badly he refuses to play against me now. And he was a master! But that sucks too, as anyone worth playing doesn't want to play me cause they think they don't stand a chance! which they could. If they bothered to try.

Using the same pso character for 2 entire years, without using 1 hack cheat and refusing to accept hacked goods during a time when even my closest buddies seemed to be using gamesharks. That character still resides in my dc memory card today!

PEACE!!!

KodiaX987
Feb 15, 2005, 06:32 PM
I beat Wanted for Sega Genesis. Toughest final boss I've ever had to beat.

Also, my mother once managed to get up to the staggering Level 120 at Columns. The jewels fell so hard by then, she held the Drop button as it made 'em go slower!

AUTO_
Feb 15, 2005, 06:44 PM
On 2005-02-15 14:59, pixelate wrote:
I beat Michael Jackson's Moonwalker on Sega Genesis. That's about it.

You sir, are a pioneer.

Daikarin
Feb 15, 2005, 08:09 PM
I once finished Gunstar Heroes on the hardest difficulty level, in single player.

Up until then, I needed the help of my brother to reach the final bosses and hope to beat Golden Silver.

Can't remember if it was tough, of if it was challenging, all I know now is that I can't beat the first boss on Normal, now.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Even_Jin on 2005-02-15 17:17 ]</font>

EphekZ
Feb 15, 2005, 08:14 PM
i uh 100%'d almost every game I have?

geewj
Feb 15, 2005, 08:56 PM
I can beat Link to the past in about 5 hours (as I recall). Not an intended speed run or anything. Just happened to turn out that way when I got it for the GBA.

Three
Feb 15, 2005, 09:03 PM
I'm no real gaming genius, but I am pretty pro at Clu Clu Land. I have the highest score of anyone I've ever met... And out of everyone I've met, only three have even HEARD of Clu Clu Land.

But I'm pro at Bubble Bobble too. :3
Got to level 60-something before I died.

AUTO_
Feb 15, 2005, 09:22 PM
Unlocked all the single player cheats in Goldeneye in elementary.

KodiaX987
Feb 15, 2005, 09:37 PM
Here's a good one for your reflexes.

I can go through Emerald Hill Zone in Sonic The Hedgehog 2 in exactly 27 seconds.

PJ
Feb 15, 2005, 09:56 PM
On 2005-02-15 18:37, KodiaX987 wrote:
Here's a good one for your reflexes.

I can go through Emerald Hill Zone in Sonic The Hedgehog 2 in exactly 27 seconds.

That's something my brothers continuesly do.

I think the time is 23-25 seconds.

Blue-Hawk
Feb 16, 2005, 09:16 AM
Completing the room of Terminators in Might and Magic 3. If anyone has played that game and seen this room, you will know what I mean. >_<
Wall to wall Terminators. Enemies that not only kill your characters in one hit, they can eradicate them AND break all their weapon s and armor equipped. >_<
And all for a stupid little congratulatory message.

Garm
Feb 16, 2005, 12:50 PM
I've never truly totally finished an entire game... not even Pac-Man or Mario http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif I lub RPGs who are unfinish-able IMO

Solstis
Feb 16, 2005, 01:08 PM
Got stuck in a wall. Mario Bros. World 1-2.

Uh... knew (probably still know) the location of *every* enemy/artillery strike/boss pattern of Contra. Still cannae beat it without cheating.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Solstis on 2005-02-16 10:11 ]</font>

Three
Feb 16, 2005, 07:56 PM
On 2005-02-16 09:50, Garm wrote:
I've never truly totally finished an entire game... not even Pac-Man or Mario http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif I lub RPGs who are unfinish-able IMO

Lol, I'm about the same way--I rarely finish games. Sometimes I just like to not know what's going to happen in the end. I finished Wind Waker the other day, and I rather un-liked the ending. Can't say it'll ever make me play the game again.