PDA

View Full Version : Humar vs. Melee Fomar, who would win?

Omega_Nova
Mar 2, 2005, 09:34 AM
I finally started to think who would win in a lv. 200 face off, no mechguns, all steps taken for max stats. the fomar has level 30 techs and the humar has level 15 techs. Humar has Double Cannon and Fomar has Red saber. I began thinking that the Humar would win but then I considered J/Z and S/D and now I'm clueless...

Skorpius
Mar 2, 2005, 09:36 AM
HUmar.

Zanba + lack of FO defensive equipment + Attribute Plate/Wall + Sols = pwned.

Seval
Mar 2, 2005, 09:54 AM
I think the FOmar, because of level 30 S/D and J/Z. (Just make sure you don't S/D the HUmar when you're doing it to yourself.)

Omega_Nova
Mar 2, 2005, 10:00 AM
Thats what I thought but Fomar's low HP made me think

Dek
Mar 2, 2005, 10:12 AM
But why would you want to put a Red Saber on a FOmar?

There are much better weapons that you can put on a FOmar, like Soul Banish.

FOmar + Soul Banish + lv30 Shifta and Deband + Pow/Dex mag = p//n4g3 http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

biggabertha
Mar 2, 2005, 10:45 AM
HUmar with Flowen sword 3084 is much better than Zanba and less has less risk. HUmar has higher ATA therefore wouldn't miss compared to FOmar who can only rely on Grants to kill. It's the only thing that can take my HUmar down since he has 60 dark resistance. Megid 30 is actually useless on me. But this is melee so HUmar still has the possibility to annihilate FOmar if he has an S-rank with zalure...

PJ
Mar 2, 2005, 10:49 AM
Grants? To kill?

Outside Normal Mode? http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif

But seriously, soloing FOmars will do a lot more damage than HUmars.

Hrith
Mar 2, 2005, 11:46 AM
FOmar... Megid > HUmar, duh.

And if he has high EDK, that means he has low everything else, either way HUmar is pwned, he could not get near a FO in battle.

Garm
Mar 2, 2005, 12:32 PM
*look behind you, a red box*

The HUmar should be smart and use a Holy Ray or a charge wep (and keep moving). FOmar doesn;t stand a chance.

Neith
Mar 2, 2005, 01:29 PM
FOmar. With lv 30 S/D/J/Z, the force can take a bit more punishment than he could normally, allowing him to make use of the techs he has (even a melee fomar is going to have decent techs) This is of course assuming that both the FO and HU are of similar/same level. And Red Saber, Id imagine isnt the best melee FOmar weapon, isnt that why you see a lot using Soul Banish?

Klaus88
Mar 2, 2005, 03:11 PM
FOmar... Megid > HUmar, duh.

And if he has high EDK, that means he has low everything else, either way HUmar is pwned, he could not get near a FO in battle.

*sigh* n00b. have you even played battle mode? if you have you know the rules are no megid.

Omega_Nova
Mar 2, 2005, 06:54 PM
YOU.... called Kef a n00b?

Goodbye...

PJ
Mar 2, 2005, 07:03 PM
On 2005-03-02 12:11, Klaus88 wrote:
*sigh* n00b. have you even played battle mode? if you have you know the rules are no megid.

There is nothing in game that says no megid, that's just the Hunters way of saying, "I'm stronger than you, so don't ues anything that autotargets/autokills." (I'm pretty sure among these people, Zonde/Grants is a naynay)

Not to mention, no one outside the creators of PSO (And possibley various Japanese players) know more about PSO then Kef. We shouldn't even need to defend him >_>;;;

Klaus88
Mar 2, 2005, 07:07 PM
i've seen him about. nothing seperates him from other pso players apart from his ego.

the most popular pso players are Mercedes and Zen Masters not Kef. anyway...

fact of the matter is megid is frowned upon in online battle mode. any other tech is fine..

Omega_Nova
Mar 2, 2005, 07:09 PM
On 2005-03-02 10:29, UrikoBB3 wrote:
FOmar. With lv 30 S/D/J/Z, the force can take a bit more punishment than he could normally, allowing him to make use of the techs he has (even a melee fomar is going to have decent techs) This is of course assuming that both the FO and HU are of similar/same level. And Red Saber, Id imagine isnt the best melee FOmar weapon, isnt that why you see a lot using Soul Banish?

I've never really been online...

Hrigg
Mar 2, 2005, 09:14 PM
It depends. If the FOmar is actually being a melee FOmar, HUmar would win, but if the FOmar would be using spells, he would win easily.

Nai_Calus
Mar 2, 2005, 10:25 PM
Too bad HUmar won't be able to do anything after the J/Z hits... Sure, he can pop Sols, but he's gonna run out eventually, and without L6 Anti he's screwed.

And heh. My HUmar has much better base DFP/EVP than my FOmar does and better base ATP... But it's my FOmar that takes less damage, and deals more, at least soloing with both. Sure, my FOmar has 15 levels on my HUmar... But the HUmar still has 'better' stats, bar MST.

For that matter, I've max-statted both a FOmar and a HUmar, and the FOmar still out-performs the HUmar...

It's the L30 support techs. >_>;;;

FOmar also, oddly, gets help from his LACK of Resta boost there. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif Much easier to get out of range.

PJ
Mar 2, 2005, 11:08 PM
On 2005-03-02 16:07, Klaus88 wrote:
i've seen him about. nothing seperates him from other pso players apart from his ego.

And the fact that he just plays better than 95%+ of them.

the most popular pso players are Mercedes and Zen Masters not Kef. anyway...

Have we heard of them? Define popular. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Ian's hit the mark for this topic anyways.

TheOneHero
Mar 3, 2005, 12:05 AM
if you have you know the rules are no megid.

I have to agree.

Didn't you see Page 28 in the Instuction Booklet Kef?

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v339/TheOneHero/PSO/PSO.jpg

EJ
Mar 3, 2005, 02:10 AM
On 2005-03-02 21:05, TheOneHero wrote:

if you have you know the rules are no megid.

I have to agree.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v339/TheOneHero/PSO/PSO.jpg

Oh noes!! It true http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

Anyway I would say a fomar with max stats would beat a Humar because of the support he has with techs and that he can use Srank twin to take it to the Humar.
The Humar may have better selection of weps and armor but the Fomar can still win in my book.

Omega_Nova
Mar 3, 2005, 09:26 AM
Thats what I thought, the Fomar would win with support techs, I just wanted to confirm that

Klaus88
Mar 3, 2005, 11:11 AM
And the fact that he just plays better than 95%+ of them.

so you've played with 95% of pso players? if you haven't your point is moot.

TheOneHero
Mar 3, 2005, 11:41 AM
On 2005-03-03 08:11, Klaus88 wrote:

so you've played with 95% of pso players? if you haven't your point is moot.

the most popular pso players are Mercedes and Zen Masters

http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_rolleyes.gif

Point. Moot.

Hrith
Mar 3, 2005, 12:03 PM
lol, another clueless n00b with no argument at all excpet personal attacks. Funny to see how people resort to personal attacks when they cannot face the fact that they are wrong.

Megid can be used, rules are subjective.

Skorpius
Mar 3, 2005, 12:48 PM
On 2005-03-03 09:03, Kef wrote:
lol, another clueless n00b with no argument at all excpet personal attacks. Funny to see how people resort to personal attacks when they cannot face the fact that they are wrong.

On 2005-03-03 06:01, Kef wrote:
So other PSOW users do not listen to a clueless n00b like you, I don't give a fuck about you, that's why you fail.
http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_nono.gif

Tycho
Mar 3, 2005, 01:09 PM
http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif TOH is right about the booklet, oh noes.
FOmar has L30 techs, so the HUmar is dead meat.

*sigh* n00b.

^ ^; Made me laugh. It's kind of ironic to enter a forum, and at <100 posts start calling the regulars noobs.

Also, if un-allowing Megid in order to balance BA would un-balance the game in favor of the Hunters... would it really be fair to apply these restrictions?

Sitka
Mar 3, 2005, 01:31 PM
I'm going to have to get Liquid Bacon to drop a post on this topic.

Liquid Bacon is a high-level, 100% legit Humar on Xbox. He has faced down 100's of combatants in battle mode including every mod-chipped, hacked SOB on Apatite 1-3. I don't know his current record, but I believe it is 500+ wins to 2 losses, or something like that.

He has beaten 100's of maxed out, mod-chipped lvl 200 Fomars. I can't tell you how he does it - but he does. He's the best one to tell you how - if he wants to.

He took on Dr. Robato - the hacker of hackers on Apatite who mod-chipped level 40 spells including Megid on a Hucast - and still lost to Bacon.

I'm not going to question anyone else's post here, because I believe most of you, no probably all of you, know more about battle mode that I do and if you took your fomar against any of my characters, you would probably kick my butt - granted. Your point about lvl 30 techs owning lvl 15 techs is probably right for 99% of the players of PSO.

All I can tell you is that Liquid Bacon is THE Battle Mode veteran on xbox and he does it with a Humar.

Again, I ain't flaming or questioning anyone else - I'm just telling you what I see over here on xbox.

biggabertha
Mar 3, 2005, 04:36 PM
I believe that out of all the human male characters, I would think RA would win since he has Frozen Shooter or the Snow Queen.... But that's off topic and not many people like RAmar anyway.... (Noticing Kef's signature about RAmar's...)

Klaus88
Mar 3, 2005, 08:39 PM

Megid can be used, rules are subjective.

lol, don't try and act clever. i called you a n00b, that's not personal. i was questioning your skills.

if i went personal i would of went for something along the lines of...

you fucking shit breathed retarded frog. that would be offensive...but....i'm above that.

PS- i joined this site years ago, my first account was banned....heh.

TheOneHero
Mar 3, 2005, 10:54 PM
On 2005-03-03 17:39, Klaus88 wrote:

And soon to be this one. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

Saiffy
Mar 3, 2005, 11:58 PM
On 2005-03-03 19:54, TheOneHero wrote:

And soon to be this one. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

pwned http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

Now to be productive:

Most non-noob forces > humars anyday

Mixfortune
Mar 4, 2005, 08:00 AM
1. Calling someone a noob is a personal attack... don't see how it can't be seen as one. Is it bad enough for a warning? Not likely.

2. "No Megid" is meaningless. It's like telling a Ranger not to use Frozen Shooter, or just plain telling a Hunter not to attack you. "Man you're hitting me too hard, Humar, just use techs! No physical damage!"

2b. Oh no, something is better than something else in Battle Mode! Whatever will we do? Make up pseudo rules in order to bring down some vigilante balance, of course! No player can play the hand of equalizer.

Here's something you may want to give a read over. Granted, PSO Battle Mode isn't a fighting game or anything, but many (note: MANY, not ALL) of the concepts are applicable.

http://www.sirlin.net/Features/feature_PlayToWinPart1.htm

Neith
Mar 4, 2005, 08:21 AM
If a FO has Megid, they should be allowed to use it in any mode, not stop using it, just because some hunter couldnt get near them... I agree that you cant twist the rules to suit a certain character/class. I mean, a high level Megid disk is pretty hard to come by, so they should be at least allowed to show it off http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif Hunter's fault if they dont see it comin.

Hrith
Mar 4, 2005, 01:24 PM
I called you a n00b, that's not personal. I was questioning your skills.Still, I was right, you have no argument, so you use insults. You fail.

ABDUR101
Mar 4, 2005, 06:54 PM
ok, back on topic.

biggabertha
Mar 6, 2005, 08:23 AM
HUmar would win because he wouldn't trip on his dress!

Liquid_Bacon
Mar 31, 2005, 01:25 PM
As a Battle mode veteran of over 1000 wins, I can tell you exactly what would happen. The FOmar would win.

WOAH! HOLD UP!!! Did Liquid Bacon just say that? Alright... a qualifier. This is assuming both battlers are level 200 with max stats as the first post stated, AND that both players know what they are doing! It's true that I beat on these clueless hackers all day but that is largely because 99% of the cheaters out there don't understand key elements of the game, and they sure as hell don't understand Battle mode as well. Anyway... on to my explanation:

Physical damage would not be a factor because a Humar can not kill a level 200 Fomar in one hit (with any weapon, yes even a Vjaya) once stuck with Jellen 30. The Fomar can't hit the HUmar, period, because with only 163 ATA they can't break through the 1200+ EVP of a level 200 HUmar with an average Aura Field/Kasami setup. This leaves techniques as the only means of damaging your opponent. The FOmar would win here. He's got Megid, of course, but might not even have to resort to that. Spamming with Rabarta is a very effective technique for a Force to use (almost a guaranteed kill) once the HUmar is within Rabarta range.

I like the HUmar as a Battle character, and have racked up over 500 GameCube wins and 600 Xbox wins, but I have to give this one to the FOmar. No BS, it's just how things work.

EDIT: I'll learn to spell... one day..

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Liquid_Bacon on 2005-03-31 10:33 ]</font>

Sitka
Mar 31, 2005, 02:23 PM
Wonderful precise response.

Thank you Liquid Bacon.

Case settled.

V0LTAGE
Apr 6, 2005, 12:21 PM
This is a tad off-topic and all that but what should I equip to a melee force, not a technique force but one that uses weapons. eg;saber

I'd also like to know what armor should be equipped and what should be in the slots.

Thanks.

SLON
Apr 7, 2005, 06:37 AM
I suggest you create a new topic for this.

Curalkin
Apr 7, 2005, 05:54 PM
Actually, the other day I brought Curaklin into a battle with a 184th level HUmar. I had debanded myself and jellened him. He had a Zanba, and I do not know what else. He critted and killed me with one hit because I wanted to see if he actually could. My hit points were 1609. Of course, in a real fight he would have been dead before he even seen me on his map just because of my zonde range. I am saying this because a FOmar has worse hit points then the FOnewm.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Curalkin on 2005-04-07 15:56 ]</font>

gream-green
Apr 14, 2005, 02:57 AM
On 2005-03-31 10:25, Liquid_Bacon wrote:
...are level 200 with max stats as the first post stated, AND that both players know what they are doing!

That would be a good PPV card, Liquid Bacon vs Mini Bacon or something like that...

Defend
May 15, 2005, 10:05 PM
Why doesn't the HUmar just cast Shifta on the FOmar?

Ryna
May 15, 2005, 10:13 PM
On 2005-05-15 20:05, Defend wrote:

On GC PSO/PSOX/BB, HUmars cannot cast Shifta.

Defend
May 15, 2005, 10:36 PM
lol heh, ok

TheOneHero
May 16, 2005, 01:01 PM
On 2005-05-15 20:05, Defend wrote:

Please don't bump month old topics. ._.

HUcastShinobi
May 17, 2005, 05:15 PM
Have we forgotten the Cure/Status equipment? Although the FOmar would have the advantage, what about using eqipment that negates all that? that would be logical too...

Feelmirath
Jun 1, 2005, 08:08 AM
I have to agree.

Funny, doesn't say in my manual.

However, with or without megid, I'd say the HUmar would win, mainly cos if the HUmar has an attribute plate, the FOmar is screwed

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Feelmirath on 2005-06-01 06:09 ]</font>

Ryna
Jun 1, 2005, 08:39 AM
On 2005-06-01 06:08, Feelmirath wrote:
However, with or without megid, I'd say the HUmar would win, mainly cos if the HUmar has an attribute plate, the FOmar is screwed

I think you are failing to consider that the FOmar can cast level 30 Jellen and Zalure. The HUmar will only be able to remove those status changes 10 times.....

Feelmirath
Jun 1, 2005, 11:32 AM
However, this isn't a big deal, but when a force uses those techniques, not only do they use up tp, but also time enough for the HUmar to hard hit the force

Ryna
Jun 1, 2005, 11:45 AM
On 2005-06-01 09:32, Feelmirath wrote:
However, this isn't a big deal, but when a force uses those techniques, not only do they use up tp, but also time enough for the HUmar to hard hit the force

The HUMar won't be doing too much damage with level 30 Jellen on him and level 30 Deband on the FOmar.....

I would suggest you try playing against a reasonably competent FOmar sometime to see how things will work out.

Feelmirath
Jun 1, 2005, 02:38 PM
The HUMar won't be doing too much damage with level 30 Jellen on him and level 30 Deband on the FOmar.....

I would suggest you try playing against a reasonably competent FOmar sometime to see how things will work out.

To be honest, I can't do that. I can't go online (my aol sucks), and I have the only FOmar out of my friends, who also sucks.
If I were the HUmar, and I was jellen/debanded, I'd just let the delsaber destroy everything.
Also, it may be good to put the player's skill at simply playing the game into consideration =/

TheOneHero
Jun 2, 2005, 01:09 PM
On 2005-06-01 06:08, Feelmirath wrote:

I have to agree.

Funny, doesn't say in my manual.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Feelmirath on 2005-06-01 06:09 ]</font>

I think you're missing the joke there. ;p

And also, *points to his earlier post*

Feelmirath
Jun 2, 2005, 02:52 PM
I think you're missing the joke there. ;p

If you know me, i miss everything.
If here was a typhoon outside me window, I wouldn't notice a thing... even when i get caught in it.
What? an 18-wheeler drove into our house? I didnt notice...