PDA

View Full Version : "GO RIGHT! GO RIGHT!"

TheOneHero
Feb 17, 2005, 09:21 PM
So, another day driver trying to get my license again because of the laws here in Michigan.

We came up to a part in the road with a sign to the left reading:

Right lane ends, merge left.

I flip on the turning signal and began to head left. The instructor starts yell, "DO YOU SEE THE SIGN! IT SAYS MERGE RIGHT! GO RIGHT! GO RIGHT!"

I take a quick glance at the sign once again. It reads:

Right lane ends, merge left.

I look up ahead and see the lane ending, cars behind are getting mad since I'm in the middle of the road. =/

"It says merge left."

"It says merge right! GO RIGHT!"

"No, it says merge left."

"GO RIGHT!"

I go right, just to show the idiot what the fuck he is saying.

"What the hell are you doing!? We're going off the road!"

"But you said go right!"

"I said go left! LEFT!"

Later that day...

Driving on the freeway, pulling speeds of 75 m.p.h.

5 lanes, I'm in the second from the left. I have one of those "gray hound" busses coming up alongside my left. (idiot, wrong lane. >_<) And A semi coming alongside by right.

Both vehicles in the wrong lane, both going faster then what they are supposed too.

My instructor is sceaming, saying to speed up.

"I can't. I'm already at the maximum."

"DO IT! WE NEED TO PASS THEM!"

"I can't let them influence my driving. I'm going to keep at this speed until they get by. Which should be soon considering how fast they are going."

(bus and semi are pulling 80+ now)

"SPEED UP!"

"NO!"

The teacher GRABS the fucking steering wheel, and JERKS IT. When we are going 75 MILES PER HOUR! You all realize how fucking stupid that is right? Good.

Now he jerks the wheel to the right. (just after the semi had passed us.) And starts swearing at the other drivers. =/

We were blessed not to have gotten into an accident. -_- Especially with several other idiots on the road. Including the one seating to the right of me.

My instructor is the best damn one in the world.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: TheOneHero on 2005-02-17 18:27 ]</font>

Nai_Calus
Feb 17, 2005, 09:27 PM
Ah, so this explains why I can drive and nobody else can. Nobody ever really taught me. >_>;

Zarode
Feb 17, 2005, 09:58 PM
That's scary...glad you are okay, man that would suck. An accident at that speed would kill or put you in a position you wouldn't want to be in.

Nai_Calus
Feb 17, 2005, 10:07 PM
Indeed. Though, I think I'd rather be dead if it came to it. Whoohoo, unable to move or speak or really do anything for the rest of my life, living on a feeding tube and a ventilator in some shitty hospital room because it's 'inhumane' to kill me!

We put our pets down if they're miserable, why not humans? http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_disapprove.gif But, uh, that's another rant.

Eihwaz
Feb 17, 2005, 10:34 PM
Dude, your driving instructor is both insane and fucking stupid. You should file a complaint, and/or get a new one.

Or just quit. Your life is more important than being able to legally drive. >_>

PJ
Feb 17, 2005, 11:52 PM
Since I've gotten my Learner's Permit, I've driven exactly once.

In the church parking lot.

I bet I drive better than that instructor http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

TheOneHero
Feb 18, 2005, 09:27 AM
On 2005-02-17 19:34, Eihwaz wrote:
Dude, your driving instructor is both insane and fucking stupid. You should file a complaint, and/or get a new one.

Or just quit. Your life is more important than being able to legally drive. >_>

I can't get a new one. >_> Already tried.
And I can't quit. That'd be 400 bucks down the drain. Non-refundable was what we were told when we signed up. u.u Luckily, I only have one more hour to drive with the intstructor.

Back in Inidiana I was pretty much self taught, got my license there then movied to Michigan. Because I wasn't 18my license was taken away and I had to start all over with an actually class. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_disapprove.gif

PJ- Most likely. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

SJ
Feb 18, 2005, 12:22 PM
OK, your posts are getting stupider.
HOW THE FUCK DO YOU LIVE IN YOUR SHITTY TOWN?!?!?!
Wern't there other people in the car to correct the moron?
Why dont you tape one of your drives with him, then tell someone about it, that guy isn't safe.

PJ
Feb 18, 2005, 03:37 PM
On 2005-02-18 09:22, SJ wrote:

HOW THE FUCK DO YOU LIVE IN YOUR SHITTY TOWN?!?!?!

He's a kid you realise, how do you figure he move?

PhotonDrop
Feb 18, 2005, 03:46 PM
ToH, my best advice to you is, if you know what to do, do it. Who knows, maybe he's doing this for your test? o:

Wyndham
Feb 18, 2005, 04:53 PM
This is why I never want to drive.
but if you want to, i suggest you complain.
a lot.

derBauer
Feb 18, 2005, 05:33 PM
I'll tell you the seret of good driving is "no cop, no stop".

Hrigg
Feb 20, 2005, 11:20 AM
On 2005-02-17 19:34, Eihwaz wrote:

I could ot say it better.

Man that guy is crazy and stupid. How did you get stuck with such an idiot?

Fefnir
Feb 20, 2005, 05:05 PM
Kinda ironic that the instructor is doing the complete opposite that he should be doing... Looks like you should be teaching him, not the other way around. Who the hell is stupid enough to even give him the job...?

TheOneHero
Feb 20, 2005, 11:18 PM
On 2005-02-20 14:05, Fefnir wrote:
Who the hell is stupid enough to even give him the job...?

Someone who lives in Michigan. u.u;

The people here are idiots.

HUcastShinobi
Feb 20, 2005, 11:23 PM
lol, Connecticut isnt any better my friend, just no better... its like people have NO common sense... i want a license or a job, cause i now want $ for DDR http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Ketchup345
Feb 27, 2005, 12:59 PM
On 2005-02-20 20:23, HUcastShinobi wrote:
lol, Connecticut isnt any better my friend, just no better... its like people have NO common sense... i want a license or a job, cause i now want $ for DDR http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

CT is slightly better than what I've read from TOH and Link.

Drivers generally aren't too bad here, except for bad weather and full moons.

TOH- Aren't there police in Michigan? Have you tried to file a complaint of some sort?

Anyways, good luck with the last hour. And the driver's test should be easy, you've already passed one.

Your instructer isn't the one who gives the test is it? It is given by DOT people, right?

Edit: Just realized this was a week old. x.x
Have you had the last "lesson" and test yet? How did it go.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ketchup345 on 2005-02-27 10:06 ]</font>

TheOneHero
Feb 27, 2005, 02:04 PM
On 2005-02-27 09:59, Ketchup345 wrote:

TOH- Aren't there police in Michigan? Have you tried to file a complaint of some sort?

Yes, but they don't do a damn thing. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_disapprove.gif

One time: Driving home with my mom when some trucker was weaving in and out of lanes passsing everyone. Running red lights etc. etc. We called the cops and told them to see if they can do anything about it. Their response:

"Sorry, there is nothing we can do. We didn't whitness it."

Your instructer isn't the one who gives the test is it? It is given by DOT people, right?

Edit: Just realized this was a week old. x.x
Have you had the last "lesson" and test yet? How did it go.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ketchup345 on 2005-02-27 10:06 ]</font>

Instructor gave the 'written test' (funny thing, their was no writing involved.) http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif And I passed that one.

I have my level 1 license now, I go back for segment 2 in 6 months for level 2 license and the on road test. Once I turn 18 I get my level 3 license. (Like I had in Indiana.)

Daikarin
Feb 27, 2005, 04:27 PM
I don't know about there, but over here an instructor takes full responsibility for what could or not happen in terms of accidents.

Your instructor sounds like an old geezer throwing off tantrum. You could record the lessons on sound, would give you a few laughs some years from now...

Garm
Feb 28, 2005, 12:41 PM
Learn to fly... And who tought that instructor to drive >.>"

KodiaX987
Feb 28, 2005, 12:57 PM
On 2005-02-28 09:41, Garm wrote:
Learn to fly...

Good luck. I've done it, and it sure ain't easy.