PDA

View Full Version : 9 Star Charge Weapons

Bishop711
Feb 26, 2005, 05:26 PM
What do you think about being able to buy charge weapons with high hit%?

I think it is cheap. Being able to do so much damage so easily at the expense of a little meseta...

Its disappointing knowing that anyone with any class can just buy 50% hit charge vulcans in the shop and do more damage than 100% guld milla. It might take a few hrs but it's not that hard to get them. What's the point of taking so much time to search for these extremely rare guns now...? Also these weapons have low requirements making it even worse.

XenOmega
Feb 26, 2005, 05:29 PM
I prefer The Rare Guns. More challenging to get. Look Cooler. Some CAN do more damage then charge Guns ^_^.

Bishop711
Feb 26, 2005, 05:45 PM
On 2005-02-26 14:29, XenOmega wrote:
I prefer The Rare Guns. More challenging to get. Look Cooler. Some CAN do more damage then charge Guns ^_^.

What guns can do more damage than charge?

SoulEater99
Feb 26, 2005, 05:48 PM
Rare guns show how devoted you are to the game. Thats awsome, and I like the Crush Bullet.

XenOmega
Feb 26, 2005, 05:52 PM
All Guns can do more than charge it just depends how much meseta you got http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

Neith
Feb 26, 2005, 06:35 PM
But Charge guns can do a helluva lot more if you do have the meseta. I waste off about 20k a day minimum with Charge Vulcans http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif I think it's good they sell them, because at a certain point, people tend to stop looking in the weapon shop, unless they know about the charge weps.

Skorpius
Feb 26, 2005, 06:45 PM
Charge with Hit is rare.
Maybe not as rare as Guldmilla, but it's the best a Hunter could get, in terms of Mechs.

Bishop711
Feb 26, 2005, 07:14 PM
All I'm saying is charge is too good for the time it takes to get them, and gives me less motivation to go out and find the hard rares...but i'll still get guld milla.

Dhylec
Feb 26, 2005, 07:23 PM
once you have reached lv.. say 151 or more (correct me if i'm wrong), the item shops start selling vulcans with max 50 hit - 'pipe' the shops for 'em!
save some meseta for these, then save even more for the damage they will dish out =)
every one of my chars must have these! <.<

yeah, on their look, they don't have the wow factor..
but overlook that you'll get some nice damage without putting your friendly fo to cardiac arrests =D

Hrith
Feb 26, 2005, 07:34 PM
Charge with hit, even 100% hit will still miss, the special attack is not accurate, so it will never beat Guld Milla, for instance.

I think charge is ok in only one situation: if your char's underleveled, otherwise you're just a loser to use that >_>

Besides, some specials are better than charge, quite a few actually.

Dana
Feb 26, 2005, 10:06 PM
come on kef, you know it's just a poor mans killer weapoon, i dont mind my 60hit ones, but thats just the nice ata they give but the 9000ms are by far better, and so is guldmilla.......

ps....hi kef

Arnot
Feb 26, 2005, 10:25 PM
I, personally, enjoy the benefits of Charge Weps... If you got the cash & arne't a RA, these are must haves for better protection...

Bishop711
Feb 26, 2005, 10:33 PM
On 2005-02-26 19:06, Dana_ranger wrote:
come on kef, you know it's just a poor mans killer weapoon, i dont mind my 60hit ones, but thats just the nice ata they give but the 9000ms are by far better, and so is guldmilla.......

ya they're better looking...not better in dealing out more damage though. Even if you miss 1 time they're at least just as strong if not stronger. it's messed up

CrazyJ
Feb 27, 2005, 02:21 PM
You guys seem to be missing the risk involved with using Charge weapons. If you die you lose all of the meseta you have on you so when you're revived you'd have to either return to town or use a different weapon.

There's pros and cons to EVERY weapon in the game.

Charge Vulcans in the hands of a noob are no more powerful than a Raygun +1 in the hands of a master.

-- J

Akulamenuri
Feb 27, 2005, 02:48 PM
Ive been trying to calm down on the Charge weaponry as of late (I seemed to use Charge Vulcans and Charge Calibur a bit too much IMO).I honestly think charge is too strong of a weapon, 200 a hit is nothing when you can easily sell armor lying on the ground for like 4000. Hopefully in the future PSOs, charge either does less damage or it takes a bit more meseta to use. Only time I really use charge vulcans now is in the Mines, and thats only because I dont have rare Mechguns with decent Hit.

Hrith
Feb 27, 2005, 02:50 PM
On 2005-02-26 19:33, Bishop711 wrote:
Ya they're better looking...not better in dealing out more damage though. Even if you miss 1 time they're at least just as strong if not stronger. it's messed upNo, not on the same char.

metatime
Feb 28, 2005, 12:43 AM
Kef wrote:
Charge with hit, even 100% hit will still miss, the special attack is not accurate, so it will never beat Guld Milla, for instance.

I think charge is ok in only one situation: if your char's underleveled, otherwise you're just a loser to use that >_>

Does that apply to Androids too?

P.S. How do you properly quote someone?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: metatime on 2005-02-27 21:44 ]</font>

J3553
Feb 28, 2005, 01:03 AM
Charge weapons can be quite useful at a lower level, or if you just really want to own something fast. 4 Way PB combo + Charge Vulcans + high level HUcast + Dark Falz = pwn3d http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

Skorpius
Feb 28, 2005, 02:34 AM
Why are we so worked up over Charge Vulcans? ;

Tycho
Feb 28, 2005, 05:48 AM
Charge Vulcans have nice ATA requirements for low level characters, giving them a nice excuse?

Skorpius
Feb 28, 2005, 08:46 AM
My RAcast does 150 damage to Barbles with the Charge Special at level 66. I think I should hang myself because I'm overpowered and being unfair.

Tycho
Feb 28, 2005, 09:43 AM
On 2005-02-28 05:46, Skorpius wrote:
My RAcast does 150 damage to Barbles with the Charge Special at level 66. I think I should hang myself because I'm overpowered and being unfair.

Meh. HUmars could legitimately wield a Double Cannon at level 1. ;p

With added 100-percentages even! :D