PDA

View Full Version : why does it freze up

PhatMaxx
Feb 21, 2005, 04:29 PM
i'm FUCKING pissed because i got a lot of stuff and my fucking game froze! why does it freze up? >:(

SJ
Feb 21, 2005, 04:34 PM
Because of lag, or because someone did it to you on purpose.
To stop losing items deposit them in the bank before going into a lobby, or dont go online ><

jspacemunkey
Feb 21, 2005, 04:44 PM
yeah, that does happen. where exactly did it freeze? were you online or offline? loading screen (the starburst or telepipe sequence) or just walking around?

freezes are referred to as FSOD and BSOD. pso is infamous for causing unequipped items (and in rare circumstance even equipped items) to disappear when the game locks up, especially online. sj gives some sound advice: when leaving an online game deposit everything in your bank. that way when you leave (or enter a new game) you'll be protected against FSOD. takes a little extra time, but it's worth the effort.

the only time i've encountered FSOD offline is when i've telepiped for prolonged periods of time (8 hours +). once in a while the game will lock up in the telepipe sequence. best thing to do here is break up telepiping with actually gameplay or just turn your system off.

Dhylec
Feb 21, 2005, 05:30 PM
this could've been in tech, but the tone is way too upset for it
use the rants section to vent & whine next time
if it's fsod, use the sticky there

Flashlight
Feb 22, 2005, 03:17 AM
Mine froze once offline...but it was just like 2 secs... maybe taking the game out and putting it back in...Accidently discovered this whe nmy stephbrother made my cube fall on the ground and my game fell out...you see then on the screen: please place game(or sumthing like that) and when you do that..u start where u were...Dunno if it helps whit the online FSOD's or stuff (im an offline player so maybe this info is useless to you...or that I just talk shit to you but it makes sence to me)...

Well sry for you http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif...but Good luck in the future...