PDA

View Full Version : Doesn't this just suck/kick ass

AUTO_
Feb 23, 2005, 02:35 PM
There's a virus going around my town called "whooping cough", it's basically like the cold only you can cough so hard you break your ribs or cause brain damage.

Well I stayed home from school today because I've had a cold, I could've gone to school, I just decided not to basically.

So turns out, I have to go an get checked for it because I'm "symptmatic" of having it (stuffed up, coughing, headaches, etc)...

What does this mean?

I can't go to school until they get the results back--which is basically before Monday.

So even if I feel 100% tomorrow, I can't go to school.

Most people would say yeehaw at the discovery of this...but playing catch up for 3 missed days doesn't sound fun to me.

This sucks?

This rocks?

I can't decide.

Kizaragu
Feb 23, 2005, 03:01 PM
Seeing as you can't go to school regardless, I say try and forget about the looming "catch up time" for now and try to enjoy the next 3 days as much as you can. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Neith
Feb 23, 2005, 03:01 PM
Sucks and rocks by the sounds of things. Im sure whooping cough is what a lot of toddlers/babies get, but obviously you can get it in later life. I had it when i was a baby http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

AUTO_
Feb 23, 2005, 03:46 PM
On 2005-02-23 12:01, Kizaragu wrote:
Seeing as you can't go to school regardless, I say try and forget about the looming "catch up time" for now and try to enjoy the next 3 days as much as you can. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

That's a good point.

ABDUR101
Feb 23, 2005, 04:13 PM
Yeah I'm sure afew days off school kicks ass, even if the consequences could mean brain damage.

Scrub
Feb 23, 2005, 04:39 PM
I've been out of school with a sickness that has me coughing like crazy and has my voice warped like I'm going through puberty again. =| I also do not look forward to the onslaught of homework I shalt receive.

Ketchup345
Feb 23, 2005, 05:01 PM
Are you two having friends/siblings/etc. pick up any work you can do? If not, doing so probably would lighten the load later on.

I feel sorry for you two, vacations are boring enough (my schools are on vacation this week, and I'm waiting for the weekend/Monday), and even worse when you're sick.

Allos
Feb 23, 2005, 07:23 PM
Never had whooping cough myself though I hear it leaves you very sore in the breathing region...

Hrigg
Feb 23, 2005, 07:48 PM
On 2005-02-23 13:39, GreyPhantasm wrote:
I've been out of school with a sickness that has me coughing like crazy and has my voice warped like I'm going through puberty again. =| I also do not look forward to the onslaught of homework I shalt receive.

Same here. I've been fine otherwise, but this cough is hella annoying.
And it sucks because isn't that annoying? Coughing every several minutes? I barely got any sleep. It is good staying home though...

Anubis_
Feb 24, 2005, 12:48 AM
Well, cold or horrific disease, i hope you get better either way..

I guess theirs no point in just worring about it, so i guess continue seeing the doctor and enjoy you're time off..

BOC
Feb 24, 2005, 07:56 PM
ah the old whooping cough! boy that was a fun week when i had that! hey man, it could be worse! least it doesn't burn when u pee. cause i mean, that would really suck!

disease in general sucks.

rock on!

PEACE!!!

Getintothegame
Feb 25, 2005, 01:21 AM
On 2005-02-23 11:35, AUTO_ wrote:
There's a virus going around my town called "whooping cough", it's basically like the cold only you can cough so hard you break your ribs or cause brain damage.

My best friend has purtussis, also known as whooping cough. He had to take antibiotics and miss school. We were around eachother for a long time, and my girlfriend might have it, so I'm going to be screwed soon.

If and when I get it, I'll tell you how it went.