A_POC
Feb 23, 2005, 05:34 PM
I've been wondering, what is the best Section ID;
and I was wonderng what you all think.

All info is appreciated.

Thanks.

Jason
Feb 23, 2005, 05:40 PM
Definitely Redria. Or Whitill. It partly depends on what character your using.

A_POC
Feb 23, 2005, 05:41 PM
ATM I'm a HUmar Redria, was thinking about making a Force, I got a good mind mag, just need a good ID.

Hrith
Feb 23, 2005, 05:52 PM
Methinks...
#1 Whitill
#2 Purplenum
#3 Viridia, Skyly or Redria, depends on what you like most.

If you have those 5 IDs, what you choose next does not matter.

Nohra
Feb 23, 2005, 06:26 PM
Yellowboze. But I'm perverse. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Terapin
Feb 23, 2005, 06:45 PM
Whats a good one for a Hunter, my first guy ended up Bluefil ....good/bad ?

Nohra
Feb 23, 2005, 06:46 PM
Bluefull's a damn good SID, if you like partisans more than swords like I do. It's also really nice if you're raising a FO on the side (red slime drops Cadu).

Skorpius
Feb 23, 2005, 06:47 PM
Depends on your class.

Skyly, Viridia, Bluefull for Hunter
Swords/Soublesabers, Katanas, Partisans. Although Skyly and Viridia get Ranger weapons as their secondary weapons (rifles/shots).

Purplenum, Whitill for Ranger
Mechs and Guldmills. Purp is a great RA ID, and Whitill is just novelty if you get your Guldmilla.

Redria, Yellowboze for Force
Rounded out, and better for FOs.

And you can always mix them up.

No ID is "The Best", as proven recently.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Skorpius on 2005-02-23 15:49 ]</font>

Nohra
Feb 23, 2005, 06:49 PM
TCH. My RAmarl is Yellowboze. c.c Secure Feet for the win.

Evil_Althena8
Feb 23, 2005, 06:49 PM
not another one of these topics...-_-......

mine are Redria, Whitill, and Oran. I don't personally care for purplenum, but that's me

Nohra
Feb 23, 2005, 08:02 PM
Bluefull for hunters... lmao

Like I said, it's good if you like partisans and are raising a FO on the side. Don't insult my HUcaseal. :<

Hrith
Feb 23, 2005, 08:09 PM
If you like Partisans, Viridia is better, and there is nothing vital to a FO in Bluefull.

Bluefull has pipable HP, easy-ish PW and Imperial Pick, only good if you already have 3 or 4 better IDs already.
Which is your case, Nohra, and also my case, I have a Lv 147 Bluefull.

Bluefull is clearly the worst ID on par with Pinkal, it should not be advised.

Skorpius
Feb 23, 2005, 08:18 PM
On 2005-02-23 16:59, Kef wrote:

On 2005-02-23 15:47, Skorpius wrote:
No ID is "The Best", as proven recently.The only thing that you proved recently, is that you're an immature moron, two examples of which are in this here post of yours.

No need to troll Kef.

If you looked at the drop charts, you would realise Bluefull is a good ID. Just becuse you don;t like it, doesn't give you any right to troll me.

EDIT:
Imperial Pick
Agito 1975
Demolition Comet
Red Partisan
Kasami Bracer
Pan Arm's Arms
Lavis Cannon (decent drop in mines)
Morning Glory (matching Whitill's drop of the same item)
Red Slicer (matching Whitill's drop of the same item)
Ancient Saber (matching Whitill's drop of the same item)

:/

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Skorpius on 2005-02-23 17:23 ]</font>

kazuma56
Feb 23, 2005, 08:18 PM
i say greenill for Rangers, I already got in a debate over this last time in a topic similar to this, but for reasons I'm not going to discuss again, is that it gets access to some of the best armors for organic characters and has the best access to the best normal weapon in the game, A high hit Demon's Laser.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: kazuma56 on 2005-02-23 17:19 ]</font>

Luis
Feb 24, 2005, 01:42 AM
Go purplenum, check the drops charts for purple they are amazing!

EJ
Feb 24, 2005, 01:59 AM
On 2005-02-23 17:18, Skorpius wrote:

On 2005-02-23 16:59, Kef wrote:

On 2005-02-23 15:47, Skorpius wrote:
No ID is "The Best", as proven recently.The only thing that you proved recently, is that you're an immature moron, two examples of which are in this here post of yours.

No need to troll Kef.

If you looked at the drop charts, you would realise Bluefull is a good ID. Just becuse you don;t like it, doesn't give you any right to troll me.

EDIT:
Holy Ray A force best friend.
Imperial Pick
Agito 1975
Demolition Comet
Red Partisan
Kasami Bracer
Pan Arm's Arms

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Skorpius on 2005-02-23 17:23 ]</font>

fix http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Never_ending
Feb 24, 2005, 06:18 AM
As Skorpius said “Depends on your class.”

I just like using Partisans, Mechguns and a few others depending on the situation.

But I’m a Purplenum and I found I only can find ONE katana… but on the other hand I can get some interesting long range weapons, some I can use so that’s a good thing.

It depends on the taste of how you fight, if there’s too many and they too tough mechgun to death.

If they not too tough then out comes a Partisans, or if they is a one highly dangerous one a saber or something which only hits one.

If you don’t like your section ID someone might and they might have the weapons you’re looking for.

That’s how I view it.

Oh well back to hunting that ONE Katana from the Dragon for my Purplenum… sigh

Hrith
Feb 24, 2005, 07:05 AM
On 2005-02-24 03:18, Never_ending wrote:
But I'm a Purplenum and I found I only can find ONE katana?
Very Hard Seabed, Agito 1991, Sinow Zele -- 1/183
Ultimate Spasechip, Agito 1980, Delsaber -- 1/1280
Ultimate Gal Da Val Islands, Agito 1975, Mericus -- 1/1280
Ultimate Gal Da Val Islands, Agito 1983, Zol Gibbon -- 1/901
Ultimate Seabed, Agito 1991, Sinow Zoa -- 1/1051
Ultimate VR Temple, Kamui, Hildelt -- 1/394

Tycho
Feb 24, 2005, 07:16 AM
On 2005-02-23 17:18, kazuma56 wrote:
i say greenill for Rangers, I already got in a debate over this last time in a topic similar to this, but for reasons I'm not going to discuss again, is that it gets access to some of the best armors for organic characters and has the best access to the best normal weapon in the game, A high hit Demon's Laser.

Just... no. ._.;
Demon's can get pwned by EDK. The enemies it works on (except Morfos and Sinow Zele), are so weak you might as well just shoot them to death with regular attacks.
Also, Lafu, Aura and Love all pwn Guard Wave. Just go get one of those and charge mechs with nice hit.

Neith
Feb 24, 2005, 08:43 AM
Hunter:
Redria,Skyly,Viridia,Whitill

Ranger:
Purplenum,Whitill,Viridia?

Force:
Pinkal or Yellowboze aint bad.

Overall: Possibly Whitill, just cause of exclusives, although Skyly is great as well.

Garm
Feb 24, 2005, 09:40 AM
Insert a name and see what you get, don't care about the ID unless it's one you have already. Period.

A_POC
Feb 24, 2005, 06:39 PM
Well from my experience (SP?) my brothers Whitill finds alot of materials and slicers.

I (Redria) find addslots every other box lol.
I get some sabers and cannon's every so often, but beside the stated that's it.

I want to go for something different than the 2 stated. I was thinking about Viridia or Bluefull for a Force but you guys said; they dont get much good stuff for a Force.

I'm lost... >.<

kazuma56
Feb 24, 2005, 08:45 PM
On 2005-02-24 04:16, Tycho wrote:

On 2005-02-23 17:18, kazuma56 wrote:

Just... no. ._.;
Demon's can get pwned by EDK. The enemies it works on (except Morfos and Sinow Zele), are so weak you might as well just shoot them to death with regular attacks.
Also, Lafu, Aura and Love all pwn Guard Wave. Just go get one of those and charge mechs with nice hit.

well it seems to work on all the enemies I used it on offline, and it works wonders on Epsilon..... not sure how that is considered worthless.

I have got an Aura Field and DF Field from my Greenill I.D. and from what I gather stat-wise, Aura is the best armor in the game.

BTW I already have charge mechs, like 10 of them all with 50 hit.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: kazuma56 on 2005-02-24 17:47 ]</font>

Skorpius
Feb 24, 2005, 08:53 PM
Demon's can get pwned by EDK.

Hell (Megid-ish shot) works off EDK. Demon's (HP cut) does not.

kazuma56
Feb 24, 2005, 08:58 PM
I thought so, but I wasn't too sure so I didn't say it.

Sitka
Feb 24, 2005, 09:03 PM
Since you have Whitil (your brother) and Redria (you), might I suggest you consider Purplenum? As far as force id's go, Purplenum is outstanding.

Purplenum is a great id: you'll get tons of L&K14 combats, so you're bound to get one with hit and that makes a solid weapon for many characters. You'll have a very easy time picking up Red Handguns, arguably one of the best ranged weapons for a force. You can pipe a Sacred Cloth. You'll have a reasonable shot at a Bringers arm and the Agito 1980 and you can pick up Smoking Plate, Attribute Wall and Tripolic Shield. Pretty solid all around id. Plus the Psycho Wand is 1/205 off of the Mil Lily.

Viridia would also be a great choice.

I would stay away from Pinkal (trust me, mine is lvl 144 and she doesn't get much of anything good) and Blueful.

Hope that helps.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sitka on 2005-02-24 21:38 ]</font>

ShadowZeroX5
Feb 25, 2005, 02:34 AM
If u ask me all the ids are good because everyone gets certain rares and mags that make that id good. Although certain ids r good for certain jobs.

Never_ending
Feb 25, 2005, 05:11 AM
Thanks for telling me but at the present moment I'm trying to work through the game on hard mode so I might be a while before I get a sword....

Do you mean those are drop points or there is more than one sword my ID character can get?

I only chose the dragon because it's the closest and besides I hate toe run to the seabed just to get confused and trapped to death.

All ID's are good no one can have a perfect ID you may like one ID but that may not have the Rare you want, and if you got the ID with the rare you want good for you.

I guess having different ID's do make people want to ask the other person for a rare and make friends.... I think (can't go online so unsure of that statement I made)

Mixfortune
Feb 25, 2005, 06:32 AM
On 2005-02-23 17:18, Skorpius wrote:

EDIT:
Imperial Pick
Agito 1975
Demolition Comet
Red Partisan
Kasami Bracer
Pan Arm's Arms

Holy Ray (as EJ added), along with HP seem to be most all of what Bluefull has going for it, excpet maybe a few scattered items here or there, maybe 2 or 3 that are 'great' drop wise.

Imperial Pick is rather meh, unless you happen to get a good hit one, but that can be said for a lot of weapons and isn't something to rely on for comparasions... Bluefull's Red Partisan drop is easily overshadowed and/or matched, and Berdysh you'd have to be online or have Plus for much chance at it.

Bluefull isn't good at Partisans, despite what the ID wants you to believe, unless you really like Gae Bolgs.

Demolition Comet, sure. Redria gets it as well though, so that depends on whether Redria has more likeable things in it compared to the rest of Bluefull, most likely that's the case.

Kasami Bracer is iffish... it's decent as far as Kasami drops normally go for, but what about Redria Sinow Blue?

4 IDs get Pan Arms Arms, including Skyly (better Caves) and Whitill.

All IDs get Lavis Cannon, and Bluefull does have a decent rate as far as that goes, but only if you don't pipe... again, Redria.

And as you said, Whitill matches the last three.

Only thing that comes to mind currently, is perhaps Sorcerer's Arm, since it doesn't really fall under many "top ID" lists, perhaps Yellowboze.

Platain Leaf.
Smoking Plate (depends, Redria may be better for it)
Gae Bolg. :/

Either way, Bluefull at most should be seen as a "supplementary" ID... I wouldn't recommend it for a main ID. The lack of armors, shields, and units... and even a proper assortment of Hunter weaponry, make it a poor main ID, unfortunately. It had potential, being a supposed Partisan ID... but it just didn't work out.

Hrith
Feb 25, 2005, 07:13 AM
Don't reply to people who have not studied charts, Mix.

The truth is, Bluefull has 3 or 4 good rares, and that's it.

The good part is, those rares are scattered in only 2 places.
Bluefull has average Forest (Imperial Pick, Agito 1975, Holy Ray, Heaven Punisher) and decent Seabed (Imperial Pick, Zanba, Soul Banish, Psycho Wand as an 11 star drop, Fatsia, Twin Brand, Secure Feet), all other areas completely suck, making Bluefull the worst ID on par with Pinkal, case closed.

Skorpius
Feb 25, 2005, 08:02 AM
On 2005-02-25 04:13, Kef wrote:
Don't reply to people who have not studied charts, Mix.

all other areas completely suck, making Bluefull the worst ID on par with Pinkal, case closed.

Try again.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Skorpius on 2005-02-25 05:03 ]</font>

Mixfortune
Feb 25, 2005, 08:08 AM
On 2005-02-25 04:13, Kef wrote:
and decent Seabed (Imperial Pick, Zanba, Soul Banish, Psycho Wand as an 11 star drop, Fatsia, Twin Brand, Secure Feet)

You know, the funny thing about that is, only Bluefull Seabed rare I've gotten was the TP/Revival, hahaha http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

EDIT: And Skorp, he said all other areas, not all other drops.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Mixfortune on 2005-02-25 05:09 ]</font>

Skorpius
Feb 25, 2005, 08:30 AM
Yeah, and?
You DO realise those items drop in other areas, right?

EDIT: You know what, fuck it. You guys can argue your opinions as much as you want. They suck, anyway, mostly because you argue them and act like they're fact. If a person wants Bolgs, guess what.. BLUEFULL. Opinion isn't fact, dsires are not fact, you can;t base fact on what you like / dislike. It doesn't work. Why can't you learn this, Kef? :o

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Skorpius on 2005-02-25 05:34 ]</font>

Mixfortune
Feb 25, 2005, 08:41 AM
On 2005-02-25 05:30, Skorpius wrote:
Yeah, and?

Yeah, and?
Lots of things drop in lots of IDs, it's really not a valid comparasion for this specific case. You have to look at the whole, not just random examples to fit the case. Yes oh look, a Bluefull can get a Gae Bolg easier than a Whitill, but what does that really mean? Does it make Bluefull a better ID, or even on par? Not necessarily.

It IS possible that some IDs can be not as good, you know... think about it. It's possible some IDs can be better in RA stuff, right? Why is that? Ask yourself how some IDs can be better than others in smaller chunks, and you'll see how it can apply to whole IDs in general.

Bluefull could have been better, but it wasn't. I'm not going to say people are idiots for playing them or something, but there's also various definitions of "best". Best what? If someone asks for best without a given definition, I'd assume (as I'd think most would) what the best ID to suggest for a single or group of a few IDs.

Now... I'm confused... are you trying to say Bluefull is the best ID? Or... if it's not the worst, which ID do you personally think is the worst?

And no, IDs aren't necessarily equal. Yes people can play the aesthetics card, but the topic creator didn't specify anything of that sort. Merely what the best suggestible ID was. Bluefull is not it.

EDIT:

EDIT: You know what, fuck it. You guys can argue your opinions as much as you want. They suck, anyway, mostly because you argue them and act like they're fact. If a person wants Bolgs, guess what.. BLUEFULL. Opinion isn't fact, dsires are not fact, you can;t base fact on what you like / dislike. It doesn't work. Why can't you learn this, Kef? http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif

I hardly argue opinions as fact http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif
Yeah, if they want Bolgs, Bluefull, and yes, we don't know what the hell the topic creator likes or wants... because he didn't say anything about it, he just said "what do you think the best ID is" and that he wants a FO. Nothing really about his aesthetic values. Generally, you go off drop rates and stats, ignoring looks, because if the person knew what looks they wanted, they'd know the items they'd want, so they'd make a topic about "what ID should I get if I want these items", not "what ID is the best". That's the difference :/

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Mixfortune on 2005-02-25 05:48 ]</font>

Skorpius
Feb 25, 2005, 09:02 AM
On 2005-02-25 05:41, Mixfortune wrote:

Yeah, and?

Yeah, and?
Lots of things drop in lots of IDs, it's really not a valid comparasion for this specific case. You have to look at the whole, not just random examples to fit the case. Yes oh look, a Bluefull can get a Gae Bolg easier than a Whitill, but what does that really mean? Does it make Bluefull a better ID, or even on par? Not necessarily.
Not really getting the point of this. Bluefull is still a suggestable ID based on what proof I gave. Just because other IDs might get different things in other places doesn't mean all those items together is bad. Bluefull is a decent Hunter's ID. I suggested it. Why is there a problem?

It IS possible that some IDs can be not as good, you know... think about it. It's possible some IDs can be better in RA stuff, right? Why is that? Ask yourself how some IDs can be better than others in smaller chunks, and you'll see how it can apply to whole IDs in general.

Bluefull could have been better, but it wasn't. I'm not going to say people are idiots for playing them or something, but there's also various definitions of "best". Best what? If someone asks for best without a given definition, I'd assume (as I'd think most would) what the best ID to suggest for a single or group of a few IDs.
Yeah, and that's why I offered more than one choice for all three classes + overall. Thanks for noticing.

Now... I'm confused... are you trying to say Bluefull is the best ID? Or... if it's not the worst, which ID do you personally think is the worst?
1.) I offered Bluefull as a choice for Hunters, given the proof.
2.) There are various definitions of "worst". The worst at what? If someone asks for the worst without a given definition, I'd assume (as I think most would) what the worst ID to suggest for a single or group of a few IDs. ;p

And no, IDs aren't necessarily equal. Yes people can play the aesthetics card, but the topic creator didn't specify anything of that sort. Merely what the best suggestible ID was. Bluefull is not it.
All IDs are equal, when you consider drop rates. Every ID has the same given chance of finding any given rare item off any given enemy. They're just seperated all over the place. Bluefull IS a suggestable ID, and I gave proof of WHY.

I hardly argue opinions as fact http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif
Was aimed at Kef, though.

Yeah, if they want Bolgs, Bluefull, and yes, we don't know what the hell the topic creator likes or wants... because he didn't say anything about it, he just said "what do you think the best ID is" and that he wants a FO. Nothing really about his aesthetic values. Generally, you go off drop rates and stats, ignoring looks, because if the person knew what looks they wanted, they'd know the items they'd want, so they'd make a topic about "what ID should I get if I want these items", not "what ID is the best". That's the difference :/
No ID is the best. You cannot suggest ONE ID for the whole game. That's why I offered more than one choice for all three classes + overall. No ID is THE BEST. That's like.. THE BEST CLASS, or THE BEST SWORD. None, you can't do it. Too many opinions, too many variables. I like Swords over Partisans, so I would suggest.. oh.. Sawd, because I prefer Gush over berserk. You just can't have ONE BEST ANYTHING in this game, and these arguments over all of it are moot.. - -;

Are we done with the "Attack Skorp's Post" crap? I offered my suggestions in a broad yet still focused way so the topic creator can still make his/her own decisions.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Skorpius on 2005-02-25 06:05 ]</font>

Hrith
Feb 25, 2005, 09:07 AM
Why can't you learn this, Kef?
Because you are too immature to teach me anything.

I used facts, whether you can face it or not is your little person's problem.

To pwn your ridiculous point: Pinkal, Yellowboze and Viridia get Gae Bolgs, too, and Gae Bolg is one of the worst rare in the game, a Claymore is better.

Partisans are very weak, and unless you get a 10 star one, they are useless.

So yeah, if a person wants Gae Bolgs, we can tell him Bluefull gets them like crazy, but it's simply stupid to advise someone a weak, useless weapon.

If you had mentioned Dragon Slayer, L&K14 Combat, Diska of Braveman or Justy-23ST, then yeah, it would have been a valid point, but mentioning Gae Bolg only proves how little you know.

On 2005-02-25 06:02, Skorpius wrote:
You cannot suggest ONE ID for the whole game.
But if you have to, Whitill wins, that was the point.

Suggesting Bluefull remains a blatant proof of ignorance (unless, like I said, the player already has 4 or 5 better IDs).

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Kef on 2005-02-25 06:13 ]</font>

Skorpius
Feb 25, 2005, 09:15 AM
Because you are too immature to teach me anything.
Yet you're the one who thinks he's badass leet on a video game. Nice one.

I used facts, whether you can face it or not is your little person's problem.
So did I. Your point?

To pwn your ridiculous point: Pinkal, Yellowboze and Viridia get Gae Bolgs, too, and Gae Bolg is one of the worst rare in the game, a Claymore is better.

Partisans are very weak, and unless you get a 10 star one, they are useless.
So? Way to go making a point that has no grounds. Opinions overrule facts when choosing. Your opinion is that a Claymore is better because it has better stats. My opinion is that Gae Bolgs are better because it's a partisan, better animation, can freeze with hit, and looks really really neato.

So yeah, if a person wants Gae Bolgs, we can tell him Bluefull gets them like crazy, but it's simply stupid to advise someone a weak, useless weapon.
Shame that wasn't my reason, or else you would have made a great point here.

If you had mentioned Dragon Slayer, L&K14 Combat, Diska of Braveman or Justy-23ST, then yeah, it would have been a valid point, but mentioning Gae Bolg only proves how little you know.
You can't find those on Bluefull. You make no sense here. Why can't you accept the fact that you aren't fucking leet? Goddamn, your arrogance is worse than mine. Get a clue, Kef. Me > You, and it will always be that way until you learn that your opinions don't rule all.

But if you have to, Whitill wins, that was the point.

Suggesting Bluefull remains a blatant proof of ignorance (unless, like I said, the player already has 4 or 5 better IDs).
I gave proof why I suggested it. Why are you attacking my post? Goddamn, nice going. Probably getting another topic locked due to your lack of acceptability that I can derail your opinions faster than a bullet train heading toward a wall.

EDIT: Took out the first part, because I decided to rip your post to shreds. ;

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Skorpius on 2005-02-25 06:22 ]</font>

Mixfortune
Feb 25, 2005, 09:28 AM
Skorp, the list of items you gave earlier weren't even over a bunch of IDs, they were in Redria and Whitill, with less than half having the same rate, and all the others having a better rate in Redria and Whitill.

And Bluefull isn't a "consolidation" ID that brings a whole bunch of IDs together... and even if it was, so is every other ID, because items are shared all over the place. You have to look past that. Even with items shared all over the IDs, there are still better off IDs anyways.

And DUH you can't suggest one ID for the game. That's obvious. But some still work at least somewhat better than others. Like I said before, Bluefull has hardly any armors, shields and units, and its choice of weaponry is easily overshadowed, and not specifically by Whitill either.

You can only suggest Bluefull for partisans if you know the person asking hopes to eventually find a high percent Gungnir or Gae Bolg. And yeah, Gae Bolg is easily findable in a lot of other IDs. All other partisans worth noting are elsewhere, for better. And not "scattered across 6 IDs, making Bluefull good", it's more like "2 IDs".

Original poster said they already had Redria and Whitill available to them. Those IDs alone knocked out the majority of your list you gave earlier. :/

No one can assume that somebody likes Partisans more than Swords or Slicers more than Guns, people... that's why generally when asked for best ID with no specifications ahead of time, Whitill wins. It covers everything, and it covers it well. If you want some specialized ID with a certain rare, GET IT. There's a reason people ask what people think the best ID is, and it's not for some random rare you think should get an honorable mention.

*looks at your last post*
And umm, way to be hypocritical?

Tycho
Feb 25, 2005, 09:34 AM
On 2005-02-25 06:07, Kef wrote:
your little person's
pwn your ridiculous point

On 2005-02-25 06:15, Skorpius wrote:
Get a clue, Kef. Me > You

I hope you people will try to omit that, and will try to not lock this topic as well.

On MSN, Skorpius wrote:

Every ID has the same given chance of finding any given rare item off any given enemy. They're just seperated all over the place.

Would you please try to further explain / prove this in order to illustrate your point?

Hrith
Feb 25, 2005, 09:35 AM
On 2005-02-25 06:28, Mixfortune wrote:
No one can assume that somebody likes Partisans more than Swords or Slicers more than Guns, people... that's why generally when asked for best ID with no specifications ahead of time, Whitill wins. It covers everything, and it covers it well. If you want some specialized ID with a certain rare, GET IT. There's a reason people ask what people think the best ID is, and it's not for some random rare you think should get an honorable mention.Could not word it better. I have a Bluefull because I wanted an Imperial Pick with hit%, I have a Pinkal because I am hunting Flowen's Sword 3077. But those 2 IDs are by far the worst in the game.

Of course Bluefull has some good drops, duh, I said it's the worst, I never said it had NO good drop. All IDs can find some good stuff, fortunately, but they are not even, not in the least.

Skorpius
Feb 25, 2005, 09:40 AM
On 2005-02-25 06:28, Mixfortune wrote:
Skorp, the list of items you gave earlier weren't even over a bunch of IDs, they were in Redria and Whitill, with less than half having the same rate, and all the others having a better rate in Redria and Whitill.
What list? Only list of items I gave were of bluefull drops.

And Bluefull isn't a "consolidation" ID that brings a whole bunch of IDs together... and even if it was, so is every other ID, because items are shared all over the place. You have to look past that. Even with items shared all over the IDs, there are still better off IDs anyways.
Yeah, and Bluefull is a decent suggestion for Hunters given the available IDs, and I still made other suggestions other than Bluefull. Still ignoring everything I said? Stop focusing on one thing and look at what I posted. Attacking me just because I menntioned one thing with irrefutable reason is fucking retarded. Disproving me isn't going to happen, sorry.

And DUH you can't suggest one ID for the game. That's obvious. But some still work at least somewhat better than others. Like I said before, Bluefull has hardly any armors, shields and units, and its choice of weaponry is easily overshadowed, and not specifically by Whitill either.
Person said they have a Redria already, right? Bluefull isn't a bad ID, and I'll tell why.

You can only suggest Bluefull for partisans if you know the person asking hopes to eventually find a high percent Gungnir or Gae Bolg. And yeah, Gae Bolg is easily findable in a lot of other IDs. All other partisans worth noting are elsewhere, for better. And not "scattered across 6 IDs, making Bluefull good", it's more like "2 IDs".
When was my reason for suggestion Bluefull become for partisans? My reasoning was that it finds decent hunter items in decent areas, partisans being a step up. And, so the fuck what about Gae Bolgs, when were Gungnirs sucky? Last I remember, they're the best melee weapon a Ranger can have, outside of ES weapons, not to mention being pretty damn good for hunters, too. Ian has a very strong likeing to Partisans, so I know wtf I'm talking about, as most of his ideas on them rubbed off on me. ;

Original poster said they already had Redria and Whitill available to them. Those IDs alone knocked out the majority of your list you gave earlier. :/
What list? The ID list? Since when was 2 IDs the MAJORITY of that list?

No one can assume that somebody likes Partisans more than Swords or Slicers more than Guns, people... that's why generally when asked for best ID with no specifications ahead of time, Whitill wins.
No, it doesn't. Because that's assuming they like the items that drop off of Whitill. Hypocritical here. I can't assume someone likes something, but you can? nice http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

It covers everything, and it covers it well.
Actally, no it doesn't.

If you want some specialized ID with a certain rare, GET IT. There's a reason people ask what people think the best ID is, and it's not for some random rare you think should get an honorable mention.
Suggest more than one, because:
And DUH you can't suggest one ID for the game. That's obvious.

*looks at your last post*
And umm, way to be hypocritical?
Learn to recognize examples, then my hypocrisy vanishes.

Quote:

On MSN, Skorpius wrote:

Every ID has the same given chance of finding any given rare item off any given enemy. They're just seperated all over the place.

Would you please try to further explain / prove this in order to illustrate your point?

If you average all drop rates in the game, by ID, you'll (more than likely) find out that every ID has the same given chance of finding any item.

For example:

Viridia and Whitill have the SAME EXACT Forest drop rate, I lost the math, so check it if you want, it's the same. Now, I also notice a pattern in all drop rates, and I'm willing to bet that if you averaged them all up, that they will all be equal.

So what?

Well, that means that any item you use to suggest for an ID is subjective, it's your opinion, you assume the person WANTS those items. There was a list of items (if that was what Mix was takling about) compliled recently Here (http://www.pso-world.com/viewtopic.php?topic=93833&forum=7&20) and from what I can tell, whitill doesnt get half of those. -_- Purplenum would be a much better choice.

But it isn't, because it's SUBJECTIVE, you can only offer multiple choices based on the specifications of the IDs, and in this case, BLUEFULL FOR PARTISANS, as they find more of them, and I don;t mean "Gay-Bong".

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Skorpius on 2005-02-25 06:46 ]</font>

Hrith
Feb 25, 2005, 09:44 AM
You only see you ego, Skorpius, you completely missed Mix's point, my point, and the undeniable facts.

Try again, until you can see the truth behind your ego.

You are wrong, 100% wrong, get over it, it's not that difficult.

Disproving me isn't going to happenWe already have, it's just that you cannot see it, it's all your problem, now.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Kef on 2005-02-25 06:46 ]</font>

Skorpius
Feb 25, 2005, 09:47 AM
Kef, read my edit.

Oh, and your opinions smell of rotten elitism. You're also not setting a decent example to fight off your sterotype. I'm done here, my points were made, tore your entire infrustruction out from under you and you're left on your ass.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Skorpius on 2005-02-25 06:55 ]</font>

Mixfortune
Feb 25, 2005, 09:55 AM

Imperial Pick
Agito 1975
Demolition Comet
Red Partisan
Kasami Bracer
Pan Arm's Arms

That list.

2. I'm not attacking you, despite what you may think I'm doing. I know you made other suggestions other than Bluefull. The point was for a main ID, or an ID that fit what they already had... Bluefull doesn't fit what they have, nor is it a good main ID. I'm one of the only ones actually using the current Bluefull line of conversation and sticking to the original topic at the same time :/

3. I know Gungnirs are good. Did I say they weren't? Don't put words in my mouth, please. I'd appreciate it.

4. Same list mentioned above.

5. It's not assuming they'll like Whitill drops, since suggesting Whitill drops is already ignoring aesthetic appeal. Hence they should be more specific, as I've stated many times before. If not specific, then Whitill is the best bet when they finally decide what kind of things they really want. Will they run the risk of being screwed if they choose Whitill and end up wanting something else? Just as much of a risk as with any other ID :/

Suggest more than one, because:
And DUH you can't suggest one ID for the game. That's obvious.

Hey, what'dya know, I said that exact same thing. I don't know if you're trying to get my words to bite me in the ass, eh... but you missed my point with what you quoted for that line. I was saying if you want a certain rare, no one should be allowed to stop you, go for what you want if you want. As Kef pointed out (as he actually seemed to see what I was talking about), you can make a Bluefull for Imperial Pick if you want, go for it, I won't stop ya, and no one else will either. You completely missed my point on what I was saying, then tried using the same argument back at me http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

And by hypocrisy, I was merely pointing out how strange it was that that particular post it was referring to seemed to risk just as much a locking of the thread, as well as bringing about the whole "opinion as fact" argument around in an amusing way http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Mixfortune
Feb 25, 2005, 09:58 AM
On 2005-02-25 06:58, Skorpius wrote:

On 2005-02-23 14:34, A_POC wrote:

All info is appreciated.

Thanks.

Goddamn..

And lo and behold, some people think Whitill.

Skorpius
Feb 25, 2005, 09:58 AM
On 2005-02-23 14:34, A_POC wrote:

All info is appreciated.

Thanks.

Goddamn..

Skorpius
Feb 25, 2005, 10:03 AM
And lo and behold, some people think you can't have just one BEST ID, hence why I suggested many.

But, no, I had to be attacked and quoted and argued with because my opinion didn't fit standards. Nice way to FUCK UP a decent topic.

Mixfortune
Feb 25, 2005, 10:05 AM
On 2005-02-25 07:03, Skorpius wrote:
And lo and behold, some people think you can't have just one BEST ID, hence why I suggested many.

But, no, I had to be attacked and quoted and argued with because my opinion didn't fit standards. Nice way to FUCK UP a decent topic.

Oh no, difference of opinions on internet forums!
Whatever shall we do!

You're only attacked if you make yourself out to be.
I don't think it was us who fucked it up. If anything, all sides coming together caused this... so don't think you're exempt from it all. I'll admit I played a part... can you?

Skorpius
Feb 25, 2005, 10:07 AM
Yes.

Can Kef? http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

geewj
Feb 25, 2005, 10:08 AM
Takes two to tango, or three in this case.

Either way, just drop it, everyone.

If you want to continue the 'debate' then swap phone numbers and do a 3 way call or something.

Luis
Feb 25, 2005, 10:32 AM
On 2005-02-25 07:05, Mixfortune wrote:

You're only attacked if you make yourself out to be.
I don't think it was us who fucked it up. If anything, all sides coming together caused this... so don't think you're exempt from it all. I'll admit I played a part... can you?

Not really, because nobody is a gold coin to be loved by everyone, that means everyone can have a diferent opinion, and that is no excuse to be attacked, and for also, that doesnt mean you cant post your opinion. whenever you like it or not, is respect what you have to give and receive. You can discuss and quote in a decent way, but there is no need to attack someone and no way that you make yourself attacked for your opinion??????????????

Think about it buddy.

geewj
Feb 25, 2005, 11:02 AM
Think about reading my post about how the subject has been dropped.

Luis
Feb 25, 2005, 11:21 AM
this kind of things happens all the time, i get used to it

Wyndham
Feb 25, 2005, 01:21 PM
I think that there is no best section ID. just choose one with items you like.
I chose Skyly, Virida (will be scrapped for purplenum after recieving a few good items.), and Pinkal.