PDA

View Full Version : Do I even stand a chance?

Neith
Mar 1, 2005, 12:17 PM
Since I live in the UK, I haven't heard if BB is going to see a release yet. Because of this, I'm starting to find a couple of items that would make my characters on GC memorable, at least until BB is released. U just want to know if you think I could get these items by, say, June?
1. Magic Rock:Moola (Yellowboze)
2.1975 Agito (Whitill)
3. Sealed J-Sword (Skyly)- Ive wanted the Sealed J for around 1 1/2 years now, does anyone here think its possible to find it before early summer?

Thanks for any replies, they're appreciated.

rena-ko
Mar 1, 2005, 12:37 PM
moola - within a day
1975 agito - within a week
sj - may take anything from 5 seconds to 5 years to find and mostly depends on how many chances you are willing to force per hour.

anyway
good luck on everything

Tycho
Mar 1, 2005, 01:29 PM
If the time you could spend on it would not be limited by school or anything... then you could get Agito within a day (if you'd know how to, I encountered Mils at this rate per day for my Psycho Wand hunt).
For Sealed J-Sword.. if you would do the first two rooms of PW4 all the time, and could manage to do a run in five minutes (12 per hour), it would take about 200 hours on average to find one. That's quite possible.

Neith
Mar 1, 2005, 01:33 PM
Thanks, rena-ko! http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif My original Skyly Hunter, Uriko, did around 200 Seaside Runs (before I came online), and killed around another 50-100 Gi Gues before she corrupted, and Terra has killed about another 50-100 as well. Problem is that not a great deal of people will do Tower or PW quests with me, and I doubt I could solo those quests at lv138. Because of this, Im usually having to resort to Seaside runs, which doesnt exactly rack up a lot of Gi Gues (1 per run :S) I just wanna find something with a hard drop rate, if anything it might help get some recognition online :S I dont think the other items will be hard, but the SJS is unbelieveably hard...

Bit
Mar 1, 2005, 02:01 PM
I made a Skyly just to get that Sealed Sword...

I think my priorities are a little off http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

RedSchwar
Mar 1, 2005, 03:34 PM
Don't try.

Anyone who has intentionally looked for the J-Sword has failed to find it. All people who have found it have done so with very little INTENTIONAL effort. The sword simply KNOWS you're looking for it, and will not drop just to spite you.

I know of people who have hundreds upon hundreds of tower runs to no avail. Don't even think you'll be any different.

Hrigg
Mar 1, 2005, 05:21 PM
You will get all but SJS before June. If you got that before June, that would be amazing. You would have to do nonstop runs everyday without taking breaks for a chance at it.

Neith
Mar 1, 2005, 06:12 PM
Yeah, I'm not holding out much hope for the SJS drop, but hell, I may get lucky (that'd be a first http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif) The thought of a legit TJS is just too much to ignore though http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

kazuma56
Mar 1, 2005, 08:27 PM
MR:moola - you will get this within a day of searching, my Greenill has found loads of this crap, and I gave them all to my Redria Fomar... good for that SM though.

Agito 1975 - I'm thinking about this as well, but with virdia, i'm offline so it may take awhile but central fire dome swirl has a decent amount of tollaws, I say maybe a month max since you're onlie.

SJS- my brother managed to find it during the summer and that was when PSO plus wasn't out he played for an hour a day (or that's what he told me anyway) and managed to get it before the end of august.
So 1 hour, probably 10 mins to do 1 Seaside run, so he probably did about 300+ runs or more to get it.

Neith
Mar 2, 2005, 03:03 AM
kazuma, whitill gets the 1975 agito from mil lily, not a tollaw http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif Thanks for the support everyone!

Tycho
Mar 2, 2005, 07:00 AM
Oh, if your character is too weak for Towers... Consider PW#1?
That quest has two Gi-Gues in the first room, if I remember correctly something like six in all of the Seaside area, but I'm not sure anymore.

That would be a lot more effective than doing regular Seaside runs.

Skorpius
Mar 2, 2005, 07:13 AM
I think it's 12 Gi Gue for the whole seaside area.

Saffran
Mar 2, 2005, 09:07 AM
Still, the first two rooms of Tower in PW4 would be better - what's so hard about 2 Ill Gills and 3 Gibbles? Plus you get 5 Gi Gues after that.
Of course, the Whole of PW4 has a lot more Gi Gues, but PW4 Ultimate is rather hard to solo (plus it's long)
The seaside part of PW1 has 12 Gi Gues, but again- it takes up quite some time to complete. The first room only has 2, but you're done with it within 3 minutes...

PatserGOUKI
Mar 2, 2005, 09:27 AM
On 2005-03-01 10:29, Tycho wrote:
If the time you could spend on it would not be limited by school or anything... then you could get Agito within a day (if you'd know how to, I encountered Mils at this rate per day for my Psycho Wand hunt).
For Sealed J-Sword.. if you would do the first two rooms of PW4 all the time, and could manage to do a run in five minutes (12 per hour), it would take about 200 hours on average to find one. That's quite possible.

emm Tycho, I think Rena-Ko made a pretty good theory. since I KNOW how to hunt items and lots of more people do, your above story is crap for: the people who don't have time to play all quests at ez NOR people who play PSO 24 hours a day and don't have a life...

So what Im trying to say is: Sealed J, nearly impossible or having a lot of luck in real life, like Rena said.
Agito in a day Impossible if you have less than 3 hours to hunt for it on that day. A week of everyday approx. 2 hours sounds more realistic! http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

PatserGOUKI

Tycho
Mar 2, 2005, 09:39 AM
On 2005-03-02 06:27, PatserGOUKI wrote:

On 2005-03-01 10:29, Tycho wrote:

emm Tycho, I think Rena-Ko made a pretty good theory. since I KNOW how to hunt items and lots of more people do, your above story is crap for: the people who don't have time to play all quests at ez NOR people who play PSO 24 hours a day and don't have a life...

So what Im trying to say is: Sealed J, nearly impossible or having a lot of luck in real life, like Rena said.
Agito in a day Impossible if you have less than 3 hours to hunt for it on that day. A week of everyday approx. 2 hours sounds more realistic! http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

PatserGOUKI

I'm aware. For Agito I said it'd only work if you had a lot of time. For SJS, I tried to calculate the time it would take, for I cannot make assumptions about whether or not he could spend that much time on hunting it, in the next few months.
I listed all of my assumptions (him being able to do the quest solo, and him taking that long to complete the quest once).
I did not make assumptions about how much time he had to play, so left it up to him to decide on whether he would have that much time left. While everyone that voted without posting made assumptions without explaining or checking them.

I do agree on what Rena said though, but I tried to at least give some more reasoning than that, and concluded if you have a lot of time, if you are strong enough to solo the first two floors of PW#4 in a short time, and are willing to do that a lot, finding a Sealed J-Sword is certainly not impossible.

Saffran: The first floor has an Ill Gill and a Del Lily, not two Ill Gills.
Skorp: Sorry, I forgot. >_>;

Neith
Mar 2, 2005, 09:56 AM
The reason I couldnt do PW4 was because:
1) My EDK sucks (bout 15), and I dont know if you can resist an Ill Gill insta-kill easily)
2) Even with 30%hit mechs, I only hit the Ill Gill around 2-3 out of 9 shots :S
3) Even with S/D/J/Z (lv20), I only did around 140 heavy when I did hit.

Tried melee, and got nowhere. Also, I dont have a Holy Ray :S Thanks for the advice, Im probably gonna try the Seaside PW quest.

Tycho
Mar 2, 2005, 07:53 PM
On 2005-03-02 06:56, UrikoBB3 wrote:
The reason I couldnt do PW4 was because:
1) My EDK sucks (bout 15), and I dont know if you can resist an Ill Gill insta-kill easily)
2) Even with 30%hit mechs, I only hit the Ill Gill around 2-3 out of 9 shots :S
3) Even with S/D/J/Z (lv20), I only did around 140 heavy when I did hit.

Tried melee, and got nowhere. Also, I dont have a Holy Ray :S Thanks for the advice, Im probably gonna try the Seaside PW quest.

Ill Gill's Death Scythe attack is not resistable at all, in any way, in Ultimate mode. Not even with 100 EDK, it's like a Meri ray. To kill them you really need... raw power. :
Not being able to freeze them is quite annoying indeed. Maybe it's just hard to solo using a HUnewearl. ._.;

Hrith
Mar 2, 2005, 08:02 PM
Drop anything that boosts EDK, it's useless in Tower.
Drop the mechs, they suck.
Boost DFP as much as you can.
Get a hit% handgun or a Holy Ray.
Use walls.

kazuma56
Mar 2, 2005, 08:32 PM
well you can use a Twin Blaze to melee them, it is effective for stopping their charge attacks and since you will be close to them, use the S/D,J/Z combo and use the special often (middle or end of combo).

Saffran
Mar 2, 2005, 10:26 PM
Ermm, people, I survive anything outside of the Meriflowers attack (which is a one hit kill) with 95 EDK, so stop the intox already...
The Ill Gill Scythe not only hits if you're lower than 90 EDK, it also hits for several times the normal damage. Jellen and Deband are a must.
And you should be able to get 50% hit vulcans from ultimate ep2 shop...

And sorry about the intox on the first floor, it's indeed one Ill Gill, one Del Lily and 3 Gibbles.

Neith
Mar 3, 2005, 04:18 AM
My bro's HUney has a 25/0/0/30/30 Red handgun, might see if I can borrow that. If that fails, I'll just keep doing PW1, I can handle that, lol. I just assumed the mechs would be good at knocking teh Ill Gill back, but it didnt work at all. As soon as I went melee, i got pwned by the deathscythe attack, lol

Tycho
Mar 3, 2005, 06:04 AM
Get teh levels in order to get stronger? Maybe a Zalure S-rank and a good Twinsaber as well.
I personally like EDK in Towers to make the Lilies seem cute, but that's just me. For one Del Lily it's not really worth it I guess. ~_~
If you could get a nice Meteor Cudgel or H&S 25 Justice with hit, maybe you could freeze the Ill guy or something?

Hrith
Mar 3, 2005, 06:30 AM
Freeze an Ill Gill with a 100% hit Cudgel would happen once in 40 hits...

H&S cannot because the special is not Blizzard, and it suffers the mechgun reduction.

I advise against mechs, because you will deal less damage overall, despite the 9 hits per combo.

And Ill Gill's purple scythe is a one-hit kill; a confused Ill Gill can kill his own kind with this attack, and Ill Gill has over 100 EDK.

Saffran
Mar 3, 2005, 08:29 AM
And Ill Gill's purple scythe is a one-hit kill; a confused Ill Gill can kill his own kind with this attack, and Ill Gill has over 100 EDK.
I noticed that as well, but came to the conclusion Ill Gills don't have 100 EDK http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

I taped my ult PW4 run last time, and after checking it, the only time an Ill Gill actually tried the "purple" scythe it didn't strike anything...
I definetely remember surviving the pruple scythe during one of the tower quests. Maybe it wasn't in Ultimate then...

Hrith
Mar 3, 2005, 09:03 AM
It's a one-hit kill in all difficulties, you were probably invicible, or getting up, etc.

Zandol
Mar 3, 2005, 09:09 AM
OMG rares are actually gay :S

they only drop when u least expect them!!
i dont bother hunting weapons anymore, if i get 'em i get 'em.

mmmm J-sword..... http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

is it just me or is that.. say.. mythical??
good luck

Neith
Mar 3, 2005, 09:10 AM
I personally dont know whether the Ill Gill scythe attack is resistable, all I know is that I didnt resist it http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif. Ideally, I need some more weapon recommendations (and yes Tycho, im gonna level up more). I reckon a 30% hit Red Handgun is a start, but if I cant hit the Ill Gill with around 230 ATA (not base), I dont know what chance a special attack has of hitting. I have a few options from what I can see.
1) Forget PW4 and do PW1.
2) Get my Whitill FO into Ult Ruins, find M-Cudgel.
3) Get another Skyly char to make game so I can use my HUcaseal and use freeze traps. This brings up whether I can trust ppl tho (if you saw a Skyly Gi Gue drop a red box, you'd be more than tempted...)

All this, for a damm sword, lol

Balbarei
Mar 3, 2005, 05:02 PM
I hade the luck to find a legit Psycho Wand in a random game, i just took the pipe down, i saw a mil lilly, killed it and then ?Special Weapon > red box was dropped, i could use it i thought WTF?!?! another club of laconium, at that time i didnt know about the drop rate/enemy for the p-wand, oh well i took it up to tekker and when i saw what it was, I COULDNT BELIVE WHAT IT WAS, it was insane....

i went to rena-ko to get some pics at it ^_^

(Rena-ko if u read this and if u remember http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif)

its all mather of luck

Bishop711
Mar 4, 2005, 06:08 PM
I only did 2 hours a day of PW4 first 2 rooms and found SJS in a week. I know I was extremely lucky but it is definitely possible to get if you are willing to put in the time.

It took about 5 min a run with a 190 racast and lvl 80 hucaseal. S reds arms helped a lot. I would recommend either racast/hunewearl or ramarl/hucast.

Saffran
Mar 6, 2005, 09:25 PM
It's a one-hit kill in all difficulties, you were probably invicible, or getting up, etc.
Well, we can then add another difference between BB and GC : I survived the purple scythe at least 10 times during PW4 today.
Loosing on average 580 HP (more or less) with Deband 30 and Jellen 30. It does have a death effect on it too, since I was the only one in the party that could survive it.