PDA

View Full Version : Invisible Guard Drop Rate Question

Sitka
Mar 1, 2005, 01:28 PM
The other day I'm playing my Fonewearl (144) and I'm using a safety heart that a friend gave me a long time ago. As I'm playing, one of the other guys questions where I got the Invisible Guard to make the safety heart.

"I didn't," I told him. "A friend gave this to me a long time ago and I've held it in storage until I could use it on my Fonewearl."

"Then it's not legit," he said. "Hell, I don't know," I said. "It's awesome, I know that."

So, I started looking into creating a "legit" version of the unit and I can't find a drop rate for the invisible guard.

Invisible Guard, according to the guides, drops in normal mode on Purplenum, Redria, Skyly, Viridia and Yellowboze off of Dark Gunners and in Redria off of Chaos Bringers.

Does anyone know the drop rates and where one would best spend their time to actually hunt one down?

Thanks.

J3553
Mar 1, 2005, 01:48 PM
PSOW's Item Database entry for this item states the drop rate:

http://www.pso-world.com/items.php?op=viewarticle&artid=63

Viridia, Skyly, Purplenum, Pinkal, Redria, Yellowboze: Normal Ruins: Dark Gunner 1/7448

Although heyf00L's guide (http://faqs.ign.com//articles/453/453744p1.html) says 1/7447. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

SJ
Mar 1, 2005, 03:54 PM
I personally dont think it's worth hunting...

Cryo_
Mar 1, 2005, 04:07 PM
Fashion item, it's worth it http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif and it's not bad either.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Cryo_ on 2005-03-01 13:07 ]</font>

Sitka
Mar 1, 2005, 04:24 PM
The invisible guard may not be worth it, but that safety heart sure is - with it on, my Fonewearl can stand in many areas with minimal, if any, damage. And a Fonewearl with a Safety Heart, Love Heart and pink/red Sato with a little red outfit and red hair looks very cute. Throw in the Scorceror's Cane or Demonic Fork for good measure and she's right on.

Thanks for the update on the drop rate. Now, I went back and checked and the normal Chaos Bringer on normal Redria supposedly drops the invisible guard as well - is that incorrect? It doesn't show up on the item database drop rate and according to HeyFool's chart, the bringer only drops a trimate.

That might make Redria the best id to hunt it on with two enemies that drop it. There would also be a chance on getting a Sacred Guard (Bulclaw), a Delsaber' right arm and the red barrier/red amplifier combination.

Now there are 18 Dark Gunners and 12 Chaos Bringer in online Endless Nightmare 4 and there are 20 Dark Gunners and 2 Chaos Bringers on Seek my Master offline. So, if Chaos Bringer drops Invisible Guard, I should hunt it online. But, if Chaos Bringers does not drop it, I should hunt the gunner in offline.

I'm going with HeyFool's chart and figuring the Bringer only drops lousy trimates. Now, timewise, are the 18 gunners in EN4 more economical than the scattered 20 in SmM?

Either way you look at it, we're talking about 372+ runs on normal ruins for an average drop rate - wow - anyone got a j-sword they need unsealed?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sitka on 2005-03-01 13:30 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sitka on 2005-03-01 14:42 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sitka on 2005-03-01 14:46 ]</font>

Skorpius
Mar 1, 2005, 04:27 PM
On 2005-03-01 12:54, SJ wrote:

http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_nono.gif

Ayala
Mar 1, 2005, 08:05 PM
I'm also currently hunting an Invisible Guard to make Safety Heart for my FOnewearl. However, I'm using the quest From the Depths to do my hunts (Ruins 2 only, since Ruins 3 only has 4 additional Gunners). It only has 13 Dark Gunners in Ruins 2 (9 if you exclude the Death Gunners), but you can get to them relatively quickly, where in EN4 and SmM you have to go through quite a bit of the quest to get to all the Gunners (EN4 can't even be soloed unless you use the pipe through doors trick, which makes it even more unpractical). I can usually do a complete run in about 5-7 minutes (depending on how distracted I get while playing the quest http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif).

Sitka
Mar 1, 2005, 08:30 PM
I'm beginning to get the idea that this will be damn hard.

Thanks for the tip and happy hunting yourself.

Tareek
Mar 2, 2005, 05:40 AM
On 2005-03-01 17:05, Ayala wrote:
(EN4 can't even be soloed unless you use the pipe through doors trick, which makes it even more unpractical).

pipe through doors trick?

please enlighten me!

Tycho
Mar 2, 2005, 07:27 AM
Invisible Guard

1/7,447 from N Dark Gunner
Viridia, Skyly, Purplenum, Pinkal, Redria, Yellowboze
From the Depths (Follow the arrows of the NPCs on the map. when you reach the room, turn right, and kill the spawn of dark gunners. remember that death gunners don't drop rares, 5 per run, of which at most 4 Darks)
1,862 runs on average

1/7,447 from N Dark Gunner
Viridia, Skyly, Purplenum, Pinkal, Redria, Yellowboze
Seek my Master (20 per run, of which at most 16 Darks)
465 runs on average
(http://www.pso-world.com/viewtopic.php?topic=92144&forum=7&25)

Something like that. Not entirely sure about which of these would be faster.

PatserGOUKI
Mar 2, 2005, 08:12 AM
On 2005-03-01 12:54, SJ wrote:

LOL, it definately IS WORTH hunting!
One of the most stupid things I hear latelty here...

PatserGOUKI

Hrith
Mar 2, 2005, 08:36 AM
And how is it worth hunting ? it's rare, only one shield can be made of it, and it's far from being the best, very far, there are a lot of better shields at a lower rarity.

PatserGOUKI
Mar 2, 2005, 09:12 AM
On 2005-03-02 05:36, Kef wrote:
And how is it worth hunting ? it's rare, only one shield can be made of it, and it's far from being the best, very far, there are a lot of better shields at a lower rarity.

as Im talking about the safety Heart (which you can make of it...)

Because it looks cool for (girl players), and forces.
its not the best, but one of them, especially for Forces with these stats: (DFP + 111 EVP + 249 ) its in the league of tripolic shield and Ragol Ring, as in stats!
In rareness, i really cannot tell... I can tell, but Tripolic isnt ez to find as well! and Ragol ring has some stupid things (dissappearing when dying) on it.

Call me 3 better shields then Kef for FO! (in stats)
Tell me which are easier to find!

Im very interested...

PatserGOUKI

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: PatserGOUKI on 2005-03-02 06:14 ]</font>

Skorpius
Mar 2, 2005, 09:28 AM
Safety Heart is one of the only made items that can have variable stats. ;o
At least as far as I've seen. I could be wrong, and I need to test it out.

Top shields:
Tripolic
Kasami
Secure Feet
Safety Heart
Standstill Shield
Rico's Earrings
Rico's Glasses

Usable by all classes:
Tripolic
Safet Heart
Rico's Earrings

It's obvious that Triploic is the best choice, but for 50% of the game's characters, Safety Heart is the best shield you can obtain. Not only does it have the best resistances for Rangers and Forces, but also provides top EVP. EVp is underrated, in my book, and at 123, is very usefull.

Tycho
Mar 2, 2005, 09:47 AM
Kef. For FOnewearls, Safety Heart is the best shield-type available (for non-resistance stats, and ignoring tech boosts). It beats Rico's Earrings, and FOnewearl cannot wear any of the other shields with uber-stats.

For Hunters and Rangers it may be more complicated (FOmarl could also wear those Glasses, but that's it), but Safety Heart is not completely useless.

Skorp wrote:

Usable by all classes:
Tripolic
Safet Heart
Rico's Earrings

Umm? These aren't usable by all classes.

PatserGOUKI
Mar 2, 2005, 09:50 AM
On 2005-03-02 06:28, Skorpius wrote:

It's obvious that Triploic is the best choice, but for 50% of the game's characters, Safety Heart is the best shield you can obtain. Not only does it have the best resistances for Rangers and Forces, but also provides top EVP. EVp is underrated, in my book, and at 123, is very usefull.

couldn't agree more...

Tripolic Is one in the league of Safety Heart, but not as cute http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif
Kasami and Secure feet have way lower DFP...
Thereby the character which can wear it is very important!
Thank you Skorpius

PatserGOUKI

Hrith
Mar 2, 2005, 11:54 AM
Tycho, nothing beat Rico's Earrings, nothing legit.

It is still not worth the rarity.

Simply going by stats:
HUcaseal = Rico's Earring / Standstill Shield
HUcast = Kasami Bracer / Standstill Shield
HUmar = Kasami Bracer / Standstill Shield
HUnewearl = Rico's Earring / Standstill Shield

RAcaseal = Rico's Earring / Standstill Shield
RAcast = Tripolic Shield / Standstill Shield
RAmar = Tripolic Shield / Standstill Shield
RAmarl = Rico's Earring / Standstill Shield

FOmar = Tripolic Shield
FOmarl = Rico's Earring
FOnewearl = Rico's Earring
FOnewm = Tripolic Shield

And all of those are less rare than Safety Heart, heh.

Sitka
Mar 2, 2005, 02:00 PM
Tycho, nothing beat Rico's Earrings, nothing legit.

It is still not worth the rarity.

Simply going by stats:
HUcaseal = Rico's Earring / Standstill Shield
HUcast = Kasami Bracer / Standstill Shield
HUmar = Kasami Bracer / Standstill Shield
HUnewearl = Rico's Earring / Standstill Shield

RAcaseal = Rico's Earring / Standstill Shield
RAcast = Tripolic Shield / Standstill Shield
RAmar = Tripolic Shield / Standstill Shield
RAmarl = Rico's Earring / Standstill Shield

FOmar = Tripolic Shield
FOmarl = Rico's Earring
FOnewearl = Rico's Earring
FOnewm = Tripolic Shield

And all of those are less rare than Safety Heart, heh.
[quote]

Side by side:

Rico's Earring Tripolic Standstill Safety Kasami
ATP: 0 0 0 0 +35
DFP: +96-109 +100 +172 +107 +96-105
EVP: +260 +238 +189 +250 +247
EFR: +15 +20 +20 +25 +28
EIC: +15 +20 +27 +25 +28
ETH: +15 +25 +20 +25 +28
Lvl: 133 102 125 123 112
Drp: 1/582 1/901 1/2 1/7500 1/1862

So, the stats on the Safety Heart compare very favorably with the other units, but getting one appears to be very difficult indeed. The Whitil Dark Bringer runs for the Rico's Earring do appear to be the way to go followed by the Standstill Shield runs off the Viridia Mil.

Thanks Kef.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sitka on 2005-03-02 11:03 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sitka on 2005-03-02 11:53 ]</font>

Hrith
Mar 2, 2005, 02:08 PM
I dunno where you got thos stats, but they're way off ;x

Sitka
Mar 2, 2005, 02:11 PM
Interesting,

I got them right off of our wonderful guides.

Item Database:

http://www.pso-world.com/items.php?op=viewarticle&artid=560&sortb...

If you have a better source for stats, I would appreciate being pointed in the right direction.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sitka on 2005-03-02 11:12 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sitka on 2005-03-02 11:13 ]</font>

Hrith
Mar 2, 2005, 04:27 PM
http://romain.bernardi.free.fr/pso/documents.rar

You'll find the right guide yourself http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

sviatgabor
Mar 2, 2005, 05:04 PM
Invisible Guards are that rare? Well, I found my 1st and 2nd Invisible Guards on the same run @ lvl 61 ORAN Fonewm on DC v2. Dunno if that helps. Noticed that ORAN wasn't listed, maybe for GC it isn't.

Hrith
Mar 2, 2005, 05:35 PM
Ya, they aren't rare on DC, but are totally useless as well.

Tycho
Mar 2, 2005, 07:50 PM
Kefka, this is only assuming Earrings has maximum stats, or at least quite a bit more than it's minimum (which is way more common).

Also, your guide says Safety Heart does not have variable stats. This is wrong. Therefore, I think it isn't as easy to conclude what you did. Especially since you took into consideration the droprates of both rares by regular means, while actually you should have listed Earring's droprate for quite decent stats, in order to be consistent.

Skorpius
Mar 2, 2005, 07:56 PM
Also, Safety Heart has 25 resists, while Earrings only have 15.

And, Tycho: All Classes = HU, RA, FO.

Hrith
Mar 3, 2005, 06:47 AM
I have made 10 Safety Hearts, they all had the same stats (used Invisible Guard with different stats 10 times), besides this comes from the game data, and cannot be wrong.

The most plausible explanation is that people who claim to have a Safety Heart with different stats aren't as legit as they pretend (and besides, the ones that claimed to have found one with different stats only has 2 more DFP).

And since the stats for the Earring can vary much more than other shields, you are more likely to find a good one.
Besides, equipment with varying stats > equipment with fixed stats, period.
Just look at Lafuteria, the best armour in DFP with base stats, yet I have 4 armours better than it (Aura Field, Luminous Field, Electro Frame, DF Field); the odds at better stats pwn fixed stats equipment, unless you go for looks, but that's NOT the subject.

So that makes Tripolic and Kasami better, too.

Those 3 shields are way better for two reasons:
-stats, pure and simple
-rarity, no matter how you look for them, Rico's Earring, Standstill Shield, Tripolic Shield, Kasami Bracer, Secure Feet and so on are not rare, especially compared to Invisible Guard.

And Skorpius, there isn't a single place in the game where you need both resistances and DFP/EVP (except EDK, sometimes, but very few shields add to EDK), therefore in places where you need resistances (Dark Falz, etc.), switch to Attribute Wall.

Safety Heart is useless, case closed.

Skorpius
Mar 3, 2005, 07:15 AM
On 2005-03-03 03:47, Kef wrote:
I have made 10 Safety Hearts, they all had the same stats (used Invisible Guard with different stats 10 times), besides this comes from the game data, and cannot be wrong.
Safety Heart has a variable EVP difference. I know this for sure. Whether it can be triggered legitimately or not wasn't the main point. FOr the sake of argument, we'll stick with the "Safety Heart has no variable stats" point of view.

And since the stats for the Earring can vary much more than other shields, you are more likely to find a good one.
Besides, equipment with varying stats > equipment with fixed stats, period.
Getting even a small amount of variable on a shield is not something that is common. Almost every damn armor and shield I have found have either been at base minimum with 1-2 stat varience, or have has 5-7 points above the minimum. Getting Earrings above Safety Heart's stats isn't something you'll get 100%.
Garunteed stats > variables. You know what you'll get, so there is no need in hutning for 3-4 items when you could already have what you want.

So that makes Tripolic and Kasami better, too.
Granted Kasami is better, but it's Hunter only, so it's invalid. Triploic is too rare to get a variance that's better than Safety Heart. I doubt anyone would want to hunt 3-4 Tripolic Shields just to get a stat variance over Safety Heart. When you take into consideration the difficulty that they are both found in, their drop rates, and amount of IDs that can find them, they're both reletively equal. Novelty drops, really, but Invisi is much easier to hunt due to being found in normal and by 2 more IDs.

Those 3 shields are way better for two reasons:
-stats, pure and simple
Safety Heart wins in this catagory, not sure what you're smoking. You can't count variable stats because they aren't 100% garunteed. That's like saying weapons with variable ATP are better than weapons without because they have the ability to do more damage (Red Sword VS Chain Sawd, for example)

-rarity, no matter how you look for them, Rico's Earring, Standstill Shield, Tripolic Shield, Kasami Bracer, Secure Feet and so on are not rare, especially compared to Invisible Guard.
Rico's Earrings has 10 less resists.
Standstill is HU/RA only, sucks to be a force.
Triploic is too rare to get a decent stat variance.
Kasami is HU only. 50% character usage > 33%
Secure Feet is Human RA only.
Safety Heart beats all of these by being Female HU/RA/FO, it's a good shield, worth hunting if you want it.

And Skorpius, there isn't a single place in the game where you need both resistances and DFP/EVP (except EDK, sometimes, but very few shields add to EDK), therefore in places where you need resistances (Dark Falz, etc.), switch to Attribute Wall.
Forest: Hildelts, Sil Dragon
Mines: Canabins, Vol Opt
Ruins: Gran Sorcerer, Dark Falz
Spaceship: Gran Sorcerer, Gol Dragon, Tech Traps
Central Control: Sinow Berill, Sinow Spigell, Ul Gibbon, Tech Traps
Seabed: Sinow Zoa, Sinow Zele, Del Depths, Tech Traps

Safety Heart is useless, case closed.
Yay for you fronting your opinion as fact, once again.
I'm not going to continue this discussion anymore. The evidence is there, you ignore it based on your own personal tastes. Safety Heart is good, not useless (facts are there) but if you don't wish to hunt it, then use other shields.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Skorpius on 2005-03-03 04:19 ]</font>

Mixfortune
Mar 3, 2005, 07:50 AM
Safety Heart isn't necessarily useless, even if going with there being better, easier to find ones... it's still better than having no barrier at all.

Now... is it worth the rarity? Well, it's more worth it then a lot of things you could be spending your time on, PSO-wise.

The thing is, a lot of "this being better than that" threads (Section ID, class) have a good air of stat sense about them (which ranger should I be for this, for example)... but when you're talking about whether something is 'worth' hunting, it turns to personal opinions, not really facts. Facts and 'worth' hardly go hand in hand when dealing with these sorts of things in PSO. This includes the look of the items you're using, although it wouldn't survive someone asking if it's worth it based on looks (which wasn't the case here, unless everyone wants to start saying "it's worth it to me")

Either way, it's far from useless. "Not as useful as <item>", perhaps, but not useless.

EDIT- Added note, all the variable armors and shields I've had and seen dropped were all over their respective spectrums <_< Just sounds like all those really low end ones you're seeing is bad luck... or maybe good luck for us...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Mixfortune on 2005-03-03 04:54 ]</font>

Hrith
Mar 3, 2005, 08:10 AM
There is not one thing you said that is valid, Skorp, not a single one.

Once again you fail miserably, because you used your experience, which is absolutely irrelevant to PSO.

All my shields have stats way above the minimum, it's just random, so fixed stats suck, plain and simple, see the Lafuteria example.

So I was right on all I said in all my previous posts:
-SH is way too rare (Tripolic is as rare, lmao); rarity alone kills the SH.
-SH has worse stats than 4 shields that are a lot easier to get, that kills your "usable by 50% of chars" pseudo-argument.
-There is no place that requires both Resistances and DFP, as you proved for us.

So SH is useless, unless:
1) you have time to waste
2) you love the looks
Both reasons being totally subjective, and I don't give a fuck about subjectivity, I just use facts (stats and drop rates, in this case), and going by facts, I'm right.

kthxbai

Skorpius
Mar 3, 2005, 08:40 AM
I have nothing better to do, so I will argue this, because it's fun ripping your posts to shreds.

Once again you fail miserably, because you used your experience, which is absolutely irrelevant to PSO.
Yes, so why do you use your own personal experience as fact?

|
V

All my shields have stats way above the minimum, it's just random, so fixed stats suck, plain and simple, see the Lafuteria example.
Again, personal experience is invalid, as you have said, so we'll ignore this part.

So I was right on all I said in all my previous posts:
XD

-SH is way too rare (Tripolic is as rare, lmao); rarity alone kills the SH.
Triplic shield is a rare item. THe fact that you may have found one doesn't mean a thing. Can't use personal experience to fight an argument, right? http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif
Going by facts (drop rate, area, enemy, IDs), Tripolic Shield is rare.

-SH has worse stats than 4 shields that are a lot easier to get, that kills your "usable by 50% of chars" pseudo-argument.
No, it doesn't. A great Kasami/Standstill/Secure Feet are useless on a FO, seeing as they cannot equip them, or did you forget that?

-There is no place that requires both Resistances and DFP, as you proved for us.

Or did you choose to ignore this for the sake of your argument, once again proving you're a fucking hypocrite?

So SH is useless, unless:
1) you have time to waste
2) you love the looks
Both reasons being totally subjective, and I don't give a fuck about subjectivity, I just use facts (stats and drop rates, in this case), and going by facts, I'm right.
You're just using your own experiences and opinions, ignoring the real facts that prove you inaccurate. If you truely were a master at PSO, you would know this. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_nono.gif

On 2005-03-03 05:10, Kef wrote:
There is not one thing you said that is valid, Skorp, not a single one.
Then why did you reply? Genius~

Now, Sitka, if you want this item, go for it, and ignore this pointless feud Kef seems to have against every word I type. You want the thing, go get it, and don;t let anyone tell you not to.

Hrith
Mar 3, 2005, 09:01 AM
On 2005-03-03 05:40, Skorpius wrote:
I have nothing better to do, so I will argue this, because it's fun ripping your posts to shreds.Yes, but in the end you still fail, even more with each reply, if that's your idea of fun, sure.

Tripolic Shield is rare.Not really, it's 1/901 in Redria, and there are 72 Ill Gills in PW#4, and even in Purplenum or Pinkal, there are 45 or so Morfos in PW#3.
I said SH is way rarer than Tripo, not that Tripo was an easy find. And I was right.

A great Kasami/Standstill/Secure FeetWhen I said "4 shields" Secure Feet was not one of them.

Seabed: Sinow Zoa, Sinow Zele, Del Depths, Tech TrapsThanks for proving again that those areas do not require resistances.

you're a fucking hypocrite?At least I'm right.

Then why did you reply?So other PSOW users do not listen to a clueless n00b like you, I don't give a fuck about you, that's why you fail.

Safety Heart gets pwned by 4 shields at least, in both stats and rarity, those are facts. Rico's Earring alone proves SH's uselessness, it has better stats, is equipable by exactly the same chars, and is a lot less rare.

Yes, SH is a good shield, but it's pointless.

Skorpius
Mar 3, 2005, 09:14 AM
Yes, Kef, we know you think you're a PSO God, you can stop your dumb shit talk any time soon. I'm not about to get banned arguing with you, so yeah. Congratulations, Safety Heart sucks, you're RIGHT! Move on.

Anyway..

Sitka, I've never actually hunted Invisi, but I have payed attention to the Gunners in EN4. EN4 isn't worth it, unless Seek My Master is much longer (It's been a while since I've done that quest). You should try both and clock how long it takes to do each.

Para
Mar 3, 2005, 09:17 AM
Just to note:

Invisible Guard Hunting on BB

On quest 4-2, you only travel in Ruins 2. In this ruins 2 variation, you will find 21 dark gunners as I recall in a span of 6 minutes max (well thats how fast I go through 4-2 with my RAmarl)

Much easier to hunt an invisible guard...

Tycho
Mar 3, 2005, 09:57 AM
On 2005-03-03 06:17, Nites wrote:
Just to note:

Invisible Guard Hunting on BB

On quest 4-2, you only travel in Ruins 2. In this ruins 2 variation, you will find 21 dark gunners as I recall in a span of 6 minutes max (well thats how fast I go through 4-2 with my RAmarl)

Much easier to hunt an invisible guard...

That's mean, I demand to get that Government quest on GC. ;-;

Tycho
Mar 3, 2005, 10:29 AM
On 2005-03-03 03:47, Kef wrote:
I have made 10 Safety Hearts

But you don't have a Safety Heart?... >_>

The most plausible explanation is that people who claim to have a Safety Heart with different stats aren't as legit as they pretend (and besides, the ones that claimed to have found one with different stats only has 2 more DFP).

I think you're jumping to conclusions about legitimacy a bit early. Also, the point wasn't the differences are small, the point was, this means there is some flaw in your theory about shield stats.

I would say your example regarding armors wasn't all that relevant, but, yeah. I must admit a good Rico's Earrings is the best shield in the game, but it's also quite hard to find one with stats sufficient to best any other shields. A Tripolic Shield with decent stats may be a better option to hunt, since it's far less rare. Safety Heart is still good, although rare, but a minimum-stat Earrings is both easier to hunt, and not quite as good, statwise, as the above options.

Happy?

Admiral_Vyse
Mar 3, 2005, 11:19 AM

Skorpius
Mar 3, 2005, 01:04 PM
Because you probably use a HUmar. ;o

Also, Rico's Earrings don;t even compare to the availability of Invisible Guard. You can find the Invisi on NORMAL MODE on 6 IDs, and you can find it at level 16, for example. To get Rico's Earrings, you have to have a Whitill that is able to withstand Ruins consistantly, which takes about level 120 anyway, and by then you could have equipped Safety Heart ;D

Go for it, Sitka, I'll root for ya!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Skorpius on 2005-03-03 10:06 ]</font>

PatserGOUKI
Mar 4, 2005, 09:42 AM
On 2005-03-03 06:14, Skorpius wrote:
Yes, Kef, we know you think you're a PSO God, you can stop your dumb shit talk any time soon. I'm not about to get banned arguing with you, so yeah. Congratulations, Safety Heart sucks, you're RIGHT! Move on.

Anyway..

Sitka, I've never actually hunted Invisi, but I have payed attention to the Gunners in EN4. EN4 isn't worth it, unless Seek My Master is much longer (It's been a while since I've done that quest). You should try both and clock how long it takes to do each.

Hi guys, relax.

To KEF> check my website, which listed the items I have with the stats. (go to armor and shields)

OR my Rico's glasses are bad OR I have a better Safety Heart.
(BTW: not custom made, but ordinary duped, long time before the made items)

Anyway, Im NOT giving up! The safety Heart is better in my opinion, AND STILL COOLER LOOKING! ha! http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Red Ring lvl 108 DFP + 150 EVP + 232
Kasami Bracer lvl 112 DFP + 97 EVP + 239
Secure Feet lvl 120 DFP + 91 EVP + 232
Safety Heart lvl 123 DFP + 111 EVP + 249
Standstill Shield lvl 125 DFP + 169 EVP + 177
Rico's Earring lvl 133 DFP + 96 EVP + 252
Rico's Glasses lvl 148 DEF + 1 EVP + 1

PatserGOUKI

Saffran
Mar 4, 2005, 11:13 AM
Sorry to jump in, but I just wanted to go back to a point where I lost the logic...

Quote:

Thanks for proving again that those areas do not require resistances.

Say, Kef, just how do you play PSO anyway?
Sure, a Gran Sorcerer can't do physical attacks, so you need magic res and not def against them, but they rarely come alone. Switching from, say, Kazami Bracer to Sacred Guard makes you lose lots of points less from their Grants, but the Merlans and Arlans and what not suddenly make 300 HP damage more per hit... so in the areas with Gran Sorcerers, you kind of need both magic res AND Def. Or an amazing amount of HPs, which is easier said than done.
I'll only take one more case, Ultimate Del Depths. Need about 95 EDK to survive their megid (and you want to survive their megid, if only when you solo offline), but the shields/armors and items you use to get there automatically prevent you form having decent Def/Evd. They shoot Megid, turn to their shuriken-like form then proceed to kill you in 2-3 hits because of your low def/evd... or one Sinow surprises you and scores a jump attack on you, dealing over 1200 HP damage... Sure, a maxed out Racast will shrug these off, but the Healing Force next to him happens to have a lot less HP, even when maxed out.

What I mean is: one could argue you don't need Def at all, since there's always a way to escape ennemy attacks, but some spells can't be avoided. The only thing against them is high Magic Res. And in some cases (like Ult DF) you need enough Magic Res to survive multiple hits high leveled spells and high enough Def to survive a double/triple Darvant attack (ignoring for a second that they can 8 hits combo you anyway, just like Ult Recon...)

DezoPenguin
Mar 4, 2005, 12:32 PM
On 2005-03-04 08:13, Saffran wrote:
Sorry to jump in, but I just wanted to go back to a point where I lost the logic...

Quote:

Thanks for proving again that those areas do not require resistances.

I'll try answering 'cause I think I followed most of the logic there.

Forest is irrelevant because the only time the Hildelts and Sil Dragon can inflict significant physical damage (remember that the Hildelt jump attack is *fixed HP damage*, not an ATP-based attack) is when your character is low enough that they probably can't equip a Safety Heart, Standstill Shield, or anything else we're discussing.

Kef specifically excepted EDK from his point. Yeah, if you're strapping on a Delsaber's Shield for EDK, you're pretty much giving up on DFP and so the whole issue is irrelevant again. That makes the debate regarding Gal De Val Island and Seabed irrelevant.

Against Dark Falz, only the Darvants inflict physical damage at all. Go for tech resistance.

Lastly, with the significant exception of a Gran Sorcerer's Grants, none of the tech-casting enemies mentioned actually do significant damage with their techniques compared to the damage they (or other enemies found with them) do with their physical attacks. In Seabed, for example, I'm *praying* for the Sinow Zoas and Zeles to start spraying ice around.

The significant threat posed by most of the tech-casting enemies consists of Shock or Freeze status, which is addressed by equipped Cure units rather than by increasing resistances.

So yeah, all else being equal it's nice to have resistances, but all else is rarely equal.

(As for my personal take on the issue, I'd rather hunt for a Tripolic or Rico's Earrings than an Invisible Guard--even if I was online--just because I'd be earning experience at the same time as I hunted. Multitasking is a good thing. ^_^ Safety Heart isn't a bad shield at all, but probably not worth the effort to hunt down UNLESS YOU'RE REALLY ATTRACTED TO THE APPEARANCE.)

Skorpius
Mar 4, 2005, 12:52 PM
Me thinks those that are opposing the shield are forgetting the main point: Sitka wants to hunt it, and he's asking which area is best. It isn't about if you like it or not, no one gives a flying fuck if you think the shield sucks, the topic is about which area is best to hunt the damn Invisi and that's that, leave the fucking argument alone. Coming in here and saying it isn't worth hunting is counter productive, telling someone what to do isn't nice, and telling somoene how to play a game is just horrible.

[ Does anyone know the drop rates and where one would best spend their time to actually hunt one down? ]

That's the topic, now get back to it.

Dhylec
Mar 4, 2005, 01:31 PM
fact: everyone is different!

if i don't lock this now, some people would get warnings, even ban..