PDA

View Full Version : finding godbattle and chain sawd with purple

Luis
Feb 25, 2005, 04:24 PM
in my opinion this is a good way to hunt rares from one id using another id, i am starting doing this since 2 weeks ago, and its seems kinda fun, what i am doing is plug 2 controllers to my cube and since the first player set the game id, i choose the first player any lvl 80 char with the id that i want and on the second controller i plug my main char. the pro of doing this is, i dont have another player that can take my drops, even if i called it, its risky to play with another person (that may take the drop) depending on the trustworthy of your friend, there are more monsters that single player, and less dificult than online game, since is 2 player game, the bad thing is you play with the half of the screen what do you think about it?

Zelgadis
Feb 25, 2005, 04:30 PM
Personally. I'd work a Redria up for a God/Battle. And for a Chain Sawd. A skyly. But that would be me...I have an extreme patience when it comes to getting to ultimate.

DezoPenguin
Feb 25, 2005, 04:41 PM
Well, it doesn't sound impossible to me. It lets you spend the time and energy on getting experience with the character you want, and if you don't get a headache playing with that half-size screen, more power to you.

You picked a lousy example with God/Battle, though, because you're way more likely to get a Hildelt drop in Forest of Sorrow than in a multimode run.

Another possible flaw--I genuinely don't know if floor switches in multimode work like they do online, requiring people to stand on them simultaneously. If so that could prevent access to areas if you're "soloing," unless you drag the second character along, too.

A final potential problem is that the first character would need to have the requisite area open, which could be trouble if what you want is in Seabed or the like.

Still, under limited circumstances, the idea could be useful.

Luis
Feb 25, 2005, 04:48 PM
well depending on what lvl is your first char, the id one, the redia that we are talking about it, is lvl 145, with a amazing lucky megid 30, she can do solo forest of sorrow, in about 8 minutes or 10 minutes, but the skyly one is just lvl 91, a ramarl, and she cant do caves as fastest as my ramar lvl 171 by now, and i expect to get my whitill on lvl 80 by the next week a humar, and get it to the ruins, and do ruins with the humar and my ranger, but there is no way that the humar can do ruins at lvl 80, but i cant wait to get my handgun Guld from the sorcs, and rico gear.

Skorpius
Feb 25, 2005, 05:29 PM
This is how it's done online. Someone wants an item found off of another ID, they have a friend make a game that is of the corresponding ID.

Bishop711
Feb 25, 2005, 05:33 PM
I did the same thing to find 2 god/abilities Pinkal spaceship. The only bad thing was split screens and having to control both characters for switches and keep casting shifta/deband through out the level. I got used to it though and am happy I won't have to ever do it again. I also gained like 15 of 20 levels from 170 to 190 doing this. This would only be a good idea if you had to find something like this.

CrazyJ
Feb 25, 2005, 05:39 PM
another downside to this is that you'll have to run the second character all the way through the level to go through the warp to the next area.

pain in the butt.

But yeah, if you can handle it then go for it.

-- J

Luis
Feb 25, 2005, 05:44 PM
On 2005-02-25 14:29, Skorpius wrote:
This is how it's done online. Someone wants an item found off of another ID, they have a friend make a game that is of the corresponding ID.

thats not quite easy as it sounds, there is the pro and the cons of online

+ All the screen for you
+ A Teamwork
+ Access to online quests that means more enemy of a single time (i.e mericarols)

- You are depending on the time of a friend (if he is busy or offline) you cant hunt
- This is where trustworthy comes to play
- If someone with a hacked mag (lvl>200) joins the team claiming that he is legit, forget about rares

Here are the pro and the cons of offline multi

+ You can play as many time as you want and when you want
+ Easier than online and may be faster depending on your character
+ All the drops are for you, and nobody will stole your drops

- A Painfull split screen
- You all over the way solo
- Cant access quest like PW1,2,3,4

Bishop711
Feb 25, 2005, 05:52 PM
Why is it easier than online? unless you cast s/d with a force as your second character, it is harder. Multiplayer and online are the same difficulty in my experience on xbox.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Bishop711 on 2005-02-25 14:54 ]</font>

Skorpius
Feb 25, 2005, 05:57 PM
I played offline multiplayer with friends for 5 months before I ever got online. ;o
I know the pros / cons of each, they're quite the same, actually. If you;re doing this alone with 2 controllers, I would advise against this, seeing as it's just more hassle, and not worth the effort.

Tycho
Feb 25, 2005, 06:23 PM
Offline multiplayer sucks to find most of the monsters.

Luis
Feb 25, 2005, 07:15 PM
On 2005-02-25 14:52, Bishop711 wrote:
Why is it easier than online? unless you cast s/d with a force as your second character, it is harder. Multiplayer and online are the same difficulty in my experience on xbox.

actually the game multiply the difficult depending on the number of players, we are talking about offline only

the numbers of monsters, the health, and resistances is upgraded for every member of the offline party
for single player there is the easiest number of monsters and the resistances are low, but if you select 2 players they become more and harder than 1 player and if you add another player they become more and more harder that 2 players, and 4 players offline is equal to the online game.

Luis
Feb 25, 2005, 07:18 PM
On 2005-02-25 14:57, Skorpius wrote:
I played offline multiplayer with friends for 5 months before I ever got online. ;o
I know the pros / cons of each, they're quite the same, actually. If you;re doing this alone with 2 controllers, I would advise against this, seeing as it's just more hassle, and not worth the effort.

i just found a demo comet
0/25/25/15

kazuma56
Feb 25, 2005, 08:44 PM
On 2005-02-25 15:23, Tycho wrote:
Offline multiplayer sucks to find most of the monsters.

I do the offline multiplayer thing from time to time, that's how I got a Guld off of my Greenill I.D. and my Aura Field which has 283 DFP boost!!!!, I did this because seeing 4 deldepths compared to 8-9 is a better improvement no matter how slight.

Bishop711
Feb 25, 2005, 09:57 PM
I do the offline multiplayer thing from time to time, that's how I got a Guld off of my Greenill I.D. and my Aura Field which has 283 DFP boost!!!!, I did this because seeing 4 deldepths compared to 8-9 is a better improvement no matter how slight.

that's horrible doing that for guld cuz it takes so long, or did you get lucky? you shouldve just made a new whitill char.

kazuma56
Feb 27, 2005, 04:05 PM
actually, I got my Guld in multiplayer offline without doing multiple runs, it was when me and my brother both hit lvl 90 and where braving through Spaceship on Ult, he killed a DS and it dropped a weapon, I thought it was another Justy or some other crap weapon but i was really surprized when I tekked it.... too bad it sits a 0% to all.

Never_ending
Feb 28, 2005, 06:59 AM
He's got a point about hte monsters been a bit harder.

As a crude example in Mines I play with my mate, the Robots were the first enemy and I recall hitting them with my Booma claw which killed one of them in one hit.

In multie it took two hits.

Anyway doing multiple runs is good if you're looking for rare and it helps to level up at the same time if you ask me.

BTW what is the highest level you can achieve in PSO?

is it 100LV or more?

Tareek
Feb 28, 2005, 10:39 AM
On 2005-02-25 14:39, CrazyJ wrote:
another downside to this is that you'll have to run the second character all the way through the level to go through the warp to the next area.

pain in the butt.

-- J

just 'store' the second char on Pioneer2 and pipe for him, when u need to stand on switches! =)

space_butler
Feb 28, 2005, 11:01 AM
On 2005-02-28 07:39, Tareek wrote:

On 2005-02-25 14:39, CrazyJ wrote:

pain in the butt.

-- J

just 'store' the second char on Pioneer2 and pipe for him, when u need to stand on switches! =)

but you cant do that...

Tareek
Feb 28, 2005, 11:14 AM
On 2005-02-28 08:01, space_butler wrote:

[quote]

but you cant do that...

why not?

TheOneHero
Feb 28, 2005, 11:27 AM
On 2005-02-28 08:14, Tareek wrote:

On 2005-02-28 08:01, space_butler wrote:

[quote]

but you cant do that...

why not?

Same reason why you have to wait for all players to enter a teleport. The game can't load two areas at once.

Tareek
Feb 28, 2005, 11:29 AM
[/quote]

Same reason why you have to wait for all players to enter a teleport. The game can't load two areas at once.

[/quote]

Stupid game! LOL =)