PDA

View Full Version : Poll: Favorite S-rank Weapon/Special

Sitka
Mar 2, 2005, 03:19 PM
This here poll is about s-rank weapons. I know we have a thread on s-rank weapon questions, but I thought it might be cool to actually rank/discuss which weapons folks really like, what special they put or want to put on their weapon and why they have/want that special. A follow-up question would be do you actually prefer using your s-rank weapon over your other rares?

Kef, I know, likes Beserk on some of his s-ranks and has a nice collection of s-ranks to play with.

Some of the guys I play with are very near collecting all the s-rank weapons on both Episode 1 and 2. I currently have 14 and should have two more soon, only needing an E1C9 and E2C3 to get them.

So, what's your fav. s-rank weapon, why, what special and do you use it?

For a long time, Sitka Blue D used SITKAS SHOT with Zalure and that was my favorite weapon until I got SITKAS NEEDLE with zalure. I also like using BUEIS SWORD on my Hucaseal and BIGBOYZ PARTISAN on by Hucast, but I haven't been able to put specials on them yet - I'm considering beserk. My Fomar likes to use SITKAS TWIN with Spirit. The other s-ranks are waiting to get employed at some point.

That's what I have - what do you folks like?

Ryna
Mar 2, 2005, 07:22 PM
For ep2 SRanks, the Needle is my favorite. In Episode 1, I like the Twin and Sword.

By the way, why did you put Mechguns, Harisen, and Hammer as poll options? http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

Sitka
Mar 2, 2005, 07:41 PM
The guys I've been playing with really love the mechguns, harisen and hammer - the first with gush as baby guld millas and the last two for looks and because nobody else has them - although that's changing as all of us now have them.

A week ago, it was: "I have the only s-rank harisen or s-rank hammer on xbox!"

Now its: "Hey, I got an s-rank harisen/hammer." "Yeah, I got one of those." "Yeah, me too." "Me as well."

We got a whole group with a bunch of funky s-ranks now.

Hrigg
Mar 2, 2005, 09:11 PM
I like my Assassin Swords with Zalure special. Pure ownage with that. And again, I thank Auracom for getting me it. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Sharkyland
Mar 3, 2005, 01:36 AM
Is there anyone who doesn't want a needle...? I got a needle, but not on my first try.

SLON
Mar 3, 2005, 07:51 AM
I don't want a Needle! It's true!!

Sitka
Mar 3, 2005, 12:50 PM
Slon:

With a fomar and two fonewearls and c-mode action 24/7, it's easy to see why you don't want a needle.

For those of us with Rangers, it is a very nice weapon.

It would be nice in the future to see even better s-rank weapon availability. Tough to speculate, but an s-rank weapon that comes with hit % and the ability to add percents every time you improve a stage time or overall time - something like that. And visually, some nice special effects from an s-rank that only the true c-mode masters can obtain - something that cannot be modded or hacked and that in someway is personalized for the individual who has been able to earn it - that might be a nice addition.

Hrith
Mar 3, 2005, 01:12 PM
Berserk Needle http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

Skorpius
Mar 3, 2005, 01:15 PM
Berserk Scythe.

PJ
Mar 4, 2005, 12:02 AM
My most wanted Episode 2 are Katana (Spirit), Swords (Hell) and Scythe (King's). Again, the specials aren't for usefullness, but mroe for story.

And I hate Needle, hence none of my characters are going for it (But, since I'm gonna try to go through Challenge with all my characters, I'll probably pick up one anywas http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif)

Most wanted Episode 1 are Twin (Burning), Mechgun (Hell), and Blade (Hell). (If you haven't guessed yet, the Dagger/Mechgun/Swords are all in a set, hence having the same special)

Tycho
Mar 4, 2005, 07:39 AM
Looks? S-rank Cards.
Unreduced any special? Mechguns.
OMG Berserk pwn? Twins for HUs, Needles for RAs.
"Harhar, unreduced King's, I haxx"? Needle.
Lots of range + L33 Zalure for bots? Shot.
New way to improve my FOnewearl's Zalure level at a range, while being allowed to ignore her ATA? Err... Cards? Handgun? xP

Hrith
Mar 4, 2005, 01:28 PM
On 2005-03-04 04:39, Tycho wrote:
Unreduced any special? Mechguns.It barely works on a max ATA RAmar >.>

OMG Berserk pwn? Twins for HUs, Needles for RAs.The beserk fan that I am can assure you Partisan is better than Twin for this http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif for hunters, anyway (and if you want one on one weapon, Swords has more ATA, vital on S-Ranks with a special). Launcher is also amazing with that special on a RAmarl.

Skorpius
Mar 4, 2005, 04:21 PM
Kef, it's an opinion topic, allow people to post their opinions without having someone tellng them they "are wrong" or that "there is something better".

"I thought it might be cool to actually rank/discuss which weapons folks really like, what special they put or want to put on their weapon and why they have/want that special."

Not about a discussion on which is better / best.

Hrith
Mar 4, 2005, 06:21 PM
Keep your immature advice to yourself, and avoid addressing me when not required.

I was replying to Tycho, mind your own business.

biggabertha
Mar 5, 2005, 03:19 AM
I love your authorotive comments Kef!
But seriously, is Beserk better than Spirit on a flesh HUnter? I had the Soul Eater and found it quite dangerous to use in very hard but when I got Flowen's Sword 3084 I died less. But that might be because I like three hit comboes... Because you can definitly get away with it single-player offline...

Hrith
Mar 5, 2005, 06:57 AM
I do not have a HUmar, but Berserk is definitely better than Spirit as a special.

I have a HUnewearl, and Berserk is better than Spirit on her.

I would understand people that prefer Spirit, it's less risky. But well, I rarely use Berserk in Ruins/Seabed/Tower >_>

I have a 40% hit Flowen's Sword 3084, I rarely use it, but when I do, I pair it with Red Dagger, it's an awesome combo (Soul and Spirit).

But it will never be as efficient as Berserk. Resta heals a lot faster than a TP-stealing weapon, and fluids are very limited (and expensive).

Spirit is ok if you use it from time to time.
But I use Berserk all the time (ask my teammates >_>), that's why I feel Spirit is so inferior.

HUmar and RAmar have so useless techs, that Spirit is probably a better choice on them.

Skorpius
Mar 5, 2005, 07:12 AM
On 2005-03-04 15:21, Kef wrote:
Keep your immature advice to yourself, and avoid addressing me when not required.

I was replying to Tycho, mind your own business.

It isn;t immature advice, Kef. This is an opinion topic, you voiced your opinion, stop criticising everyone else, it's fucking annoying and I'm the only one who has the balls to tell you.

Hrith
Mar 5, 2005, 07:26 AM
"11- Privacy/Harassment/Stalking
Continually harassing a member or a group of person and being offensive is not tolerated."

You don't have the balls for anything except pissing everyone off. You are wrong, as usual.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Kef on 2005-03-05 04:27 ]</font>

Skorpius
Mar 5, 2005, 07:32 AM
"Attitude
We will not tolerate nor entertain offensive, rude, hostile, intimidating or difficult attitudes."

MT7218
Mar 5, 2005, 07:41 AM
I can't really say much of anything on any of the above baring the SRank Needle. I have two of them (Traded for one, and got one by finally clearing E2 CMode for the first time ever in my PSO carrer.) and one has Zalure, the other, Bezerk. I must say, the Bezerk special is a good one for my RAmarl, even though it does bite me in the rear alot... (I tend to be a bit careless with my HP as I am used to attacks not doing much damage bar techs and a few other things, or areas with lots of OHKOs flying about...) ...but I'll improve on that over time. My 'droid RAs will get the Zalure Needle now that my RAmarls have the Bezerk one. The next SRank I'm working on getting is the SRank Twin (HUcassy is in C9). The special I want for it is undecided... (Nothing for the HUs, as I got a double saber (BKB) that would own SRank.) So basically, my RAs and FOs would be using it. Any suggestions for a special...? (Baring Bezerk? Keep in mind the only FO of mine that could use it is my FOmarl, and the RAs would be using it too. Bezerk would be good for the fleshies, but for my low leveled RA droids, Bezerk is waaaaaay to dangerious to consider for them, esp. if they go solo. And Zalure on a single targeter is not exactly a good idea, either. Jellen, same thing as Zalure.)

Hrith
Mar 5, 2005, 08:52 AM
Don't try to act like a big boy, Skorp, it's not working.

Next time you harass me on the boards, a moderator will be alerted.

Skorpius
Mar 5, 2005, 09:12 AM
Your attempts to act like the bigshot of PSO isn't working either, Kef. I'm only warning you that it's annoying, and is more useless than helpfull. You need to fix your attitude, which was my point. If you think it's stalking, you should stop flattering yourself.

People have their own opinions, and no one gives a fuck what you think works more. People gave their opinions, which was the point of the topic, and you couldn't stop yourself from "correcting" someone. If you wish to continue an argument, you can PM me.

On topic, I think like Tycho. I liked having a Twin with Berserk, but for my RAmarl. Mechs with Demons were fun to use, as well. However, I would use a Zalure Needle, for juggling purposes.

geewj
Mar 5, 2005, 09:39 AM
For fuck sake guys, give it a rest.

Now, they don't all go like this one did, but just so you know exactly what you did wrong, let me break it down.

Kef said his opinion on things. It was his opinion that people were wrong. He gave his opinion on what s-rank was and was not worth getting.

On topic, useful information to some, completely within the forum rules. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Skorp jumped on him about it and said to let people have thier opinion. "People have their own opinions, and no one gives a fuck what you think works more." Why the world didn't implode in on it's self due to whatever logic was used, we will never know. But bottom line skorp, you told kef to shut up about his opinion and that he should let people have thier opinions.

Off topic, commbative, and not within the forum rules. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

Kef, at this point you should have told a mod or ignored it. Not responded in the way you did. Someone jumping on you is not an excuse to jump back. You were in the right up until you responded to skorpius.

Off topic, commbative, and not within the forum rules. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

And so on and so forth...

Seriously, if this happens again in any way shape or form, warnings for both of you.

If one says something commbative, don't reply. Tell a mod, and they'll get a warning.

Skorp, you have two warnings already. The next one is a ban.

Kef, again, there is no excuse to flame someone. None. If you want something done about something someone said to you, an offical warning to them and only them has more of an impact than a flame that lands you a warning too.

And besides, I think everyone is sick of getting thier topics locked because of this shit.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Prof_Frink on 2005-03-05 07:21 ]</font>