PDA

View Full Version : My Game

WrathofGOD
Feb 24, 2005, 02:54 AM
Hey everybody! My current game project just reached Alpha stage.

If anyone has the time, please download/install and mess around in the game and let me know what you think.

Any problems, suggestions, or general comments would be great!

There are quite a few issues we are aware of, but we still have a few months before it goes gold.

You really can't do anything past the 2nd level, and networking isn't synced correctly yet, but it's playable.

That said, you really need a decent video card to play this. It runs fastest on video cards that only support pixel shader 1. But it looks best on video cards that support pixel shader 2. If the water doesn't look like it does in the screenshots, then your video card doesn't support pixel shader 2. It's playable with older video cards, but the graphics aren't as impressive.

The link to the project is in my sig.

Thanks in advance for any feedback (positive or negative).

WrathofGOD
Mar 27, 2005, 03:01 PM
Beta is now available =)

The framerate has been vastly improved. The game plays very smooth on ATI Radeon 9600 and better, and on nVidia GeForce FX 5700 and better. If your video card is older than that I can't guarantee decent graphics or a smooth framerate.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: WrathofGOD on 2005-03-27 12:07 ]</font>

Zelutos
Mar 27, 2005, 10:26 PM
Looks interesting. I'm downloading it now.

WrathofGOD
Mar 28, 2005, 01:01 AM
Changed the link in my sig to go to my own page for the game where you can view some sample gameplay videos for those wondering how the gameplay is.

ViewtifulJoe
Mar 28, 2005, 01:26 AM
before i risk frying my computer trying to do something it can't handle...

Whhat kind of game is it? I saw ships.

WrathofGOD
Mar 28, 2005, 01:47 AM
It's a 3D naval battle game. Don't worry about it killing your computer, if your graphics card is older the graphics will be scaled down. It just won't be as pretty.

Watch one of the gameplay videos on the link in my sig.

ViewtifulJoe
Mar 28, 2005, 01:57 AM
Nooooo!

I don't have something. It loads, and I get a white screen... The music is cool though. Well congratulations anyway, It sounds cool at least.

Solstis
Mar 28, 2005, 02:35 AM
I'll definitely check this out when I regain conscious thought tomorrow morning!

WrathofGOD
Mar 28, 2005, 04:02 PM
If your video card is relatively new, it might just be a matter of having outdated DirectX files. If you don't have DX9c already, you can go here (http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=0A9B6820-BFBB-4799-9908-D418CDEAC197&displaylang=en) and see if that helps (it's nice to stay updated anyway). But it sounds to me like your video card just doesnt have enough memory to handle the game.