PDA

View Full Version : Cheating. Give it up!

Jason
Feb 19, 2005, 10:22 AM
I just want to get this off my chest... A great number of players I've seen aren't seriously legit. Compare to the past there were more players and thus, more legits than there are today which makes it bad. Those great number of cheaters, influenced a great number of players having them given and using hacks and dupes which makes them innocently cheaters and some thinks it is the legit stuff. Cheating had spread too much from what I've seen. I've stopped playing PSO for 2 months after a while when I have lost Jiveris to corruption, a lot have changed when I've returned which was early this week. I don't like what I see whether you care or not, agreeing or disagreeing.

Since I've lost Jiveris (and 3 other characters), the guild cards are lost too. Now with the new character I have to make new friends. I've got some, but it was much better when I had Jiveris. Many friends I had doesn't play the game anymore, or it seems as I can't track them as I don't have their guild cards no more. I still have this one friend, but she have became a cheater. It wasn't fun anymore, it was when she was legit. I stopped playing with her. I believe that the population have decreased partly because of the cheating around. But such is life, and there's Episode 3 that some players I've seen have moved on to and prefer that version. Perhaps because of the cheating around, some Ep 1 & 2 players have been discouraged to continue playing this version and go to the 3.

FSODing, the corruption code, character code, lv code, stats code, "rank" code, and etc., have got to stop. I know for a fact that it suits some players to cheat like it is their natural thing, that this is just a video game and "who cares" that you may say or think, but to those who cheat please try to keep it to yourself and not it to have affect others. Or even better, stop cheating. If you want to do cheat gameplaying, do it with the NPCs who doesn't seem to mind. Keep it to yourself offline. Or for online, cheat in a locked game with your friends who cheat. My point is don't courage cheating, nor affect others with it.

Now imagine. Imagine in online of PSO without cheating nor hacking and the such spreading around. Yes, that may suck to you cheaters, but think about it. Would there be a higher population of players today? Even a little bit? But what happen have happened, you cheaters have partly screwed this up. Unless you are listening and agreeing to what I'm saying here, at least most of it or whatever, let's try and help the online world to improve. With no influencing of cheating to the legits, no messing up in the lobbies, then perhaps in time later on the legit players here would say, "Hey, the cheating in the online world around seems to go away. Let's come back." Then some players who had quit because of cheaters/hackers around speading will may return from that encouragement. The population would then increase. For something like that to happen, I of course cannot do this alone. I need help from all of you! And with your help, we can try. What good would it do without trying? If we succeed, that would make the online world pleasant, and encouraging you cheaters/hackers to stop this madness once and for all.

Dhylec
Feb 19, 2005, 11:20 AM
if you have looked through this section before, you should see many topics of this kind..
let me tell ya, the result was less than stellar

Scejntjynahl
Feb 19, 2005, 12:44 PM
Unless you live near a "cheater" there is not much you can do. Simple thing, you can not fight over a digital lobby, you can not convince somebody to be "good" nor "bad". In most cases people who will "cheat" DONT CARE what you have to say, even if it is common sense.

Simple solution, find good people, and stick with them. If your lobby becomes infected by people you dont want to associate with... uhm... MOVE. Simple, no? Unless you unwittingly provided your guild card, they would have to waste a lot of time just to single you out and find you.

For example I have yet to quit pso, I have been on since the now defunct Dreamcast version. I have seen the uglyness of idiodicy. But through the hell I found good people. And I stick with them. I can count at least a minimum of a dozen people I consider an honor to play with, and I sthrive for them to feel the same to play with me. And there are those few people (and they know who they are http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif ) that regardless of how "bad" pso gets I remain for the sake of the friendship that has been established.

Don't let a few, or many, morons ruin your experience.

Jason
Feb 19, 2005, 06:37 PM
I suppose I was rambling on with this impossible dream. I'm sorry I got you in this, but thank you for your time and the response.

Skorpius
Feb 19, 2005, 07:30 PM
My cheating doesn't influence you in anyway unless you're jealous of me having what you cannot.

O.o

Jason
Feb 19, 2005, 07:35 PM
I definitely am not jealous. But should I have to be the one to be?

Jack
Feb 19, 2005, 07:39 PM
Even if people all played nice, the game's population wouldn't be bigger. It's been nearly five years since PSO started, and barring Episode III, it hasn't really changed that much.

Jason
Feb 19, 2005, 07:44 PM
I didn't say it would be bigger but a little bit, but who knows. And Skorpius, I'm kidding. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Fefnir
Feb 19, 2005, 08:14 PM
Ah, I feel the same way in that humungo post of yours, Jason. And everyone always looked the same and carried the same exact weapons, like they were all clones of each other. It was freaky.

Shadowpawn
Feb 19, 2005, 10:02 PM
Meh, it's human nature to cheat. Strange, but true.

soulja2244
Feb 20, 2005, 01:14 AM
i rather like harassing stuck up lagits. ;]

Tycho
Feb 20, 2005, 07:58 AM
On 2005-02-19 09:44, Scejntjynahl wrote:
Unless you live near a "cheater" there is not much you can do.

What do you mean, what are you implying about if you did? Beat them up? http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

Ochre
Feb 20, 2005, 11:36 AM
I agree 100%. I don't mind cheating in the least bit...but I just don't like it when someone affects my game negatively with it. Heck, I have a few friends who do cheat, but they're good people and don't mess with my game in a bad way. I can't see why legit players and cheaters can't get along if we both respect eachother and are nice to one another. We don't need all this fighting that goes on sometimes.

Personally, I try my hardest to play legitly, and I'd love to see more legitimate players...and more players, period! http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif If that doesn't happen, I don't see why we all can't get along, though.

RedSchwar
Feb 20, 2005, 08:30 PM

Wrong. The human mind is naturally drawn to the correct.

The mind is drawn to geometrically correct proportions, mathematically correct proportions, and I strongly believe the mind is equally drawn to a moral "correct."

A person can be inadequate in math or geometry, but that does not mean it's human nature to strive for incorrect answers.

A person can be inadequate in a moral sense, but that does not mean it is human nature to be immoral. It simply means they have not studied about actions and the impact they have on others.

Ignorance of one's actions does not make it OK. People need to read more, and look around and see that immoral behavior, even something as small as inconsiderately cheating in an online game, negatively affects others.

Stating that it is human nature is a copout, and an admittance of having little knowledge on human nature itself.

Corey
Feb 20, 2005, 08:35 PM
Why do we leave these topics open again?
No, seriously, I want to know.

RedSchwar
Feb 20, 2005, 08:56 PM
Because certain people need reminders that they're hurting others.

You shouldn't be able to do things wrong and just go about your business without any repurcussions. These are here to make you think, because I doubt you have the inclination to do any thinking of your own free will.

Shadowpawn
Feb 21, 2005, 12:04 AM
It's funny how you tried to make a argument out of that and not soulja's remark...

Why do we leave these topics open again?
No, seriously, I want to know.

A very good question, a good one indeed.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Shadowpawn on 2005-02-20 21:06 ]</font>

soulja2244
Feb 21, 2005, 05:17 AM
i can't believe you people take a video game so seriously. just have fun whatever way you want to, and stfu. nobody needs a 3 page essay on human nature.

RedSchwar
Feb 21, 2005, 08:50 AM
soulja, do you take ANYTHING seriously?

If you treat people with respect in real life, why not do it everywhere? Isn't mistreating people on a game [while still being nice IRL] an indication that you only do the right thing because you feel like you have to, not because you WANT to? Is inconveniencing someone (even in a minor way, such as online cheating) something that would be considered morally "right?" Even if you can't define it as "wrong", wouldn't it still fall under "morally questionable?"

Beings that your quality of life should not depend on you cheating in an online game (since you yourself said "it's just a game"), then wouldn't it be for your own best interest to avoid morally questionable behavior?

Why don't people ever think about anything? You're all so passive. You just sit and take in information, and never decide anything for yourselves. Use your brains a bit. Just because there's a few people out there thinking and doing good does not free you from your obligation as a human being to do so, as well.

Jason
Feb 21, 2005, 09:38 AM
I'm with RedSchwar.

shinobu_seta
Feb 21, 2005, 10:25 AM
On 2005-02-19 19:02, Shadowpawn wrote:

More like an American nature to cheat from what I've noticed.

can't believe you people take a video game so seriously. just have fun whatever way you want to, and stfu. nobody needs a 3 page essay on human nature.

It may just be a game to you, but there's still another person on the other end of that line, controlling that character that's being harrassed/stalked/FSODed/etc.

You may think it's silly, but some people have a true passion for this game. Do you have a passion for anything? Is there anything that you really love doing/experiencing? Now that you have that thought in mind, what if someone was trying to disrupt it, or stop you from doing it? (this illustration will only work if you're open minded enough to play along, unless you're an emotionless drone that really DOESN'T have any passions/interests)

Soja-Soulcrusher
Feb 21, 2005, 11:18 AM
On 2005-02-20 17:30, RedSchwar wrote:

Wrong. The human mind is naturally drawn to the correct.A trip to the Middle East will resolve that conception.

If what is a cheat becomes the norm, then it becomes the rule. This doesn't make cheating correct, obviously, but if everyone acknowledges it as "okay" and "acceptable," along with the abhorrent behavior and complete disregard of mutual respect that commonly comes with cheating, then it is deemed "correct" by its perpetrators.

A small anecdote can summarize my statement; out of ten colored figurines, eight are blue and two are red. Let blue represent the "legitimate" or "decent" players and let red represent the "cheats" and "assholes." Like a viral infection, the two reds spread their philosophy to four blues. Now, there are six reds and four blues. Still fairly balanced, but with the odds against them, two of the blues "quit" and disappear from the group altogether. Out of eight figurines, the blues are outnumbered two-to-one. They either flee or are FSODed out of existence. Any new people introduced are more likely to be seduced by the power of "cheating" because "everyone does it," and in order to compete they submit to that allure; oftentimes, they'll do it out of a feeling of necessity (see the competition remark).

This cannot be argued. It becomes a competition of wolves where all niceties are thrown out the window in favor of tooth and nail. If human nature indeed leaned towards "correctness," then there would be no need for "moral systems" or the religions and societies that establish them (as said from a secular point of view). Perhaps the concept you were thinking of was "lawfulness."

Math is law. Symmetry is law. Order is law. No matter whose body is trampled in the process.

Moral of the story? Avoid the assholes and don't become one. It's the only thing you can do.

RedSchwar
Feb 21, 2005, 11:54 AM
If what is a cheat becomes the norm, then it becomes the rule. This doesn't make cheating correct, obviously, but if everyone acknowledges it as "okay" and "acceptable," along with the abhorrent behavior and complete disregard of mutual respect that commonly comes with cheating, then it is deemed "correct" by its perpetrators

Except YOU specificially know it is wrong to cheat, as does anyone who reads and comprehends this thread. Using the "bandwagon" or "seduced into it" theories are no longer valid after reading this thread.

If 99 people think 2+2=5 and ONE thinks 2+2=4, the ONE is still universally correct. It is better to strive for a universal correct and die than it is to simply give up and conform. Notice how even a tiny plant can eventually break out of a thick layer of concrete. It only takes one person standing up to cheaters to get the ball rolling. You're causing more harm than good by passively accepting it.

Shadowpawn
Feb 21, 2005, 12:20 PM
Maybe I should have never made that comment...that was key to sending this topic to hell. >_>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Shadowpawn on 2005-02-21 10:49 ]</font>

Soja-Soulcrusher
Feb 21, 2005, 12:33 PM
Except YOU specificially know it is wrong to cheat, as does anyone who reads and comprehends this thread. Using the "bandwagon" or "seduced into it" theories are no longer valid after reading this thread.
Well duh, of course I know it's wrong to cheat. At the very least, it's dissatisfying. There's an innate problem with that, though. The cheaters... they don't care. Future cheaters... well, they don't care either. These people are "amoral"; they care only for themselves. They'd rather have hacked mags and phenomenal cosmic power to the quiet satisfaction of a good challenge mode run. People freely choose what to believe and how to act on those beliefs. Like you said, I know it's wrong to cheat, therefore I don't. Besides, cheating makes the game VERY boring.

If 99 people think 2+2=5 and ONE thinks 2+2=4, the ONE is still universally correct. It is better to strive for a universal correct and die than it is to simply give up and conform. Notice how even a tiny plant can eventually break out of a thick layer of concrete. It only takes one person standing up to cheaters to get the ball rolling. You're causing more harm than good by passively accepting it.
Standing up to cheaters face-to-face is pointless. You have to fight the war a different way. Since this is a game, no one is going to see this "fight" with as much importance as, say, the overthrow of a corrupt government. Suchly, cheaters have the advantage. Power is alluring, especially to newbies. They will often be lost even before we see them.

I am well aware of my position. Our problem is that this isn't an idle concrete wall - this is a raging torrent; a veritable tsunami of ignorance pouring over and drowning out, by pure force, anyone that is around, even the innocents. Your dissent would hold some water, so to speak, if humans were as easily predictable as an algebraic equation, but even you must agree that they are not (spare a few individuals that you may or may not know). I say that newbies are easily seduced by cheaters, but I may be wrong. This is solely based on activities I have observed in the American and European servers.

"The smallest pebble can divert the mightiest river," and all that, sure, but how long would it take? Too long to matter, surely. A pebble has no lifespan. A credit card, and these servers for that matter, do on the other hand. Personally, I see two plausible outcomes; 1) Cheaters cross over to JP servers undaunted and start fucking around there. JP players can bitch loudly and in great numbers, and since ST is closer to them, they might actually do something. Let's pray that happens. Let's pray it's not 2) Sonic Team gets pissed and pulls the plug, bringing down the final closing credits on Ep. I&II GCN.

Do you trust ST enough for them to do what's morally "correct"? What's best for the thousands of gamers that enjoy their product? Or, in response to the impending mass cancellation of HLs, will they do what is financially sound, when the profits from the Hunter's License subscriptions dwindles beneath the costs of running ravaged servers because of cheaters? Personally, I see the dusk of Ep. I&II. My subscription remains until the end, though, because that's how I choose my money be spent; I am trying to help remedy the problem. Talking to the cheaters won't do it, complaining to ST hasn't worked, so maybe a cataclysm on the JP servers will trigger administrative action. People tend to act quickly when their own interests are threatened.

By this, I don't want you to misunderstand me; I'm as stubborn as they come. I agree with your "railing against the odds" statement. But I live and die by my doctrine because I choose to. No one can change that, and that is the main problem here; cheaters are the same, as well as anyone they can fool into believing that they are "cool" for it. I am no pacifist, but all I can really do is play. What am I going to do? Get into some stupid FSOD war with the hackers?

TrekkiesUnite
Feb 21, 2005, 09:42 PM
The only two cheats i think are ok are duping and stacking becuase they are just exploiting glitches and can only affect those doing it and are just a nice convienience becuase then you dont have to worry about running out of supplies in the middle of a boss battle and you can copy all ur things and but them on a differenct memory card incase of FSOD corruption. Now if it involves AR and affects other players then it needs to be stopped. hacked weapons tick me off becuase then my characters cant hit the enemies and then get no exp and people who are lower levels dont deserve to do godly damage that is a reward for when you get over lvl 100 and even thats a little too low for that much damage. the only hacked wep i have is a 127% dark lavis cannon which i have to use becuase its my only good ruins weapon (if any one has a 100% lavis cannon with no other percents on anything else ill trade u for it). Hacked mags i hate becuase they just make ppl too good and they have no PBs and are just used to max stats they can only take you soo far, god use a normal lvl 200 mag and max ur stats the fun way. And FSOD people piss me off i want to kill them all they are just sucky low lvl noobs who suck at the game and are too dumb to lvl up on their own so they take it out on other people, god grow up.

Jess16241
Feb 22, 2005, 10:04 AM
is there a game without cheats being used on it, put that into thought, cheaters are everywhere, i am one, and i know, that AR costs $20, and many people, myself included, get tired of playing the legit way, once you have played a game through so many times, you get bored of doing it again, and that is when cheating is worth it, but thats not the story for all cheaters, some are just too lazy to earn the levels themselves, or too lazy to earn the items that they want the legit way, instead they would rather type in 2 to 12 lines to get what they want, simply put, you won't ever get cheaters to stop, you can prevent them for a short period of time, but you wont stop them, they will find a way, they always do, and always will, especially seeing as how many ppl know how to make their own codes, i myself included, there are whole sites devoted to teaching you how to make codes for AR and GameShark, now i ask, who here understands this? who agrees with me on this?

Nai_Calus
Feb 22, 2005, 12:09 PM
Heh. Not everybody who cheats sometimes is a FSOD-ing, trolling fucking moron.

Dupes? Sure, I've used 'em. Used every 'uber' weapon, usually with multiple 100%s. Frankly wasn't that impressed with most of them. HUmar? Screw the TJ-Sword, 300% Dark BKB and all that other crap. Partisans still own swords, and my Red Partisan is just fine with me. My S-rank Partisan, too. Demolition Comet does me fine. FOmar? Yeah, here's my Soul Banish that I picked up myself from the bloody remains of an innocent SKYLY Delbiter in PW4. RAmarl? Well, yeah, she's the one who uses dupes/hacks... But not as much as she used to. Sure, I used Red Ring on her, been using a duped S-Rank Needle on her since before Ep2 c-mode was fully released, the usual duped Yas9kM... But her Frozen Shooter is legit, as she's levelled a Secret Gear has become adequete for her needs, and I recently cleared Ep2 c-mode finally and picked up a nice legit Needle. I don't run around with a duped Guld Milla or a Heaven Punisher(Which sucks so much I don't see how it could ever prevent others from getting exp, unless you used it on like... Hard or something)... And hell, I'm as likely to use a Charge Vulcan as the duped yas, depending on who I'm with.

1304 mags? Lame. Especially the ones without PBs.

Hacked weapons? Well, sure, a 381% Hit Yasminkov 9000M with a Charge special is going to rip shit open, but I have better taste to use that in any serious game. 381% Hit Soul Banish? Who the hell does it hurt, exactly, if my FOmar doesn't miss in say, Seabed? And he'd only really NEED such a thing there - His legit one without Hit does just fine in just about every other area.

I make backup dupes of my legit weapons. I've lost the same Red Partisan to FSOD 5 times, you think I'm going to just up and decide 'Hey, backing up my stuff is wrong'? Haha, no. PSO is a GAME to me. I play it for FUN, not to constantly re-hunt things when the game fucks up on me. Yeah, I religiously bank, but guess what? FSOD happens in-game too! Had the power flicker out on me for a second once online while I was switching equipment sets. Whoops, oh dear, there went my Mind Rati, my Resta Merge and three God/HPs. Damn straight I made use of the router a friend had given me that they didn't need anymore and five minutes spent on google learning how to do dol editing, and damn straight I made that Rati right back the way it was. Who does that hurt, exactly? Nobody, that's who. If I use it to take a picture of a FOmar using girl-only weapons that I recreate almost immediately, who does that hurt? Nobody, unless it burns your retinas from the horror of a FOmar in that much pink. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

It's cute to go on and on about how all cheaters are stupid AR FSODing dumbfucks out to ruin legit games, but it's just not true, sorry. I've known plenty of competent, intelligent, really fun people who used dupes... Known plenty of assholes too, but hey, you get that in both camps. I've met plenty of incompetent, moron legits who were complete asses even if they thought you were legit that I wouldn't give the time of day to. It goes both ways.

Jess16241
Feb 23, 2005, 12:46 AM
hehe, someone is mad and feels guilty about cheating, dont worry, frankly, the only ppl that care about duped or hacked items/weapons are ppl that are too worried about what other ppl are doing to know what they are doing, they are concerned with trying to tick off the cheaters, that they wont have anything to do if there weren't cheaters, and frankly, it may be the fact that ppl trying to put down the cheaters are the reasons that cheaters FSOD, im not saying that it is right, but once you get FSOD'ed more than once, you should probaly learn how to FSOD yourself, and take out the next person that tries it, or hunt down the person that FSOD'ed you and FSOD them, i mean, why does someone care if someone else FSOD's someone that has been FSOD'ing legit players?

Superguppie
Feb 23, 2005, 08:23 AM
On 2005-02-21 06:38, Jason wrote:
I'm with RedSchwar.

So am I. But people that have been reading here might already have guessed that. (See some topic from ADEs brief return...)
However, there is one point at which I disagree. It is something I have noted. I have no idea how this relates to any work on psychology and ethics done by professionals in those fields.
People are not drawn towards good. Nor are they drawn towards bad. They are drawn towards laziness. Why want order? Why want symmetry? Why want rules? Why break the rules? Because it looks easier! If being an ass looks easier than being nice, people will make asses of themselves. And apparently, some people think that being an asshole to me is an easy way to whatever it is they get out of it.
Why do I play legit? Because it is easier for me to do that than to have to suffer the feelings of guilt about ruining someone elses fun, not to mention that someone elses scorn.

@soulja: Only reason I take this whole topic seriously is because I try to do as you say and play the game the way I want, and find it screwed over by assholes of low moral standards. If an FSOD-er sticks to other FSOD-ers without bothering others, I have no problem with that. Sadly, many FSOD-ers don't stick to that.
The reason I take the game seriously: It keeps me from going hopelesly insane. I need the relaxation to keep my mind together.

RedSchwar
Feb 23, 2005, 04:10 PM
I disagree Superguppie. Man desires to know. This has been proven by Aristotle.

Man will not move towards his desire to know if he is not raised in an environment that presents his mind with enough stimuli to awaken this desire. This does not make people blameless, however. They still COULD go out and awaken their human reason if they tried. They probably won't though.

Oh well. I'm getting Blue Burst soon so I could care less. I won't have to put up with any of this crap anymore.

Jack
Feb 23, 2005, 04:21 PM
On 2005-02-22 09:09, Ian-KunX wrote:

Dupes? Sure, I've used 'em. Used every 'uber' weapon, usually with multiple 100%s. Frankly wasn't that impressed with most of them. HUmar? Screw the TJ-Sword, 300% Dark BKB and all that other crap. Partisans still own swords, and my Red Partisan is just fine with me. My S-rank Partisan, too. Demolition Comet does me fine. FOmar? Yeah, here's my Soul Banish that I picked up myself from the bloody remains of an innocent SKYLY Delbiter in PW4. RAmarl? Well, yeah, she's the one who uses dupes/hacks... But not as much as she used to. Sure, I used Red Ring on her, been using a duped S-Rank Needle on her since before Ep2 c-mode was fully released, the usual duped Yas9kM... But her Frozen Shooter is legit, as she's levelled a Secret Gear has become adequete for her needs, and I recently cleared Ep2 c-mode finally and picked up a nice legit Needle. I don't run around with a duped Guld Milla or a Heaven Punisher(Which sucks so much I don't see how it could ever prevent others from getting exp, unless you used it on like... Hard or something)... And hell, I'm as likely to use a Charge Vulcan as the duped yas, depending on who I'm with.

Hacked weapons? Well, sure, a 381% Hit Yasminkov 9000M with a Charge special is going to rip shit open, but I have better taste to use that in any serious game. 381% Hit Soul Banish? Who the hell does it hurt, exactly, if my FOmar doesn't miss in say, Seabed? And he'd only really NEED such a thing there - His legit one without Hit does just fine in just about every other area.

I make backup dupes of my legit weapons. I've lost the same Red Partisan to FSOD 5 times, you think I'm going to just up and decide 'Hey, backing up my stuff is wrong'? Haha, no. PSO is a GAME to me. I play it for FUN, not to constantly re-hunt things when the game fucks up on me. Yeah, I religiously bank, but guess what? FSOD happens in-game too! Had the power flicker out on me for a second once online while I was switching equipment sets. Whoops, oh dear, there went my Mind Rati, my Resta Merge and three God/HPs. Damn straight I made use of the router a friend had given me that they didn't need anymore and five minutes spent on google learning how to do dol editing, and damn straight I made that Rati right back the way it was. Who does that hurt, exactly? Nobody, that's who. If I use it to take a picture of a FOmar using girl-only weapons that I recreate almost immediately, who does that hurt? Nobody, unless it burns your retinas from the horror of a FOmar in that much pink. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

It's cute to go on and on about how all cheaters are stupid AR FSODing dumbfucks out to ruin legit games, but it's just not true, sorry. I've known plenty of competent, intelligent, really fun people who used dupes... Known plenty of assholes too, but hey, you get that in both camps. I've met plenty of incompetent, moron legits who were complete asses even if they thought you were legit that I wouldn't give the time of day to. It goes both ways.

http://www.theeastons.plus.com/files/pictures/intarnet.jpg

Nohra
Feb 23, 2005, 06:45 PM
What bothers me are people who are striving to be absolutely legitimate in an RPG game as bug-ridden as PSO. Nobody likes losing that extremely rare weapon to a random glitch. So you can either play limited and use only one weapon at a time, or you can make backup dupes, and, using them only for yourself, have a little more fun.

soulja2244
Feb 23, 2005, 11:33 PM
On 2005-02-21 05:50, RedSchwar wrote:

If you treat people with respect in real life, why not do it everywhere? Isn't mistreating people on a game [while still being nice IRL] an indication that you only do the right thing because you feel like you have to, not because you WANT to? Is inconveniencing someone (even in a minor way, such as online cheating) something that would be considered morally "right?" Even if you can't define it as "wrong", wouldn't it still fall under "morally questionable?"

Beings that your quality of life should not depend on you cheating in an online game (since you yourself said "it's just a game"), then wouldn't it be for your own best interest to avoid morally questionable behavior?

Why don't people ever think about anything? You're all so passive. You just sit and take in information, and never decide anything for yourselves. Use your brains a bit. Just because there's a few people out there thinking and doing good does not free you from your obligation as a human being to do so, as well.

OMG I GOT FSODED, MY LIFE IS OVER!

lol, get a fucking grip people. If you stay off vega, or use a little common sense, your chance of being fsoded or harassed are greatly reduced.

But even if you get fsod and lose that rare that you spent 6 months looking for, so what? You need to stop, smack yourself, and reflect on which direction your life is headed. I know 90% of the people in this thread don't wanna hear it. But those are the facts, sad but true.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: soulja2244 on 2005-02-23 20:34 ]</font>

RedSchwar
Feb 24, 2005, 12:22 AM
I don't understand how playing a game is wasting your life any more than say, my boss, who spends 13 hours a day in his store. Sure, he makes lots of real life money, but if I'm happier than he is playing a silly game for 9 dollars a month, who's better off?

I think we need to rethink our standard of what a "good life" is.

soulja2244
Feb 24, 2005, 01:35 AM
because spending 13 hours a day behind a tv, looking for a red box is not good for you. You shouldn't need me to tell you that.

Zelutos
Feb 24, 2005, 01:39 AM
On 2005-02-23 22:35, soulja2244 wrote:
because spending 13 hours a day behind a tv, looking for a red box is not good for you. You shouldn't need me to tell you that.

i'm sure you used to do the same thing, so don't you tell us what is good for us or not.

soulja2244
Feb 24, 2005, 05:24 AM
another false assumption

shinobu_seta
Feb 24, 2005, 12:17 PM
On 2005-02-23 22:35, soulja2244 wrote:

I'll ask again, since you seemed to have missed my previous post in this thread. But what exactly do you like to do that excludes you from being "a loser who's waisting his life away on unproductive entertainment?"

I work 40 hours a week, hang out with my friends during the evenings, and even write in my spare time, but the fact that I take my PSO seriously completely nullifies all of that and makes me a loser, correct?

By your logic, if our entertainment isn't productive, or happens to be time consuming, then we're worthless losers, regardless of the fact that it makes us happy. Am I understanding that correctly?

Yeah, PSO may just be a meaningless video game, but isn't it the same for watching a movie, working on a car, or even your computer?

FSODing, is annoying and hurtful, and very angering. What if I unplugged your computer while you were working on something? Or knocked all of your cards out of your hand just as you were about to play a winning hand? It's the SAME THING.

Playing PSO, and even some duping and hacking weps can be fun and entertaining. But when people FSOD others, that's a little sadistic isn't it?

What's more pathetic? People playing PSO, or people not even playing correctly and spending hours trying to find new ways to make it crash.

I ask you to take a look at my first post in this thread, and then enlighten us, my friend.

RedSchwar
Feb 24, 2005, 12:38 PM
He won't. A fool will never admit he has been proven wrong. He simply won't reply.

soulja2244
Feb 24, 2005, 06:26 PM
but the fact that I take my PSO seriously completely nullifies all of that and makes me a loser, correct?

basically yeah. If losing a little red box makes you wanna commit suicide, you've got problems. I don't care if you work 140 hours a week, it's irrelevant.

I suppose after your next post redschwar will be right behind going "yeah, yeah! you tell him!" likes he been doing the whole thread lol.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: soulja2244 on 2005-02-24 15:27 ]</font>

Fefnir
Feb 24, 2005, 06:33 PM
On 2005-02-24 15:26, soulja2244 wrote:
If losing a little red box makes you wanna commit suicide, you've got problems.

No one is ever serious when they say something as exaggerated as that... Hunting rares is like a hobby. You know, like collecting? It's pretty much equivalent to collecting stamps or coins or whatnot. Think of the biggest rare as that one stamp that was only printed once in the world. It's like that. And wouldn't you be pissed if you lost something that you were searching for for so long?

Edit: I really need to pay attention to what I'm typing...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Fefnir on 2005-02-24 15:36 ]</font>

Solstis
Feb 24, 2005, 06:39 PM

but the fact that I take my PSO seriously completely nullifies all of that and makes me a loser, correct?

basically yeah. If losing a little red box makes you wanna commit suicide, you've got problems. I don't care if you work 140 hours a week, it's irrelevant.

I suppose after your next post redschwar will be right behind going "yeah, yeah! you tell him!" likes he been doing the whole thread lol.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: soulja2244 on 2005-02-24 15:27 ]</font>

And this folks, is what happens when you become "jaded."

Here we can see where "thick-headedness" can be misinterpreted as "wit" or "guile."

Hobbies are meant to be absorbing. Have you no hobby? Are you that empty of emotion or joy?

Empty shell of a human being?

Or just another forum goer?

Lookie here!:

Ya I'd like one for myself...
I was thinking about hunting for it after I find my 75 agito.

Soulja too, once searched for little red boxes! Ja-ja-ja-jaded.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Solstis on 2005-02-24 15:42 ]</font>

Jack
Feb 24, 2005, 06:56 PM
There's a world of difference between hoping to find an item and spending the best part of a weekend repeatedly piping for rare enemies.

Dek
Feb 24, 2005, 09:33 PM
On 2005-02-22 09:09, Ian-KunX wrote:

Thank you for saying everything that was in my head in the first place.

PSO, to me, has become a game that is focused more on respect towards players rather than who is legit and who isn't. Either you show respect or you don't. Simple enough. If you can be accepting towards others players, regardless of overall legitimacy (if any http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif ), then other players will (mostly) take note of that and realize that you are a cool guy (or gal) and that you don't give a shit and only care about if everyone is having fun.

Me? Obviously, I am legit, but does that mean I'm automatically a prejudice little bitch? While it's tempting to think so, the answer is No. While I may enjoy being legit for the challenge and celebration of finding certain items, it won't mean anything if others get pissed at me about preaching about it (which I don't, FYI). I will still go back to my roots and hang out with the "unlegits" that I have once enjoyed playing with.

Ian, while it's good to know that we can at least share a few opinions, it is a shame that we couldn't kill a few monsters together http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

As far as cheating, I will say this...

- If you are cheating for good things (such as making back ups of your items, equipping unequipable items on yourself, or even helping lower level characters level up), then you're cool with me.

- If you are cheating for bad things (FSOD, corruption), then I have a problem as you would be damaging someone's online game experience.

shinobu_seta
Feb 24, 2005, 10:09 PM

I highly doubt that anyone on this board is so mentally unstable that they would want to take their own life for losing save game data.

They will however, become angry and sad, which is basic human nature, right? Nothing wrong with that, heck, I'd even venture to say that it makes them pretty healthy.

You never did answer the question of interest, so we can't really use you for example. I just hope that you really are human enough to understand where we're coming from in this.

Say...I dunno...I kicked in your computer screen? You'd get mad right? I sure hope so, otherwise I'd think that you'd be in more need of some help, far beyond anyone that may or may not need it from this site.

Shadowpawn
Feb 24, 2005, 10:14 PM
God, is this still going on? o.O

shinobu_seta
Feb 24, 2005, 11:58 PM
hehe, you're right. It is a pretty petty argument. All right, I'm out of this thread. *takes a bow*

soulja2244
Feb 25, 2005, 03:12 AM
Some of these parallels you guys are drawing are ridiculous. I never said you couldn't enjoy a hobby without being a loser. I said sitting behind ur tv for 13 hour, while piping back and forth makes you a loser. Also whining and writing 3 page essays on a forum after being fsoded makes you a loser.

Seems some people cannot accept the truth. :]

oh, and to the guy who dug up my post history, thats classic. you dug through 200 posts lol. gotta watch those online stalkers.....

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: soulja2244 on 2005-02-25 00:16 ]</font>

Superguppie
Feb 25, 2005, 05:05 AM
Ok, that one is an easy score for me. You think spending a lot of time enjoying a game makes one a loser?
Since you pride yourself on making 4 FSOD codes: What to think of someone that spends a considerable amount of time looking for something which only serves the purpose of annoying others? (I can't imagine you find things like that in an hour, or by accident...) Just the idea that someone would actualy go through the effort of looking for a way to ruin my pathetic fun screams LOOOOOOOOOSER to me...

Oh, and as comment to the remark about not going to dangerous places:
- I heard Vega is pretty much the safest place to go these days, as the assholes have found it is no longer fun mucking about there
- Hiding in 'safe' empty blocks is not possible, since these assholes moving out of Vega into ANY place that has players in it. My friends and me have been playing on backwater EU ships for a long time. Over the past few months we have been bothered by assholes several times. I have seen friends leave after being forced into FSOD-X.
Playing in open teams to get new friends and give new players (they are few, but they are there!) is no longer an option because of all the shit going on lately. I have come close to quiting myself several times lately.
All thanks to the losers that make codes that allow assholes to annoy so badly the assholes have to go hunting for victims. Great show LOSER!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Superguppie on 2005-02-25 02:12 ]</font>

Sundancer
Feb 25, 2005, 05:15 AM
On 2005-02-25 00:12, soulja2244 wrote:
... Also whining and writing 3 page essays on a forum after being fsoded makes you a loser. ...

The funny thing is, that you are taking part in the verry same discussion... earm I mean "essay"...

Yes, at least you are perfectly right with this statement!

Jess16241
Feb 25, 2005, 09:39 AM
On 2005-02-23 20:33, soulja2244 wrote:

On 2005-02-21 05:50, RedSchwar wrote:

OMG I GOT FSODED, MY LIFE IS OVER!

lol, get a fucking grip people. If you stay off vega, or use a little common sense, your chance of being fsoded or harassed are greatly reduced.

But even if you get fsod and lose that rare that you spent 6 months looking for, so what? You need to stop, smack yourself, and reflect on which direction your life is headed. I know 90% of the people in this thread don't wanna hear it. But those are the facts, sad but true.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: soulja2244 on 2005-02-23 20:34 ]</font>

there is some wisdom in this

On 2005-02-24 15:39, Solstis wrote:

And this folks, is what happens when you become "jaded."

Here we can see where "thick-headedness" can be misinterpreted as "wit" or "guile."

Hobbies are meant to be absorbing. Have you no hobby? Are you that empty of emotion or joy?

Empty shell of a human being?

Or just another forum goer?

Lookie here!:

Ya I'd like one for myself...
I was thinking about hunting for it after I find my 75 agito.

Soulja too, once searched for little red boxes! Ja-ja-ja-jaded.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Solstis on 2005-02-24 15:42 ]</font>

hmmmmm.....the song "Jaded" by aerosmith, correct?

Solstis
Feb 25, 2005, 12:12 PM
Some of these parallels you guys are drawing are ridiculous. I never said you couldn't enjoy a hobby without being a loser. I said sitting behind ur tv for 13 hour, while piping back and forth makes you a loser. Also whining and writing 3 page essays on a forum after being fsoded makes you a loser.

oh, and to the guy who dug up my post history, thats classic. you dug through 200 posts lol. gotta watch those online stalkers.....

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: soulja2244 on 2005-02-25 00:16 ]</font>

Wow. You're still on the soapbox, huh?

People would agree with you more often if you actually... well... didn't preach to them. I don't care that if the original poster did the same thing. I don't even care about PSO.

The only reason I came in here because I sensed an ego of massive scale. Yes, you should be able to move on if you get FSODed, but it's pretty annoying to be yelled at by some random Internet personality because they're cranky.

Oh, hoody-hoo! Let me use a smiley. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

You're not that important, nor is your opinion irrevocable. It doesn't matter if you're an uber 1337 hacker or a bored billionaire, your little "dissertations" are just as annoying as the original.

(in before lock!)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Solstis on 2005-02-25 09:12 ]</font>

SquashDemon
Feb 25, 2005, 01:12 PM
whats the matter soulja? no thick-headded comeback?

I am fully agreeing with the post above, if we legits who spend hours, months even looking for a little red box are so pathetic, what are you? spending months looking for a way to disrupt somone's game, simply to show you can...I'm not saying cheating is wrong, I myself highly doubt half of my items are legit (I know the items I traded for them are, but...) I'm not some stuck up legit who thinks anyone who cheats is a scum-sucking loser but, spending hours working with a bunch of letters and numbers trying to manipulate them to disrupt someone who probably did absolutly nothing you couldn't get over...that sounds suspiciously like a loser to me...

OMG I don't like what you said! I'm going to FSOD you!

...that sounds accurate to me

soulja2244
Feb 25, 2005, 04:35 PM
On 2005-02-25 10:12, SquashDemon wrote:
whats the matter soulja? no thick-headded comeback?

OMG I don't like what you said! I'm going to FSOD you!

...that sounds accurate to me

I don't come to psoworld all day, sorry to make you wait baby. :]
And fyi, i don't fsod people, in fact i don't even play pso. But you're a cocksucker, that sounds accurate to me.....

soulja2244
Feb 25, 2005, 04:44 PM
On 2005-02-25 02:05, Superguppie wrote:
Ok, that one is an easy score for me. You think spending a lot of time enjoying a game makes one a loser?

An easy score huh? lol, you really owned me.

Since you pride yourself on making 4 FSOD codes: What to think of someone that spends a considerable amount of time looking for something which only serves the purpose of annoying others? (I can't imagine you find things like that in an hour, or by accident...) Just the idea that someone would actualy go through the effort of looking for a way to ruin my pathetic fun screams LOOOOOOOOOSER to me...

Actually the codes were very easy to find. Blame sega for not fixing old DC exploits. lazy fucks.

Oh, and as comment to the remark about not going to dangerous places:
- I heard Vega is pretty much the safest place to go these days, as the assholes have found it is no longer fun mucking about there
- Hiding in 'safe' empty blocks is not possible, since these assholes moving out of Vega into ANY place that has players in it. My friends and me have been playing on backwater EU ships for a long time. Over the past few months we have been bothered by assholes several times. I have seen friends leave after being forced into FSOD-X.
Playing in open teams to get new friends and give new players (they are few, but they are there!) is no longer an option because of all the shit going on lately. I have come close to quiting myself several times lately.
All thanks to the losers that make codes that allow assholes to annoy so badly the assholes have to go hunting for victims. Great show LOSER!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Superguppie on 2005-02-25 02:12 ]</font>

I didn't bother to read all that, but i didn't invent fsod, and sega has done nothing to fix it. It's been patched on psox, and even schthack patched his personal server. And you people are paying sega 8.95 a month for this? lol

soulja2244
Feb 25, 2005, 04:53 PM
Last one for today, ill be back tomorrow if you guys dont have me banned by then :]

On 2005-02-25 02:15, Sundancer wrote:
The funny thing is, that you are taking part in the verry same discussion... earm I mean "essay"...

So making one or two posts a day = essay? K, next

Yes, at least you are perfectly right with this statement!

I'm glad you agree :]

i see that pso is down to about 200 hardcore players left. This is the result of trying to talk some sense into them. I guess you people think i, in some way, ruined your life (pso). That's ok, i will let you move on. tah tah

Dek
Feb 25, 2005, 06:02 PM
There's an edit button. Use it!

SquashDemon
Feb 26, 2005, 12:54 AM
Soulja, living proof that you don't have to be stupid to be an idiot...so you don't like what I said huh? so you immeadeatly assume that I am Homosexual and say as much, that's a sign of immaturity you know, you need help...call your nearest psychologist, because you are definatly suffering from some mental disorder...

ABDUR101
Feb 26, 2005, 01:10 AM
For the record, my penis is larger than all of yours.

Yes, that is what this thread boils down to, as have all cheating/legit threads before it. So for the record, again, my penis is bigger than yours.

And soulja earns a warning for flaming. Thats two, egg shells my friend, lay off for abit, or just stop coming here altogether if you're just going to stir up shit.
Correction: You're banned. You had an extra warning for another offense. Not that you cared anyway, so no loss to you or the community. Ta.

Everyone, stop feeding into these kind of bullshit threads. It's a game, you have a right to be angry about such things, but for shit's sake it's been happening since DC Vers 1, and to be honest, none of you know real shit unless you've been playing since DC Vers 1.

Nothing like getting PK'd and having your current weapon drop at your feet for anyone to pick up, or having items taken from your bank, or having your character frozen in place, and even then locked games weren't safe, people could come right in and do whatever.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: ABDUR101 on 2005-02-25 22:15 ]</font>