PDA

View Full Version : Drop rate on Purplenum Frozen Shooter.

Hawkeye32
Feb 24, 2005, 05:18 PM
I was curious if anyone knew what the drop rate was on the frozen shooter. I spent a couple hours piping Hildetorrs and managed to get 3 spawns but none of them dropped the FS. Also are there any offline quests that have rooms with more than 2 Hildelt spawns at a single time? I was running Forest of Sorrow since it spawns alot of Hildelts if your killing your way through but for piping purposes there are only rooms of 2 at a time.

Baphomet
Feb 24, 2005, 05:36 PM
It's 50% chance of drop, sounds like you were just unlucky, my first didnt drop it either, gonna try again tonight. But it took my 43 pal rappies to get an angel harp so what is 4 or 5 torrs. as for camping spots in forest of sorrow you can get 4 to spawn in the last room. you start with 2, go into the room and a third spawns, kill it, another spawns, kill that one and 2 more spawn giving you 4.

CrazyJ
Feb 24, 2005, 11:17 PM
the best way though is to just fly through FoS and head right for Forest 2. Kill everything normally and then restart the quest. Repeat until you've gotten what you're looking for and you'll be leveling in the process.

Piping for Torrs rarely seems to work for me.

Best of luck

-- J

Luis
Feb 24, 2005, 11:21 PM
i got my very first fs at the 7th torr, dont quit hunting this game is based on constancy.

Zelgadis
Feb 25, 2005, 03:59 PM
It's just a matter of luck really. I got an FS to drop off the first Hildetorr I ever seen. So I figured to go look for some more. I've recived only one more since starting the hunt...but then again...I only piped for that one extra. Course...I have crazy luck in finding rares. On a side note. I recieved yet ANOTHER meteor cudgel. This one has decent stats so I might trade it off when I get online.

BIZKIT
Feb 25, 2005, 06:25 PM
On 2005-02-25 12:59, Zelgadis wrote:
It's just a matter of luck really. I got an FS to drop off the first Hildetorr I ever seen.

That's how it was with me...my first hildertorr with my greennil ranger= my frozen shooter. It's an awesome weapon. I piped the 4 hildertorrs in the last room of forest 2 to get mine. it took maybe an hour or so

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: BIZKIT on 2005-02-25 15:25 ]</font>