PDA

View Full Version : Nano dragon's ariel beam?

metatime
Feb 22, 2005, 12:03 PM
I was reading though one of the topics and I noticed someone mentioning it. Now out of my thousand hrs playing this game, I never saw any such attack from the dragrons.

What does the attack look like, a regular ground beam that was just shot from the air or something else?

Sitka
Feb 22, 2005, 12:32 PM
Play some challenge mode. It's quite fun when the damn dragon blasts you from the air and you drop a scape as a result. "I didn't even see the dragon - I was fighting a damn Guil Shark!"

I'm pretty sure the blast is one of those cool blue light things, but it ususally hits you when you're not looking for it.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sitka on 2005-02-22 09:33 ]</font>

Ryna
Feb 22, 2005, 12:33 PM
It looks like the ground beam, except the Nano Dragon launched it while flying. The Nano typically only initiates it after being attacked several times while flying.

Fefnir
Feb 22, 2005, 12:35 PM
Is there a charge time for the aerial beam like there is for the ground beam? Stronger? Weaker? I've never seen it either... Curious and crap...

Ryna
Feb 22, 2005, 12:38 PM
On 2005-02-22 09:35, Fefnir wrote:
Is there a charge time for the aerial beam like there is for the ground beam? Stronger? Weaker? I've never seen it either... Curious and crap...

I've only really seen the Aerial beam while using a FO in ep1 c2 - c4. If the Nano is in the air and you cast a certain number of Barta spells, it will use it. You can hear the Dragon charging the laser, but you don't have enough time to get out of the way. That beam has killed many a cmode FO that wasn't at full hp.

Seval
Feb 22, 2005, 01:58 PM
I've seen it out of C-mode... I was attacking the dragon with mech guns, and at the same time, trying to avoid ob lilies, so I couldn't keep shooting the dragon, and he took that oppertunity to attack, or something like that. >_<

Sharkyland
Feb 22, 2005, 02:39 PM
It's the same damage as the straight beam. Apparently you have to be close it's vicinity while attacking in the air, but the % of happening is pretty low.

metatime
Feb 22, 2005, 02:43 PM
Wow thats pretty awesome. There is always something new popping up in this game. I'm gonna try it asap.

Nohra
Feb 22, 2005, 05:33 PM
It's occurred to me a few times. Again, it's mostly when you harass them while they're trying to get across the room, so you should try to kill them quickly if you're going to attack them in-flight.

EphekZ
Feb 22, 2005, 05:49 PM
Its cool and all but it gets annoying after it does that to you in the same run OVER AND OVER AGAIN

Kuea
Feb 22, 2005, 07:53 PM
I've seen that move a hell of alot in cmode >_>

wasted alot of monomates due to that -.-;

Skorpius
Feb 22, 2005, 07:59 PM
I see it in normal games, and was I the one who mentioned it? >_>;

On 2005-02-21 11:41, Skorpius wrote:
You sure it's Gryphon? If I'm reading this right, it's MINUS Wind attack, so it's just Aerial beams? Nano Dragons do this, but rarely, so maybe Zuu's are the opposite.

metatime
Feb 23, 2005, 01:56 PM
Yeah thats where I got it from. Thanks Skorpius.

SLON
Feb 24, 2005, 08:06 AM
You can avoid the aerial beam in the same way you would avoid a mine; hold down the right shoulder button/Start button and run away. It helps not to run in a straight line!

PurplePower1
Feb 24, 2005, 12:08 PM
just hit it alot with the Rafoie spell. it does no damage but angers it off enough to do an arial beam.

Notos
Feb 24, 2005, 01:33 PM
I've only seen it in cmode after hitting it with my saber. It'll take off like it usually do. But it'll stop and quick charge its beam the moment it gets off the ground. It'll do this 45 degree blast right at your face. I'm not sure if it's too fast to be dodged or countered since I never expect it to do air beam. I think it happens more often if someone is shooting it while you're hitting it.

I think I seen it done high up in the air, that's probably why I said it does 45 degree beam. But it's so rare to see that. If only this game has pause function then someone can take a clean screen shot of it.