PDA

View Full Version : What the hell is wrong with PSO World

Mindshare
Jul 16, 2002, 03:32 PM
I can't believe you've started deleting comments which give you a mild (and entirely humorous) poke in the ribs.

Have PSO World moderators completely lost the plot? Are you so utterly over-sensitive that you can't cope with anything which might make you look less than God like creatures who can do no wrong. I'm starting to believe you need serious help.

Honestly - it's not natural to try and censor stuff in the way you do. I'd suggest you take a long break and get yourself back in a sane frame of mind or just don't moderate a site if you can't cope with it.

I know for a while now you've had a policy of deleting or locking anything which critisizes PSO World moderators, because you simply can't deal with freedom of speech, but this is just beyond a joke.

M.

watashiwa
Jul 16, 2002, 03:35 PM
Great. :)

LollipopLolita
Jul 16, 2002, 03:36 PM
want a corndog?

Ambrai
Jul 16, 2002, 03:37 PM
This isnt a democracy. This is a dictatorship. This board doesnt belong to you, and its a privledge that you are 'allowed' to come here. Remember that, you didn't pay a dime for this site, your a guest here, and as such, can be removed.

kthxdie~!

btw I'm speaking as a board member, not a mod 8P.

IceBlink
Jul 16, 2002, 03:39 PM
Well, you don't see me making topics about stupid users on PSOW (yes, I admit some people do show a abnormal amount of stupidity on PSOW which surprises me from time to time), because I follow the rules we made.

I believe one of the rules was no harrassing people on the site. You have complaints, send it to PM.

Posting on PSOW isn't a right, it's a privilege. As someone once said, it's like letting someone into your house. You obviously don't want the person to start smearing excrement all over the walls, right?

Ahem, I'm done. o_O

Rhete
Jul 16, 2002, 03:39 PM
On 2002-07-16 13:32, Mindshare wrote:
I know for a while now you've had a policy of deleting or locking anything which critisizes PSO World moderators, because you simply can't deal with freedom of speech, but this is just beyond a joke.

You don't have freedom of speech here. Forums are a privilege, not a right.

Mindshare
Jul 16, 2002, 03:44 PM
Dn't yu realise yu're pissing ff a lt f peple wh really want t cntribute t this place. Yu're becming really trigger happy lately with banning peple wh have the slightest disagreement with the way yu d things.

It's really gutting t see what was nce a great site ging dwn the tubes because f really pr mderation - and that's exactly what is happening. Peple wh really care abut this site are getting banned r just leaving because yu want t thrw yur weight arund.

If they didn't care, they wuldn't have an issue with the way things were ging - but I have t say that the way this site is being run smacks f ne thing and ne thing nly - pandering t the egs f the mderatrs.

When things happen that yu dn't agree with, yu lck threads but nly after yu've re-edited things t g yur way, r added your wn final cmment.

When things ccur that wuld be much mre sensibly and maturely handled in PMs r by sme ther methd, yu g every time fr the public 'lk at me, I make the rules' psting in a public frum. Clearly yu want peple t lk up t yu in sme way, but what's kinda sad is that yu're lsing respect frm lt f intelligent peple - peple wh add smething t the cntent f the site - by acting in this way.

But what's the pint - yu're really nt ging t listen t this any mre than yu listen t anyne else.

M.

-Edit- Edited out your O's, they were offensive to me.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ambrai on 2002-07-16 13:51 ]</font>

watashiwa
Jul 16, 2002, 03:48 PM
On 2002-07-16 13:44, Mindshare wrote:
You're becoming really trigger happy lately with banning people who have the slightest disagreement with the way you do things.

Actually, most of the people we've banned have been given plenty of chances and were PM'd to correct their behavior. So, I don't know where you get off with trigger happy. People are only banned immediately if an offense is major.

On 2002-07-16 13:44, Mindshare wrote:
When things happen that you don't agree with, you lock threads but only after you've re-edited things to go your way, or added your own final comment.

Yeah, and I don't agree with this thread. It's dumb.

Let me just fulfill my role and get the final comment here and lock it right now.

*lock*