PDA

View Full Version : MST Req. Mess Up

HUcastShinobi
Feb 16, 2005, 08:57 PM
I was short 9 MST of using my Club of Laconium, and i then gave my FOneweal a better wand, and it was equippable, and i was like "WTF?!" and every time i use an item, it de-equips itself and i have to use that purple-level wand then equip the Club of Laconium... Why does the wands count towards Permenant as an oppose to "applied by an item/armor/barrier/unit" ?

Zeroy
Feb 16, 2005, 09:28 PM
I think it's just a glitch. Usefull for learning spells when your barely below the requirement.

Mixfortune
Feb 16, 2005, 10:03 PM
It's because your MST no longer meets the requirement.

Club of Laconium requires 470 MST, and you're 9 short.
So you have 371 without the wand type.

Let's say the wand type is +10 MST, so you have 471 MST, meeting the requirements.

Well, when you equip the Club of Laconium, your MST no longer meets the requirements, since it's back to 371.

In the end it really doesn't matter too much, since you should be able to equip it just fine in a level or two, and later on you won't run into this problem so much, since your MST would be high enough to wear all MST required items you can use once you reach a certain point.

Fanta
Feb 17, 2005, 05:36 AM
Barely being able to use stuff. Ooooppps, when I am not high enough MST I see if my mats MAG will let me use it and it has worked for quick a while...=)

His MAG is a higher lvl than mine with 60+ Mind stats, we are both hunters (Im a HUmar, Hes a HUcast - but gives his mag to his lvl 15 FOmar)btw...

I am lvl 43 with a level 151 mag (40 mind) and cant use some speel but his mag has let me. =)

DezoPenguin
Feb 17, 2005, 04:14 PM
On 2005-02-16 17:57, HUcastShinobi wrote:
I was short 9 MST of using my Club of Laconium, and i then gave my FOneweal a better wand, and it was equippable, and i was like "WTF?!" and every time i use an item, it de-equips itself and i have to use that purple-level wand then equip the Club of Laconium... Why does the wands count towards Permenant as an oppose to "applied by an item/armor/barrier/unit" ?

Actually, statistics applied by a unit also go towards the base stats, not the added totals. And, as already stated, the MST boosts are useful on the base stats because it helps you to learn techniques that much faster. Come to think of it, that applies to MST boosts generally (eg. Akiko's Frying Pan, Durandal), not just the Force weapons.

HUcastShinobi
Feb 17, 2005, 05:42 PM
Club is 430 MST Requirement man http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Fanta
Feb 19, 2005, 12:01 PM
Just gotta keep leveling up and finding mind mats...=)

Mixfortune
Feb 20, 2005, 01:46 AM
On 2005-02-17 14:42, HUcastShinobi wrote:
Club is 430 MST Requirement man http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Yeah, that wasn't the only mistake I made either.
The page I used probably kept DC stats or something.
Either way, same basic concept. That's unchanged.