PDA

View Full Version : XBox: Does anybody play c-mode on xbox???

Sarek_Ellis
Feb 21, 2005, 10:33 AM
Im new to the whole xbox live thing and i understand what normal and battle mode is but whats challeng mode? I have read the FAQ on the site and dont get it. any helpers to why im so confused? it seems cool.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sarek_Ellis on 2005-02-21 11:36 ]</font>

Tact
Feb 21, 2005, 11:05 AM
Challenge Mode (or C-Mode for short) is when all characters start at lvl 1 with default equipment and one Scape Doll, and the player (or team) has to make their way through various areas in PSO. Other people will probably have things to add on, so don't stop reading after this post.

Sitka
Feb 22, 2005, 12:58 PM
Sarek_Ellis wrote:

"Im new to the whole xbox live thing and i understand what normal and battle mode is but whats challeng mode? I have read the FAQ on the site and dont get it. any helpers to why im so confused? it seems cool."

From reading some of your earlier posts, you seem to have acquired some hacked items/mags and stuff. Most of the folks that play a lot of c-mode, play legit. Not all, but most.

I would recommend that if you really want to learn how to play c-mode and find some good players willing to take you through, get rid of your hacked stuff. You have to be good enough playing on your own so that you don't burn a lot of mates/fluids/scapes and you won't learn how to do that if you always play with uber items/weapons.

Next, go to the challenge mode guides, print out the maps and read through the walkthroughs. You might even get a friend to practice some offline challenge mode with to learn how to play it a bit.

People who play challenge mode have different goals/objectives. Some just want to get the s-rank weapons, some want to get their primary character through and some want to take every class through.

Personally, I'm working on my 11th and 12th s-rank weapons which is cool. I've taken through Rangers, Hunters and Forces, but I don't really desire to take a difficult class like a Ramarl through say Episode II. I would like to play with consistent partners to the point where TAing Ep 2 is a possibility.

Some of the new folks I've helped have been great - they are patient, they take directions, they learn, they improve. Failure is not a problem - failure due to the inability or unwillingness to learn from mistakes is. The individuals that I do not like to play with often let their egos get in the way of the learning process. How many times do you have to tell a noob to ignore the Al Rappy and get the switch - as your sitting idle by the closed door and he's burning through all his mates - that's what drives me crazy.

So, if you're willing to play legit, learn the game correctly, follow direction, learn from your mistakes and gradually improve your game play, come join us and we'll take you through.

If that's not your cup of tea - no worries. Enjoy your gameplay.

Sarek_Ellis
Feb 22, 2005, 02:05 PM
hey thanx for the advice, and like you said i had to get rid of all my hacked items and i did so im working with just basic equipment now. But if you would let me go along C-mode with you to see exactly how much fun it can be then that would be great. I understand about the whole burning up mates, fluids, and scapes but i think I would do good, not great but fair because i have been playing so long im used to starting off with nothing. But if i could join you in a game of C-mode that would be great, thanx.

Sitka
Feb 22, 2005, 02:09 PM
Sure,

Send me your gamertag and I'll look for you this weekend. What ship/block do you normally play in?

Sarek_Ellis
Feb 22, 2005, 02:13 PM
My gamer tag is ------ Sarek E
My character name is - say-rek

I normally play in apatite but i can meet you in another since it gets crowded in there.I had also sent an Email to Cahill about teaching me, and hasn't responded yet. but maybe he could help me too.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sarek_Ellis on 2005-02-22 11:17 ]</font>