PDA

View Full Version : QUIZ! What do you think about cheating?

Jess16241
Feb 23, 2005, 12:57 AM
anyone that reads this, put the answer that you think to each question

(1)Seriously, what is wrong with cheating if you are only affecting yourself?

(2)what is wrong with FSOD'ing FSOD'ers?

(3)if you have been FSOD'ed more than 2 times, then why havent you picked up the FSOD code and taken down the character that has FSOD'ed you?

(4)do you realize that if everyone FSOD's the character that has recently FSOD'ed them, then it will drop the FSOD'ers population by an awesome amount?

(5)do u want PSO to be free of FSOD'ers? if so, then would u be willing to cheat to stop the cheaters? yes it is cheating, but cheating for a better purpose.

e-mail me on MSN if you are willing to help the fight against FSOD'ers (i say MSN because i dont have the time to check every other type of e-mail account i have)

Getintothegame
Feb 23, 2005, 01:01 AM
On 2005-02-22 21:57, Jess16241 wrote:

(3)if you have been FSOD'ed more than 2 times, then why havent you picked up the FSOD code and taken down the character that has FSOD'ed you?

(4)do you realize that if everyone FSOD's the character that has recently FSOD'ed them, then it will drop the FSOD'ers population by an awesome amount?

(5)do u want PSO to be free of FSOD'ers? if so, then would u be willing to cheat to stop the cheaters? yes it is cheating, but cheating for a better purpose.

e-mail me on MSN if you are willing to help the fight against FSOD'ers (i say MSN because i dont have the time to check every other type of e-mail account i have)

1. You're the only one cheating yourself.

2. An eye for an eye, as they say. Keep it up, and eventually, everyone will get into an FSOD war. FSODing FSODers isn't very wise. It shouldn't be happening in the first place.

3. Because I'm not going to bring myself down to that level.

4. Not nessecarily. They like the attention.

5. I will just play away from the FSODers.

ForceOfBrokenGlass
Feb 23, 2005, 01:26 AM
(1) Nothing.

(2) If you want to live with being a hypocrite then fine. Seriously it just makes you an FSODer as well so you may as well join them in FSODing everyone else.

(3)I don't care. Being the duper I am now, the only serious harm that could come of being FSODed is if and only if I get corrupted.

(4)I seriously doubt that. it'll likely cause a bigger FSOD problem. PSO Online would become "Quick Draw FSOD".

(5)Everybody wants PSO to be FSODer Free. It's just not going to happen untill the servers close. You can thank Soulja for that.

Even still, I'm not about to go out and spend $30 on an AR just so I can FSOD a few punk kids. PSO isn't worth it.

Fefnir
Feb 23, 2005, 01:37 AM
I'm fine with people cheating, as long as it doesn't get in my way.

(1)No problem here. It's not like it's really gonna matter to anyone else.

(2)Nothing. Death to all FSODers. Well, except those who can or will counter-FSOD since they're doing it for a good purpose...

(3)Because I'm too effin' lazy. I would if I felt like it, but FSODing other people just seems too out of the way.

(4)People might mistakenly accuse other people and start to FSOD them... Or use FSOD as an excuse to just pick on them... It'll just be war.

(5)Of course I want PSO to be free of FSODers. Willing? No. I'm lazy and I'm stupid, unfortunately. All I'm really looking for is a nice group of people to play with so I won't have to experience another FSOD.

Superguppie
Feb 23, 2005, 08:53 AM
On 2005-02-22 21:57, Jess16241 wrote:

If you could make really really really sure you would only affect yourself, I wouldn't object to cheating. However, I have seen way to many cheaters saying "Oh, what I do doesn't hurt you." just because they ignored how it WAS affecting me. The only way in which you are certain beyond reasonable doubt that your cheating isn't affecting anyone is to not do it online and not take any of the results of cheating online.

There could be a big story on morals here. But to me the bottomline is: FSOD-ing is wrong. So I don't do that. Not even to people that do it to me. Ofcourse I live in a country where the death penalty is out of the question, even for hopeless serial rape-killers. And i can only agree to that. I can not derive any right to misbehave to others misbehavior.

I have been FSOD'ed more than 2 times, although not much. Main answer is basicaly what I noted under (2)

Everyone? Uhh, that would lead to a spiral of revenge: A FSODs B. Because of that B FSODs A. Because of that A does it to B again. Somewhere in the ware C is also FSODed, and he starts taking it out on A and B. Before you know it the entire population is busy FSODing all others. Like that is the game called PSO....
Also, with the anti-FSOD measures coming available, mainly by the same means as FSOD itself, I think the FSOD-ing assholes will only have an even bigger laugh, while normal players suffer even more.

Uhhh, is that a question? Who would not want forced FSOD out of the way? (I have full confidence that assholes doing it now would find another way to be assholes, so I doubt they would object to not having that one way for it.)
Killing to stop killing is still killing. Stealing from thieves is still stealing. I will not be what I despise. So, no, I would not want to cheat to stop cheaters.

I won't mail you on it. But if you can find a way to help that does not require me to cheat myself, I am open to that.

Jess16241
Feb 23, 2005, 09:37 AM
hmmm.... very interesting answers, What?! you say that i might as well FSOD innocent characters if im gonna FSOD FSOD'ers, and someone said i have bad morals. ^.^ i thank you for answering my questions, i was mainly curious of how many would be willing to protect themselves or others from FSOD'ers, but as it seems now, no one that reads the cheater's section are willing....

Jess16241
Feb 23, 2005, 09:44 AM
oh and ForceOfBrokenGlass its Hipocrit not Hipocrite, unless im using a different dictionary O.o
think whatever you want, say whatever you want, i am above insults, if you wanna call me a hipocrit, well, fine, im a hipocrit, hehe doesn't bother me, personally it makes me laugh, hehe, you sit there and call FSOD'ers bad, but you dont consider stereotyping wrong, tsk tsk tsk, and now i question your morals.

Tycho
Feb 23, 2005, 10:24 AM
It's 'hypocriyte', not 'hipocrit'.
Also, why would you want to risk getting hurt by fighting back, while you could just hide?
That's why it's more convenient to just not play in the populated blocks, you should have figured that by now.

SJ
Feb 23, 2005, 11:36 AM
It's impossible to only affect yourself, unless playing offline.

They already have the anti-fsod code, otherwise when they fsoded a lobby, they would also get fsod.

Read above.

Read above.
There is no way to stop them really, other than killing them.

Jack
Feb 23, 2005, 12:23 PM
http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=hypocrite

As for the cheating thing? I honestly couldn't give a flying fuck, as long as it isn't corruption.

ForceOfBrokenGlass
Feb 23, 2005, 08:03 PM
On 2005-02-23 06:44, Jess16241 wrote:
oh and ForceOfBrokenGlass its Hipocrit not Hipocrite, unless im using a different dictionary O.o
think whatever you want, say whatever you want, i am above insults, if you wanna call me a hipocrit, well, fine, im a hipocrit, hehe doesn't bother me, personally it makes me laugh, hehe, you sit there and call FSOD'ers bad, but you dont consider stereotyping wrong, tsk tsk tsk, and now i question your morals.

I didn't even say that as an insult I only say it'd be the case if infact you did just go around FSODing FSODers. If you read some of the other posts I think you'd get the point. I'm not stereotyping anyone but what makes FSODing someone who FSODs people any different from FSODing an innocent person?

Would you justify killing a person you never met just because you found out they were a murderer?

soulja2244
Feb 23, 2005, 11:27 PM
why is fsod such a big deal? Just hit the power button on your gamecube twice and you're back lol

Zelutos
Feb 24, 2005, 01:37 AM
the big deal is that you lose whatever isn't equipped. Who knows, you could have just found that uber super duper weapon you've been looking forever for and your taking it to get tekked, then someone FSODs you, your game, your lobby and you just lost that item. Now, imaging your that person. How would you feel? I know i'd be uber cheesed off.

ABDUR101
Feb 24, 2005, 12:54 PM
On 2005-02-23 20:27, soulja2244 wrote:
why is fsod such a big deal? Just hit the power button on your gamecube twice and you're back lol

Appearently you have too much time on your hands if you don't think it's a pain in the ass to do that often, let alone all the stuff you could lose.

This is a repeat topic anyway.