PDA

View Full Version : New PSO

supermatt9000
Feb 19, 2005, 10:22 PM
Hi, just a quick question. I have had PSO since it first came out for dreamcast. A friend of mine now wants to buy ep.1&2. He cannot find it anywhere. I have looked and found numerous copies on e-bay but i cannot find any "new" copies. If i remember right, if he tries to go online with a used copy he will not be able to unless the access codes were not entered yet. Is this correct, and if yes does anyone know where he can get a "new" copy.

-Thx

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Dhylec on 2005-02-20 07:15 ]</font>

DarkEyesx
Feb 19, 2005, 10:26 PM
well he could get the gamecube or xbox versions, or download the pc version, the gamecube version presented now is ep 1 & 2 plus and the xbox version is ep 1 & 2 the pc version that is downloaded however im not very certain about though

TheOneHero
Feb 19, 2005, 10:27 PM
http://www.ebgames.com

or

http://www.amazon.com

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: TheOneHero on 2005-02-19 19:27 ]</font>

Rabid
Feb 20, 2005, 01:12 AM
ok...you know where you need to go? I am totally serious...this is where I bought my game

2 words amigo....

Best Buy

Best Buy has Pso for GCN (I dunno about XBox or DC) for $20.00!

supermatt9000
Feb 20, 2005, 02:00 PM
Thx for the help everyone, I appreaciate it.

Zweihander
Feb 20, 2005, 04:31 PM
(Hello, I'm quite new here, as obvious.)

I still have the original Phantasy Star Online for Dreamcast, though no Broadband connection or modem to play it. Haven't been online with it in years since I got broadband (and pretty much guessing that the servers were taken down by now anyways).

I still dearly love the game and get on every couple of weeks in single player mode. I happened to be looking for some information today and somehow fell into this topic.

One of you mentioned downloading PSO for Windows. How's that work and what is the monthly cost? Thank you in advance! -Zweihander

Tancient
Feb 20, 2005, 05:24 PM
There is PSO PC. Which is technically down, but is free private servers (Can't give out info on where)

Then there is also PSO BB. Which is the latest release of PSO, also on the PC.

http://psobb.jp

Its around $10/mo for the online fee. For ep1+2 the game is free, for ep4 it costs around $40.

Zweihander
Feb 20, 2005, 07:37 PM
Ah, thank you. TheOneHero already sent me a mountain of info on PSO BB. I'm thinking I'll try it, but if there aren't alot of american or english-speaking players, I may just wait for a US copy.

Thankfully, I have my trusty PS2-USB converter, so I can use my PS2 controller on my PC whenever I finally register for BB. Atleast, I hope.

As it stands, I'm waiting for a lil' more info to come in from Eanae, but I'm always open to finding groups to play online with so I can join up once it's done. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Tancient
Feb 20, 2005, 07:44 PM
Definately. Feel free to add me on any of my listed IMs, once you're set up. I'd be more than happy to help you get set-up. Learn what new changes there are, and find your way around a little bit. There are a few English players, though most of them are in Ult, and so few have any characters lower down. It'd be nice to have more rounded levels and such. But its still good all in all.

Zweihander
Feb 22, 2005, 09:57 AM
Well, I tested the game, but apparently my current PC will not operate it. Fortunately, I'm only a few parts shy of finishing my new system, which should handle the game as easily as pie... or something of that nature.

I'll be sure to add you to my friends list. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif The more people to group with, the more fun there is to be had!

HUcastShinobi
Feb 22, 2005, 10:04 AM
whatever you do, DONT TRUST AMAZON! when i was about to get a broadband adapter, they discontinued it! so now im waiting for my prize from ebay to come...

Zweihander
Feb 22, 2005, 10:07 AM
Wait, you got a broadband adapter for Dreamcast? Are the servers seriously still running?

WrathofGOD
Feb 22, 2005, 10:33 AM
On 2005-02-22 07:07, Zweihander wrote:
Wait, you got a broadband adapter for Dreamcast? Are the servers seriously still running?

Same independent server that the old PC runs on, the official ones have been down for coming up on 2 years.

HUcastShinobi
Feb 22, 2005, 11:28 AM
wow, and i thought i was blonde... check peoples profiles man, i do that to be uber sure... im a gcuber man, i need the broadbandy to play, but amazon discontinued the cubes as well, and the same with all pso stuff... (RAISES FIST AND SHAKES QUITE VIOLENTLY!)

TheOneHero
Feb 22, 2005, 12:32 PM
On 2005-02-22 07:04, HUcastShinobi wrote:
whatever you do, DONT TRUST AMAZON! when i was about to get a broadband adapter, they discontinued it! so now im waiting for my prize from ebay to come...

Yes, those people on eBay that take your money and don't send you what you ordered are much better. ;p

Sadly they had to discontinue the BBA. -_- You may also try Best Buy (where I got mine) or Circut City. I believe they still see them. Oh, well. You already have ordered. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

Zweihander
Feb 22, 2005, 02:08 PM
Ah, Gamecube. *shakes head* I should have figured. *laughs* Kinda jumped off topic there on me though.

Anyway, by 'independant server', I take it you mean someone who isn't supposed to be hosting them in the first place. (Not that I'm one to talk, I used to play on those free UO servers)

Boy, things are never easy. Hopefully BB will show up in english soon. I'm still trying to finish up my new PC so I can see if the japanese version will work. (Strangely, I meet the minimum specs for it even on this old one, but it causes my computer to enter 'hiccup of doom' spurts after I enter the 3rd option on the menu.)

WrathofGOD
Feb 22, 2005, 02:20 PM
I meet the minimum specs for it even on this old one, but it causes my computer to enter 'hiccup of doom' spurts after I enter the 3rd option on the menu.

Which menu are you talking about? I had probably every trouble you could have getting online with BB, so I might be able to help...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: WrathofGOD on 2005-02-22 11:20 ]</font>

Zweihander
Feb 22, 2005, 03:10 PM
Very long story. I sent you a few PMs describing it. Right now I'm trying to figure out how to switch my type over to katakana to register for BB. Been working at it for an hour and still haven't figured it out.