PDA

View Full Version : XBox: power

Sarek_Ellis
Feb 20, 2005, 09:00 PM
Not to long ago there was a article in the paper about the power cord on the xbox. They said In all regions except Continental Europe, Xbox consoles manufactured before Oct. 23, 2003, require a replacement power cord. In Continental Europe, consoles manufactured before Jan. 13, 2004, require a replacement power cord. Your production date is on the bottem of your xbox http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

For more info click the link below

http://www.xbox.com/en-US/news/0502/powercordannouncement.htm

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sarek_Ellis on 2005-02-20 18:02 ]</font>

tunghook
Feb 20, 2005, 11:01 PM
I recieved an email from Microsoft about this very subject recently. Apparently they can get too hot if you leave the console on too long...

kevlar_pso
Feb 21, 2005, 02:22 PM
I got this email also. I have 2 Xboxes and I really only use my new Xbox cause I will sometimes have load problems w/my old one. I only use my newer cord tho, cause my old cord will slip out easily, but my new one holds in place more securely than my old Xbox cord.
I just haven't got around to sending my old cord in.

Solstis
Feb 21, 2005, 03:21 PM
How long do you have to leave the thing on?

I'm pretty sure that walking around campus every day is far more dangerous than the cord.

Sarek_Ellis
Feb 21, 2005, 04:45 PM
Im not sure about how long you have to leave it on but i think of it as a car. you have defects in some of them and you have a 50 50 chance of getting a defective cord. I sent mine in and recieved a new one.

MysticFever
Feb 21, 2005, 04:53 PM
Wow thats intresting... i might want to look at that and tell my brother.. hes had his x-box for a while now.

death_bringer
Feb 21, 2005, 04:58 PM
my xbox brock cos of that

derBauer
Feb 22, 2005, 01:03 AM
I bet there is more to this story than what we know. As in people are doing stupid siht with their cords and/or Xbox's to make the cord the reason for an accident. I have had mine on literally for weeks with people playing it and watching movies and it has never acted up (except for Morrowind). I also bought mine the day it came out so whenever I hear about how crappy the drive is, and how the cord will shock me and light my house on fire, I take it with a grain of salt.
Don't want to be shocked by your Xbox power cord? Don't stand in a puddle of bong water while F'n around with stuff behind your tv.