PDA

View Full Version : A few questions if I may...

RoninJoku
Feb 27, 2005, 02:23 PM
A few Blue Burst questions if I may... Please, spare an old goat the time of browsing these forums for the info I need that I may likely not find. My computer is so loaded with spyware and adware that I am suffocating even now-and soon I very well may die from the lack of oxegyn... (on a side note-the funds from my bank account are steadily being drained for every second I am online.) It would be greatly appreciated if you could save me the time and effort-and pain...

Ok soooo...

1) How does the saving work exactly? I have heard that it is server side, but I'm afraid i'm not as aquainted with the term as I could be... Does that mean it works in the same way that-oh, say-FFXI works-That my character's data, the very soul of him/her, would be contained on some seperate containment vessel that is out of my reach? I do very much distaste this idea, as it impedes on my sense of control, and other things...

2) May I ask for someone to point me to the specific system specs that the game requires? If not I understand that this answer can be found with relative ease-and perhaps my laziness or my computers impotence is preventing me from doing so...

3) How do the new areas work exactly? Do they run on a seperate track from, but parallel in difficulty to episode 1 & 2 areas-As episode 2 did when released? Is there a new sect of pioneer 2 that will provide transportaion? Are there any repeated enemies or bossess(by that I mean enemies that work in the exact way that a previous enemy but perhaps with a graphical and statistical change)? Or perhaps they have been added in the form of quests such as the Tower areas were... Please enlighten me...

4) Lobby actions: Am I correct in thinking that they can now be performed anywhere and at anytime? A simple yes or no would be fully appropriate...

5) Will this game be coming out for the system known as gamecube?

Hahaha... no... I jest... I jest...

6) And lastly, how exactly is the hierarchy of social groups thus far? If my assumptions of the game are true-then hacking is near impossible. Have the cheaters simply given up their ways in this game? Have they become frustrated and hostile? Or perhaps they have not jumped to this ship at all... Also, I assume the Japanese players are kind to you if you show them the same decency. Is this correct? And is it difficult to play with them if they do not speak your language?

Thank you for your time in lending your ears (or your eyes if you want to get technical)... Now, with my last breath I must apologize for asking questions that may well have been adressed on previous ocasions... I hope I was not too much trouble...

Calx
Feb 27, 2005, 02:33 PM
On 2005-02-27 11:23, RurouniJoku wrote:
1) How does the saving work exactly? I have heard that it is server side, but I'm afraid i'm not as aquainted with the term as I could be... Does that mean it works in the same way that-oh, say-FFXI works-That my character's data, the very soul of him/her, would be contained on some seperate containment vessel that is out of my reach? I do very much distaste this idea, as it impedes on my sense of control, and other things...

You are right on all accounts. I'm finding it bothers me quite a lot not to be able to play the game offline -- not to be able to take my save out 5 years from now and get all nostalgic like I can with other versions of PSO. Like you said, it's too much out of my control, but I guess this is something we'll have to get used to in online RPGs from now on as companies try to minimize cheating.

I'll leave the rest of the questions to be answered by more veteran BB players.

P.S. It'll of course be released for both GC and Xbox as well as Dreamcast and Wonderswan later this Summer. Didn't you read the stickies?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Calx on 2005-02-27 11:36 ]</font>

Tancient
Feb 27, 2005, 07:05 PM
On 2005-02-27 11:23, RurouniJoku wrote:
2) May I ask for someone to point me to the specific system specs that the game requires? If not I understand that this answer can be found with relative ease-and perhaps my laziness or my computers impotence is preventing me from doing so...

http://psobb.jp/first/pregame/conf.html
Do understand that unless your computer is actually using the Japanese OS, you will need more ram to compensate for the IME.

3) How do the new areas work exactly? Do they run on a seperate track from, but parallel in difficulty to episode 1 & 2 areas-As episode 2 did when released? Is there a new sect of pioneer 2 that will provide transportaion? Are there any repeated enemies or bossess(by that I mean enemies that work in the exact way that a previous enemy but perhaps with a graphical and statistical change)? Or perhaps they have been added in the form of quests such as the Tower areas were... Please enlighten me...

Yeah, somewhat like ep2. They're releasing the areas in installments, and they currently are using the ep1 Pioneer2. There is a few videos uploaded that you could take a look at and see the enemies, its one of the tops here under general. So far we don't have a boss yet, though more areas are supposed to be up in the beginning of March.

Blue Burst itself has a ton of Government quests to go through, gives more in-depth story, and also is required to unlock the areas and get to hard mode (besides the lvl 20 level requirement) but once you do it the first time, then all the areas for that episode are unlocked in every difficulty.

4) Lobby actions: Am I correct in thinking that they can now be performed anywhere and at anytime? A simple yes or no would be fully appropriate...

Yes, if you pay for your HL. Trial accounts can only do it in Lobby.

5) Will this game be coming out for the system known as gamecube?

Hahaha... no... I jest... I jest...

6) And lastly, how exactly is the hierarchy of social groups thus far? If my assumptions of the game are true-then hacking is near impossible. Have the cheaters simply given up their ways in this game? Have they become frustrated and hostile? Or perhaps they have not jumped to this ship at all... Also, I assume the Japanese players are kind to you if you show them the same decency. Is this correct? And is it difficult to play with them if they do not speak your language?

Near impossible is correct. A few people do it, thankfully since its on PC, sega can do updates and such, and try to help with those problems. I wouldn't be surprised if cheating does become rampant with the US release though. It seems to have been the pattern with all previous versions of PSO.

Japanese players are kind usually. Some hate Americans, some don't mind at all. Some know English, etc etc. Its not hard to play with them at all. They're usually fairly nice.

Mitri3
Feb 28, 2005, 01:30 AM
well i have a couple questions about ep4.

1. are ep4 and BB the same game?
2. how come it was never mentioned in any magazines or on any websites like ign?
3. will either be released on the xbox?

Tancient
Feb 28, 2005, 01:47 AM
1. Yes and no. Ep4 is like an expansion pack, while BB is ep1+2 on PC. All BB characters can play ep4 if they have bought ep4.

2. Because you don't read Japanese magazines. The gameis currently only out in Japan, though there is a proposed release date for US.

3. No.

RoninJoku
Feb 28, 2005, 02:21 AM
IGN-I have noticed has never been very big on PSO coverage... The only place that it ever gives the series credit is that it has the only online playabe games for the gamecube. Also, (perhaps this is because I don't go there often but) IGN's PC coverage seems to be rather limited. And the layout for the PC section is confusing and difficult to find what you are looking for-Or at least thats how it was when I last visited. But most importantly, as with most popular video game magazines/websites, IGN follows hype. (period)

Oh, and thanks for the thourough response. I feel much more informed. And I'm glad someone shares my views on the server side saving issue... As for Blue Burst... I will have to carefully consider this... I wish I could get that divx codec to work on my computer... Curse this foul contraption and its bewitchedness...

Mitri3
Feb 28, 2005, 04:41 PM
thanks Tancient. poor me my computer can't play it. i guess i have to stick with ep1 and 2 for the xbox.

has anyine heard anything about phantasy star universe? will it be online?