PDA

View Full Version : You have bad taste in music

AUTO_
Feb 18, 2005, 09:30 PM
He said it, not me. (http://www.youhavebadtasteinmusic.com)

Worth a good chuckle for some, a nice awakening for others.

Jehosaphaty
Feb 18, 2005, 11:21 PM
do you sleep with 12 yr. olds? then why do you listen to their music? aah haha, good for a laugh.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Jehosaphaty on 2005-02-20 19:32 ]</font>

astuarlen
Feb 18, 2005, 11:31 PM
Aww... such negativity. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_nono.gif
How about "You Have Good Taste in Music"?

http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

FIDELCASTRO
Feb 18, 2005, 11:39 PM
those artists are all so bad...especially linkin park...yuck.

AUTO_
Feb 19, 2005, 12:59 PM
The Hoobastank video gave me the biggest chuckle.

Solstis
Feb 19, 2005, 01:08 PM
What are his tastes in music?

http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif

Oh wait, he doesn't have any. Not to mention that his ego is killing me.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Solstis on 2005-02-19 10:09 ]</font>

AUTO_
Feb 19, 2005, 01:31 PM
I think having good taste in music goes hand in hand with recognizing bad music.

Unless that offends you.

Neith
Feb 19, 2005, 01:42 PM
Nothin wrong with Linkin Park, aside from their collabaration with Jay-Z, that album sucks IMO. I dont mean to stir up anything here, but its a little unfair to criticise other ppl's tastes in music, whether they like rap, dance, house, death metal, whatever. One person's pride is another person's trash. I'm not a fan of dance personally, but I dont go round telling ppl that dance sucks. Each to their own.

Hrigg
Feb 19, 2005, 02:45 PM
*laughs* I don't care much for any of those artists, but Ruben Studdard makes me shudder... *shudders*

AYY-BEE-CEE
Feb 20, 2005, 07:07 AM
I heard one Linkin Park song and thought it was shit as it consisted of a crap riff played on a piano and the singer singing the same tune as the guitar, with the chordal guitar thingy matching as well. Add to the fact that the only people who like it are younger teenagers who wear black jumpers and baggy jeans as some sort of fashion. Just as bad as chavs. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Mind you, the cult seems to have died down a bit, not so many 'moshers' (I think the term is) as there was a couple of years ago.

Neith
Feb 20, 2005, 11:30 AM
Yes the term is mosher. As for it being a cult, there are nowhere near as many moshers/goths as there are chavs/charvers/townies. At least moshers dont steal your car, or brick your windows. The Linkin Park songs vary loads, there are some shit ones, like Nobody's Listening and some others, but other songs are guitar riffs thoughout with good vocals. You cant judge them by one song.

Outrider
Feb 20, 2005, 02:19 PM
On 2005-02-20 08:30, UrikoBB3 wrote:
Yes the term is mosher. As for it being a cult, there are nowhere near as many moshers/goths as there are chavs/charvers/townies. At least moshers dont steal your car, or brick your windows. The Linkin Park songs vary loads, there are some shit ones, like Nobody's Listening and some others, but other songs are guitar riffs thoughout with good vocals. You cant judge them by one song.

Well, I prefer it when bands write all their own music (particularly rock bands... I guess it's not as important for pop stars) and have instrumentation that isn't so overproduced that they're forced to play recordings at shows and simply sing to it.

Only heard the second statement from one source, but I've heard the song-writing issue several times.

But mostly, I'm not a fan of their music because it just doesn't do anything for me.

Sagasu
Feb 20, 2005, 02:24 PM
Funny.

Though I still will listen to linkin park when I want to, and theres no anti emo slang that can stop me! http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Outrider
Feb 20, 2005, 03:32 PM
On 2005-02-20 11:24, Sagasu wrote:
Funny.

Though I still will listen to linkin park when I want to, and theres no anti emo slang that can stop me! http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Since when was Linkin Park emo?

I'm telling you, mainstream is ruining the definitions of certain genres...

Linkin Park is punk, primarily, and that's that.

Eihwaz
Feb 20, 2005, 03:35 PM
For the record, I only have one Linkin Park song, and it's a remix, at that. Riff Raff. And it's pretty good. >_>

Neith
Feb 20, 2005, 03:36 PM
Linkin Park isnt emo or punk afaik, it's 'nu-metal'.

Solstis
Feb 20, 2005, 03:49 PM
On 2005-02-19 10:31, AUTO_ wrote:
I think having good taste in music goes hand in hand with recognizing bad music.

Unless that offends you.

His poor taste in clothing offends me.

Not to mention that he has the charisma of a dead sheep. Michael Moore has more style, for crying out loud!

I think he's compensating for something.

[/shrek]

AUTO_
Feb 20, 2005, 05:28 PM
On 2005-02-20 12:49, Solstis wrote:

Unless that offends you.

AHahahhaha you say the same thing the offended Hoobastank fan says after he owns them.

Outrider
Feb 20, 2005, 05:55 PM
On 2005-02-20 12:36, UrikoBB3 wrote:
Linkin Park isnt emo or punk afaik, it's 'nu-metal'.

Sure it is.

Sagasu
Feb 21, 2005, 06:37 AM
On 2005-02-20 12:32, Outrider wrote:

I know,

It just seemed like the right thing to say. So they sing to their music, so they're not emo, I still enjoy listening to them.

Thats what matters, isnt it? Thats how I pick any music that I listen to. Oh wait, let me jump back into mainstream!

Linkin park is teh sux! I have to listen to bands other people think highly of! Oh noes! http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

Er, right, the topic. Repeat back to 'funny'

Neith
Feb 21, 2005, 07:43 AM
No, seriously Outrider, they're nu-metal, not punk or emo. They don't have the 'attitude' for a punk band. Another way they can be described is rap-metal. Im stickin to my guns.

Soja-Soulcrusher
Feb 21, 2005, 11:46 AM
I listen to whatever the fuck I want to. Being an adult warrants me that right, you know. Just the same, I don't have to listen to whatever shit he likes. Or... I may actually like what he likes. You see, that's the beauty of it. I can like my stuff and freely accept other stuff that I like if I don't make assumptions based on popularity or lack thereof! Nowhere but in my car will you find Linkin Park, Gwen Stefani, Celine Dion, Dream Theater and Secret Garden right next to each other. >_>;

Kids who listen to nothing BUT Linkin Park do sorta piss me off, even if I do listen to the occassional screamtrack. It helps me, uh, "cope." Rush hour sucks.

Solstis
Feb 21, 2005, 11:55 AM
On 2005-02-20 14:28, AUTO_ wrote:

On 2005-02-20 12:49, Solstis wrote:

Unless that offends you.

AHahahhaha you say the same thing the offended Hoobastank fan says after he owns them.

I know. That's because I watched it, silly.

HotWaterDeath
Feb 21, 2005, 03:16 PM
This site is choice, indeed.

Humanitarian of the Year, no doubt.

Outrider
Feb 21, 2005, 03:43 PM
On 2005-02-21 03:37, Sagasu wrote:

On 2005-02-20 12:32, Outrider wrote:

I know,

It just seemed like the right thing to say. So they sing to their music, so they're not emo, I still enjoy listening to them.

Thats what matters, isnt it? Thats how I pick any music that I listen to. Oh wait, let me jump back into mainstream!

Linkin park is teh sux! I have to listen to bands other people think highly of! Oh noes! http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

Actually, I don't care if you like Linkin Park or not. They're just not my thing. But, uh... most mainstream people I know actually like Linkin Park, so, heh.

Whatever, man. I just don't care for the band. More power to ya if you do.

On 2005-02-21 04:43, UrikoBB3 wrote:
No, seriously Outrider, they're nu-metal, not punk or emo. They don't have the 'attitude' for a punk band. Another way they can be described is rap-metal. Im stickin to my guns.

Fair enough. But their lyrics and music (though obviously influenced by techno/electronica, heavier rock bands and rap) scream out punk to me, though.

To be fair, I find that most genres are needlessly created; the core genres seem to encompass everything in some way, shape or form.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Outrider on 2005-02-21 12:44 ]</font>

Neith
Feb 21, 2005, 04:07 PM
Yeah, I suppose that some of their lyrics could be considered punk, im glad that ppl are finally startin to accept other ppls views :S

Kizaragu
Feb 21, 2005, 05:33 PM
I don't think anyone should really care about what genre of Rock linkin Park is, or any other band for that matter as it's pointless.
I've heard Slipknot are labelled as Nu-Metal as well as Linkin' Park (one time or another, not that I'm saying they are) and they're both so different from one another it's rediculouse.
So as for the Rock genre thing I don't pay much attention to it.

As long as I can find any said band under it's designated letter (a,b,c...) in Virgin Megastore in the Rock section I don't care.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Kizaragu on 2005-02-21 14:35 ]</font>