PDA

View Full Version : Its 6 months too late to say Hi, its time to say sorry

HAYABUSA-FMW-
Feb 27, 2005, 06:36 AM
Well I've been holding this in for quite some time and it has bothered me to no end. It boils down really to my own incompetence and holding a grudge. It can be further viewed as just plain insecurities and lack of social skills.

My whole life I've had a different group of friends every few years. It has been weird. People mature and move on. Yeah, part of life. I have a problem with this though. I feel excluded and left in the past everytime. The more I open up, the more I put myself in a position to be excluded and left in their dust.

High School in particular was a terrible time for me. The people I considered friends would not, and did not give me a reason to, be around me anymore. Peers my own age. I considered them as individuals with the same kind of interests as I did.

This was wrong. I just tried to fit in and stood out like a sore thumb, probably. I was always the fifth wheel, someone of no importance and a train car that could be let go.

I ended up hanging out with Freshman kids whilst I was a Senior. You don't want to know how fun that was. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif A few were siblings of my previous friends who were Senior classmen as well.

I again stood out and looked crazy by doing this. The year ended and I continued to try to hang out with these younger folk. They are still in school and I have a job. We used to find time to hang out and do things. I don't drive a car and this shows some similarity of interest and accomplishment to them.

I can't escape the prying questions of why I don't drive a car at my age(19) though.

They talk about stuff I don't care about or have no reason to. Example being 14 year old freshmen girls at school, or some teacher they don't like, or how they didn't pass their math test and have to be scolded by their parents.

I always passed my tests. I wasn't a below average student by any means. I can't relate to that, or having crushes on barely teenage girls. They are spoiled to no end by their parents when I had to work hard in school and only get a $2 a day allowance for lunch. The average lunch was about $2.50. More fun.

They always pulled some crappy jokes outta their bastard minds to put me down. Most times I would laugh along and just enjoy spending time with them. I didn't at any time make jokes about them right to their face and laugh at them to put them on the spot.
Sometimes I would be extremely angered by such behavior and let it out.

There is no reason for them to be hypocritical about menial things like pronounciation of words in another language, other than ignorance and plain immaturity. They did so and were prejudiced towards me for this. I didn't like that but didn't say anything like that if they badly mispronounced something in Japanese in front of me.

"The last straw" so to speak came when they called me to attend a movie with them. I was glad they invited me I and was looking forward to it. I waited 2 hours+ for them to meet up and they never did. Upon me calling them back several times, they said they were "Coming and almost there," then later "Oh we're at some church thing."

I asked directly:
"Why are you there if we were supposed to meet up?"
"Can you see if Shaun of the dead is playing?"
"No. Answer my question."
*talking directly into the phone but to another of the people in question in front of him*
"He won't check for us."

"Hello! I'm not your servant to go wait in the cold for 2 hours and check on some movie time for you! You can call the movie theater yourself, that's what I do if I want to know if something is playing! Forget it, its too late now."

*again to friend and not to me*
"He says he doesn't want to anymore, its too late."
*person in background*
"Wait wait tell him to wait we're almost done here."

Click.
Bitches.

They come into my workplace every so often now with a group of more rich kids who I've never seen before, and don't really care about, and spend their parents money and stare at me. I ignore them. Why would I want to look at you spoiled brats wearing $300 worth of shit your mom bought you for no good reason?!

They came in on Friday and told a cashier up front they wanted to say "Hi."

Fuck no.
Its been 6 months. Its too damn late for "Hi, lets go hang out," don't you think?

Its damn near past overdue for "We're sorry. It won't happen again."

You have my number you can call on your cell phone your parents provided for you. Oh that's right, when I called you before, I was "wasting your minutes." You don't even pay for them, sucker! You don't even know how to call the damn movie theater ahead of time either.

Hang out with those rich punks you bring in with you some more.

I always tried to be generous about birthdays and Christmas and shit but the favors were never returned.

Thanks for nothing. Oh wait, thanks for wasting a few years of my life. Stop coming into my workplace and making me look like the bad guy, or at fault. If you're not going to apologize, I have nothing to say to you anymore.

ABDUR101
Feb 27, 2005, 11:53 AM
What little bitches. Heh, reminds me of those commercials on TV where the kids are throwing a little bitch fit because they don't have their own cell phones. If ever there was a time I'd like to jump into a commercial and just strangle someone. =D

Sucks how they treated you, but it just shows that you're more mature, you can move on to better things and have a better outlook on things than they currently do. Of course the age difference draws into that, and hopefully in time they'll be at your current outlook and maturity as well, but it's not a given.

Hopefully you find, or have found, some more mature and caring people to hang out with. Best of luck man.

Daikarin
Feb 27, 2005, 04:45 PM
Welcome to mankind. Just act correctly. If you're completely conscient that you're doing the right thing, you should go with the flow.

Stand tall, and don't take any crap if you find it offensive/childish/immature.

Do the right thing, and the right path will come at you. Of course this isn't always like this, but at times like these a man has to have faith.

hollowtip
Feb 27, 2005, 05:01 PM
When I graduated, I realized I didn't really have ANY true friends. I just found out that my supposed best friend sold my Xbox that I let him borrow (I'd confront him about it but he lives like 300 miles away) and I considered him a pretty honerable person.

High School is tough, it's just one big popularity contest. At least you didn't participate, like all the other schmucks.

Did you do well in High School? You said you weren't a below average student, but did you do particularly well? The only thing I regret in high school was my laziness towards my studies. I never did homework and had a 2.3 GPA and now, Im paying for it. Although I'm pulling a 3.1 at the moment (in college), my math skills are extremely lacking.

A lot of the people I knew who were obsessed with popularity have (for the most part) fell through the cracks of society. Most of them are stuck at some JC getting mediocre grades with no direction in life, while others work at minimum wage establishments getting high off cocaine and oxyconten in their free time (those two drugs are used heavily over here).

When it boils down to it, friends are overrated. Obviously, it's nice to have them, but there's a reality to face.

Almost everyone will look out for themselves when times get rough, and leave their friends on their lonesome.

I have what many would call "friends" but I know that they wouldn't help me out if I was in trouble. If I got jumped by three guys, none of them would jump in. If some guy was talking shit to me, they wouldn't talk shit back. If I needed help moving furniture most of them would make an excuse as to why they couldn't.

Sure there is such a thing as "true" friends but I guess they are of rare nature. I haven't found any.

You don't have to have tons of friends, just find one or two good people that share the same interests as you. Or maybe find a good girl you can settle down with, I guarantee that will solve all your problems.

I don't really have any true advice I guess, just wanted to give you my experiences with a lot of my friends.

Evil_Althena8
Feb 28, 2005, 07:37 PM
Hey, you're out of High School now so you don't have to deal with dumb shit like that anymore. I am also 19 and I STILL don't drive. I know alot of people my age who don't have their liscence yet. For me, it was a personal choice, although a very very dumb one. It sucks having to get drove around by friends who are younger than you. Here is p-burg, there are a lot of rich kids. Kids that drive Audi TTs, BMW, Mercedes, etc. and that get free money and never have to work a day.

You'll find friends that are actually worth your time if you try hard enough. Sometimes they just come along. Sometimes you have to go out of your way. Things get better, trust me