PDA

View Full Version : GC: whats the difference between pso ep 1&2 and the plus ver

DarkEyesx
Feb 17, 2005, 11:32 PM
now as we notice to some people who own a gc and bought the gc version of pso ep 1 and 2, and are unsure why it says plus while their friends copy doesnt say that, i am cluesless on whats the difference to both copies, the both seem the same, nothing different since i own the orginal ep 1&2 for the gamecube and came across to buying the plus version, is it for people who are late to pso, because there is an xbox version out there with voice chat, and could someone explain to me how can someone like i obtain the pc version, where do they sell it?

Saiffy
Feb 17, 2005, 11:33 PM
http://www.pso-world.com/psoplus.php

derBauer
Feb 17, 2005, 11:33 PM
One thing I know is that yuo can do offline tower runs with +. I would enjoy that.

TheOneHero
Feb 18, 2005, 09:22 AM
http://www.pso-world.com/viewtopic.php?topic=93514&forum=1&24

shinobu_seta
Feb 18, 2005, 10:01 AM
The only differences in the two games are that a lot of the online quests have been made offline, like the Tower runs that they mentioned before.

They've also changed the way the game saves when you enter a room to attempt to prevent corruption. Also if you're the leader of a team, the drop rates may be affected if someone is cheating (I think)

Essentially though, PSO plus was made for people that are unable to get online and would still like to enjoy the new quests, and for those that missed the initial release. Sega just wanted to get PSO back out on the shelves again.

So if you already own PSO, there's no point at all in getting this new version, just treat it as a rerelease. See the posted threads above for more details.

DezoPenguin
Feb 18, 2005, 11:03 AM
On 2005-02-18 07:01, shinobu_seta wrote:
Essentially though, PSO plus was made for people that are unable to get online and would still like to enjoy the new quests, and for those that missed the initial release. Sega just wanted to get PSO back out on the shelves again.

So if you already own PSO, there's no point at all in getting this new version, just treat it as a rerelease. See the posted threads above for more details.

Unless, as you pointed out, you're an offliner like me. ^_^ Bring on those towers!

SJ
Feb 18, 2005, 11:16 AM
There are a few points, for one you can force some friends to do offline challenge mode ep2 and get the rings.

Soja-Soulcrusher
Feb 18, 2005, 11:19 AM
You could also beg them and get non-responsive "mehs." It sucks to be the only one of four siblings interested in C-mode.

Tycho
Feb 18, 2005, 11:38 AM
PSO Plus has Green Ring. ;-;
I want that. But at least PAL has the okay graphics.. :