PDA

View Full Version : PSO Item Database Program

WrathofGOD
Feb 24, 2005, 03:18 AM
Yesterday I started an Item Database GUI For PSO that allows you to keep track of all your items in an extremely convenient and easy to use program.

Well that isn't REALLY special. What sets this program apart, is that it gives you the option to generate an HTML file from your item database, that I will host on my domain, that you can use as a trade list.

I am programming this in C#.

Progress thus far:
- Pretty much done, just need to fix the typos & errors.

download (http://www.kittywrath.com/psodatabase.htm)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: WrathofGOD on 2005-03-03 12:26 ]</font>

KodiaX987
Feb 24, 2005, 07:48 AM
Think you'll have the source code also available? I know C++, and I'd take a look at your code to see the similarities and differences relative to C#. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Nicktendonick
Feb 24, 2005, 07:53 AM
Nice item program,
And Yea, this should be moved to the PSO items fourm. And If you need any beta testers for the program, PM me.

SpikeOtacon
Feb 24, 2005, 09:18 AM
Yeah, i'd beta test just for kicks. Sounds like a program that could really come in handy for some.

Dhylec
Feb 24, 2005, 09:31 AM
Nicktendonick wrote:
And Yea, this should be moved to the PSO items fourm. And If you need any beta testers for the program, PM me.

no, not quite fit in MQI - this is more on programming than about items
when it's discussion on item stats, rarity, etc.. then it's MQI

WrathofGOD
Feb 24, 2005, 01:51 PM
The project is actually in a testable state now, but I would like to spend a couple more hours on it before I make it available. My site is down at the moment, but I think I can get my girlfriend to host it for the time-being.

I will make the source code available, but its kinda ugly as it is right now, I need to reorganize it some.

So anyway, I will make the program and source code available at the next "version". Which should be sometime this weekend.

WrathofGOD
Feb 27, 2005, 04:58 PM
The program is now in "beta" state, so anyone willing to give it a try, you can download it HERE (http://www.kittywrath.com/psodatabase.htm). And please share any comments or suggestions... Also I compiled those item databases myself, so there may be errors in them. Please inform me of these so I may fix them. Thanks! =)

For anyone interested in the code for this project, you can find it HERE (http://www.kittywrath.com/Code/db.cs) (it's not integrated into the site yet).

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: WrathofGOD on 2005-02-28 01:57 ]</font>

Mixfortune
Feb 27, 2005, 05:10 PM
In weapons, there's an item called a "Blow". Not sure what that was intended to be.

Not sure if you want to include +, ++, -, -- on your units there. Non-god (under god) Power, Arm, Legs, Body, Mind have them. EDIT: DC God units of these types MAY have had possible +, ++, -, -- on them, if I recall correctly... need someone to confirm this also...

Include the ability to have negative percents on weapons. If it's for ver.3 (GC/XBox) and above, lowest is -5%... if you want to be able to include DC stuff (which I assume from the version selection field), I believe -60% is possible... but need someone to confirm that.

If I find anything else I'll let you know.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Mixfortune on 2005-02-27 14:11 ]</font>

kevlar_pso
Feb 27, 2005, 10:58 PM
I'll download it and let ya know what I think. Besides, this will give me an excuse to play PSO again. lol

Eihwaz
Feb 27, 2005, 11:28 PM
This is very useful to anyone who likes playing PSO. o_o; I say it gets added to the Downloads section of PSOW, once it's all fixed up.

WrathofGOD
Feb 28, 2005, 05:03 AM
Thanks guys, I'm going to get started on the changes soon. Unfortunately, I have 2 midterms this week, plus I only worked around 18 hours on my game project last week, so I have to make up for that this week... So I'm not sure when I'll have a "final" version. But next week is my Spring Break, so I'll have plenty of time then, if I'm not already finished by then.

WrathofGOD
Feb 28, 2005, 07:15 PM
Updated today. I will be posting my updates on the site from now on. I'll probably be making changes daily in my spare time, so stay tuned, and keep the feedback coming!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: WrathofGOD on 2005-02-28 16:16 ]</font>

kevlar_pso
Mar 1, 2005, 03:44 PM
Hey, I noticed that there wasn't a spot for the General/Battle. Other than that, I think you've got a good lil program there.

WrathofGOD
Mar 2, 2005, 03:52 PM
Thanks I added that, was also missing tech disks (pretty big oversight there), so i added those.

HUcastShinobi
Mar 2, 2005, 08:40 PM
I'm gonna go into C++ and Visual Basic I & II in my High School, and I'm insanely awesome in math...

WrathofGOD
Mar 2, 2005, 09:33 PM
On 2005-03-02 17:40, HUcastShinobi wrote:
I'm gonna go into C++ and Visual Basic I & II in my High School, and I'm insanely awesome in math...

Okay?

... If you're serious about being a programmer though, I wouldn't waste time on Visual Basic.

WrathofGOD
Mar 4, 2005, 11:13 AM
I added the entire project source to the site for those who wish to actually compile and play around with the project. I also wrote a manual, and added a little troubleshooting section for 1 problem that I am aware of.

Also as a note (i may put this on my site too), My final updates to this project will NOT change the format of my loading/saving of the databases. Therefore if you actually like the program, you can go ahead and create your databases, and not have to worry about them not working when I update.

WrathofGOD
Mar 11, 2005, 05:37 AM
Major update tonight! so tired =(

Jess16241
Mar 11, 2005, 10:24 AM
On 2005-02-27 14:10, Mixfortune wrote:
Not sure if you want to include +, ++, -, -- on your units there. Non-god (under god) Power, Arm, Legs, Body, Mind have them. EDIT: DC God units of these types MAY have had possible +, ++, -, -- on them, if I recall correctly... need someone to confirm this also...

not sure, i have some god/mind++ for gc, so it may be possible