PDA

View Full Version : Click me...you know you want to.

UltraVixen1982
Jul 16, 2002, 03:35 PM
anyone know anything about the new zelda? i heard it looks gay but ive played every zelda and im in love with link and his lil fairy. anyone got info on when the new zelda is comeing out? any site links? also when is it comeing out for jp? (OOoo grand theft auto vice looks)

Last_Saiyan
Jul 16, 2002, 03:43 PM
Nintendo's been always close lipped about their projects these days..they learned about spilling too much info in the past and not being able to meet with them (Earthbound 64, Nintendo 64dd, Metroid 64). So far just the few screenshots that one can find by going to gamespot, or using your friendly search engines. n_n

OMAR
Jul 16, 2002, 03:46 PM
Also the game should be coming out in feb..2003 so in the mean time you should play the game thats in my sig....also, you shouldnt care about how the new zelda looks because its a 99% guarantee that its going to be an awesome game...also the graphics to me look great...the animations are freaking awesome..it looks so smooth and like a cartoon...but anyway mario sunshine and metroid prime should have your hands tied till feb..

UltraVixen1982
Jul 16, 2002, 03:59 PM
well i dont know about you guys but i grew up with lil brothers and we had one nintendo and i had my gameboy and we loved it...we grew up on mario metroid and zeldA. also i was the RPg girl in the family! i loved it...i miss the good ol days...oh yea mega man was a kick ass game!!

OMAR
Jul 16, 2002, 04:08 PM
oh yea mega man was a kick ass game!!

mega who? whatjootalkingboutfool? is that the guy that has had about 500 sequals and about 3 of them were good? lol anyway this holiday season belongs to GC..and its about time cause they have shit out now...

UltraVixen1982
Jul 16, 2002, 04:40 PM
mega man was a good game and dont ever let me here you say anything els bad about mr mega man! yes he did have a lot of games...well thats capcom for ya!

OMAR
Jul 16, 2002, 04:54 PM
mega man was a good game and dont ever let me here you say anything els bad about mr mega man! yes he did have a lot of games...well thats capcom for ya!

sorry:(

ps...you know im just saying that because your the "PSO sex goddes" ..... MMMMMMMM

CodeName62
Jul 16, 2002, 05:04 PM
On 2002-07-16 13:35, UltraVixen1982 wrote:
anyone know anything about the new zelda? i heard it looks gay but ive played every zelda and im in love with link and his lil fairy. anyone got info on when the new zelda is comeing out? any site links? also when is it comeing out for jp? (OOoo grand theft auto vice looks)

According to the new EGM, the new Zelda starts off with Link celebrating his 12th birthday with his grandmother and his sister Arril. As a birthday present, Arril gives Link a telescope. With the telescope, Link looks up into the sky, and sees an evil looking bird being attacked by a pirate ship. Shortly, this bird drops a mysterious girl into the forest and Link goes to investigate. Then just as Link reaches out for the mysterious girl, the bird swoops down and snatches Arril, using it's talons. Link's adventure now begins.

This is all that is known about the story so far. It is unknown if this story even takes place in Hyrule, has Princess Zelda, or has anything to do with the series boss Ganon. Miyamoto is being secretive about the story.

The game has some intersting new features. One feature that caught my attention, is the ability to be more sneaky. Link is now able to go up against a wall and shimmy. This is great, becaue now you can see what you are going to get yourself into, before you proceed.

On 2002-07-16 13:35, UltraVixen1982 wrote:
anyone know anything about the new zelda? i heard it looks gay but ive played every zelda and im in love with link and his lil fairy.

Yeah, when you first see this Zelda, you'll be discouraged to play it. However, I am already use to the graphics, after just looking at all the screen shots. The review said that this game has some great gameplay. In the end that's what it's all about.

Alisha
Jul 16, 2002, 05:24 PM
Goddess* =P
megaman pwns j00!!!!

UltraVixen1982
Jul 16, 2002, 08:32 PM
well its ok omar..ultravixen forgives you...yeah now im all siked to play the new zelda!!

OMAR
Jul 16, 2002, 08:43 PM
well its ok omar..ultravixen forgives you

YAY..... wahoo ....ur the best! *no sarcasm either*

Guile
Jul 16, 2002, 08:54 PM
I have loved to play zelda...untill I saw the screen shots...and now that lil story makes it sound worse..

I don't think I will ever get used to that garbage cell shaded bullshit but I will give it a try!

UltraVixen1982
Jul 16, 2002, 08:58 PM
well like they say "dont knock it untill you hit it" or something like that...im not updated with todays slang..i heard "nasty" now means really cool...whatever!

Guile
Jul 16, 2002, 09:08 PM
I can deal what I think are bad graphis and such..but this is pushin it

CodeName62
Jul 16, 2002, 09:21 PM
On 2002-07-16 19:08, Guile wrote:
I can deal what I think are bad graphis and such..but this is pushin it

LOL according to this article Miyamoto states that they intentionally turned this Zelda into a cartoon. They did this, so that maybe if a kid was playing the game at home, their parents would think that they were watching a cartoon.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: CodeName62 on 2002-07-16 19:57 ]</font>

UltraVixen1982
Jul 16, 2002, 09:52 PM
well thats cool...lol....i guess....if you like seeing the cartoon mindlessly wounder around a town for 5 hours not knowing what the hell to do

UltraVixen1982
Jul 16, 2002, 10:08 PM
Game: The Legend Of Zelda For Nintendo GameCube
System: GameCube
Release Date: December 2002
Previewer: SpikeyMatt
Pictures By: Fingers McGraw

Details
The new Zelda game (dubbed 'Celda' by many) is, as its name suggests, cel-shaded. This move was made by the team so that they could convey classic Zelda humour and Link's various emotions easily.
And this approach seems to be working. Link shows when he's scared, tired, and surprised among other emotions.
The controls are:
A: Weapon
B: Context Sensitive
C-Stick: Manually position camera
L: Targeting
R: Context Sesitive
X: User Defined Item
Y: User Defined Item
Z: Hint

The 'hint' is actually the replacement for Up C in Ocarina of Time where you talked to Navi and she gave you a hint. This time, you have a pendant to talk to someone that helps you.

The storyline is that Link's Sister is mysteriously captured, and it is up to Link to save her. She gives you a telescope before hand (which is used much like the one in Majora's Mask, except this one is mobile and for looking at faraway islands. Link's sister is called Arill.

The mystery of Link's tunic is apparently revealed, it turns out that it is a gift from Arill. How he acquired one in Ocarina Of Time is beyond me, unless this is a different Link. Another gift is the previously mentioned telescope (although I'm not sure how this small child got her hands on either of these items.) Fingers McGraw pointed out to me that there are two different telescopes.

Well I can solve this mystery. One telescope is from a different build of Zelda, if catch my drift? They will be different depending on how far along in development the game is, and as I noticed, there were more than one version at this year's E3.

Another development is that enemies can attack each other, something first seen in games such as Quake 2.

Also noticed were the inclusion of old enemies, such as Moblins and Fire Keese.

So the game plays like an updated version of Majora's Mask, which is no bad thing, but what does it bring to the table? Well, we've already seen the cel-shaded graphics, face mechanics, but there are new weapons (such as the option to pick up defeated enemies weapons), new items, and a new boat!

Yep, early reports suggest that Link's boat plays a big part in getting around the game world. We don't know much about it yet except you have to sail with the wind just like in real life.

We will have to wait 'till SpaceWorld in August, however, to sample any more of this wonderful game
*********i got this info from zelda elaments heres the link************

http://www.rpgplanet.com/zelda/9preview.shtml

CodeName62
Jul 16, 2002, 10:16 PM
Cool site you posted. So what do you think of the way the new Zelda looks like?

UltraVixen1982
Jul 16, 2002, 10:21 PM
well i can deal with it lol....i mean zelda is about change any old school zelda fan knows that. so im up for the change!

CodeName62
Jul 16, 2002, 10:32 PM
Yeah, I know what you mean. Im not to thrilled about the way it looks, but after you look at it for awhile, it doesn't discourage you as much. Still though, what were they thinking! I find Miyamoto's reason for this, to be just a joke. I guess they just wanted some change, and for it to stand out. Perhaps they made it this way, so that it would appeal to younger gamers.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: CodeName62 on 2002-07-16 20:33 ]</font>

UltraVixen1982
Jul 16, 2002, 10:35 PM
well it does look creative in a sense...i mean the monsters look grate but i guess its becuase we saw the cool looking link on n64 and we just want him him back becuase he looked so damn hot!....i mean um...cool

CodeName62
Jul 16, 2002, 10:48 PM
I remember seeing a movie and several screenshots of Link sword dueling with Ganondorf. However, it wasn't presented in a cartoonish way. It was presented normally way with really good graphics, and animation.

When I saw this I thought it was the new zelda that would be coming out for the Gamecube. I was shocked when I saw the cartoonish Zelda. Is the Zelda that I described above another Zelda that will be released later for the Gamecube?

UltraVixen1982
Jul 16, 2002, 11:03 PM
lets pray and hope so codename...anyways u got a link to that vid? or any gamecube zelda pics?

CodeName62
Jul 16, 2002, 11:22 PM
On 2002-07-16 21:03, UltraVixen1982 wrote:
lets pray and hope so codename...anyways u got a link to that vid? or any gamecube zelda pics?

The video use to be on my freind's computer. He downloaded it off of Kazaa. I don't quite remember where I saw the screenshots. I think I saw it in a magazine, but then again I could of seen it on a web site. Sorry, it was awhile ago. I'll go searching the internet for them though. Besides, if they were in a magazine, then most likely they would be found on a site.

UltraVixen1982
Jul 16, 2002, 11:47 PM
thnx codename! if i find anything ill post it as well

CodeName62
Jul 17, 2002, 12:28 AM
Grr I still haven't found any screenshots of the footage. The only information that I found out was that the screenshots that I was looking at, was the 2000 Space World footage of Link and Ganondorf dueling on the insides of a castle.

CodeName62
Jul 17, 2002, 01:19 AM
Well, I finally found one screen shot of the footage I was describing above. Here is the link http://www.tmsword.com/cube

Your not going to like what the page has to say.

UltraVixen1982
Jul 17, 2002, 10:29 AM
i cant take it anymore im just going to flat out say it....the new zelda looks so stupid! forgive me zelda...i mean change is good but when it looks like this!? i mean they could of done a lil better job with the way link looks...but im going to have to play it first before i give my final jugement lol

Guile
Jul 17, 2002, 06:22 PM
It's bad enough a ton of people think zelda is a little kids game and think its to easy for them..but now Miyamoto has gone and made it a bad cartoon..

all thanks to crack and cement!

Ian D
Jul 18, 2002, 01:08 AM
I don't mind the cartoonish look since I'm willing to try any game no matter how it looks. I just wish some of you would forget graphics and focus on having a good time with actually playing the game.

ABDUR101
Jul 18, 2002, 01:17 AM
None of you pull your SNES or Sega's out and play them? Mine's hooked up next to my DC and X-box, and this past week I've been playing Mega Man X and Super Metroid more than X-box and DC combined.

And I have great games for both DC and X-box. Capcom vs SNK, Last Blade 2, SFA3, Morrowind, Halo, Blood Omen 2, Max Payne...

To an extent it's all about the fun, but bright colors aren't fun to play with. If looking at the screen causes me to have a headache, then it's bad, and it's not fun.

I haven't seen anything about Zelda on the GC, other than it's cell shaded. That's not a bad thing, hell, it'll remind me of the N64 version.

Really, the only reason to complain about cell shaded games are when they are obsessively bright. Some levels in Cell Damage just hurt like hell to look at, thus making the game "not fun".

Everyone will enjoy something different though http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Ness
Jul 18, 2002, 01:20 PM
Personally, I think Zelda will be a great game, but it won't be out until Febuary of 2003. So until then I'kll be playing Mario Sunshine, PSO, and Animal Crossing.