PDA

View Full Version : Item: am i the only one?...

Hustler_One
Mar 2, 2005, 03:34 PM
ok this is making me mad, in total, i have done over 150 v-hard dragon runs tryin to get a yamato, in which i have a 1 in 12 chance of getting. all my friends got one the first time they killed him. Another thing is the musashi which has a drop from hard mode dragon of 1/22 i believe i have maybe 6 of. but not one yamato. anyone else have this kinda stuff happen before?

Bit
Mar 2, 2005, 03:36 PM
One or two times, sure http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Its all luck sadly. Just have to keep going until it drops, kinda what turns me away from the game sometimes.

Ice_ryu
Mar 2, 2005, 03:39 PM
I feel you man, I could not get a Yamato a Musashi. My nephew gave me a Yamato in a trade. Yet once I mahe it to Ult mode I have got three or four of them. My other nephew already got both a Red saber and a Red Partisan. I have done many rounds through Ult to get them and have failed. He also got a Asuka (upgrade to the Yamato) on his first try againt the Gol Dragon in Ulti. I am not even going to try.

Sitka
Mar 2, 2005, 04:00 PM
150 runs with a 1/12 drop rate?

Do you play legit?

If you have a hacked mag or are stacking mates/fluids, you will probably not see the rare drop from the dragon.

If you're legit, you're very unlucky.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sitka on 2005-03-02 17:00 ]</font>

Waylander11
Mar 2, 2005, 04:06 PM
i get yamotos easy i just give away i might look for musashi soon since ive got both yamoto and asuka legit but for some reason if i go looking for a weap it never drops

RadiantLegend
Mar 2, 2005, 04:16 PM
Your luck must have ran out. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

CrazyJ
Mar 2, 2005, 04:26 PM
if it makes you feel any better just know that Yamato's aren't very good http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

I've had similar luck before too though, so don't stress over it. Try doing runs of Soul of a Blacksmith to give you some variety (you still get to fight the Dragon).

best of luck to you,

-- J

Neith
Mar 2, 2005, 05:39 PM
if it makes you feel any better just know that Yamato's aren't very good

Er...Id disagree. Yamato grinds to 60, adding up to 120 ATP to it. Since it's usually an easy drop, its a good weapon to use through quite a lot of VH, until you find something better. It's usable, unlike some rarer weapons (I cant do anything with Red Dagger, unless I give my HUcaseal a god/battle. It's incredibly unlucky you havent found it yet.... if you play GC, and are online, PM me, and ill give you a Yamato. If you're offline or a different platform, sorry.

EDIT: Just seen you cant play online...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: UrikoBB3 on 2005-03-02 14:42 ]</font>

Corey
Mar 2, 2005, 05:41 PM
I really, really hope you're kidding about the Red Dagger not being usable. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gifisapparove:

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Corey on 2005-03-02 15:14 ]</font>

Neith
Mar 2, 2005, 05:43 PM
I really, really hope you're kidding about the Red Dagger not being usable.

No, I wasnt kidding, my Red Dagger's were tried and tested on Ult, were useless. Only decent for VH and lower IMO. Been in stash since I got them pretty much.

Hrith
Mar 2, 2005, 05:44 PM
can't believe what I read http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_disapprove.gif

Red Dagger is one of my weapon of choice on both HUcast and HUnewearl, I use it more than Lavis Blade >_>

Neith
Mar 2, 2005, 05:49 PM
Wierd, I can never use them without the combo getting interrupted and being hit :S I prefer twin sabers as I think the combo is easier to land. I know some ppl like daggers, Im just not a fan of them..

aclors
Mar 2, 2005, 05:55 PM
Anyway, back to topic...
The same thing happened to me with the Musashis in Hard, so I just gave up on them.
I am trying to get the Yamato, but I haven't done enough runs yet.

http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_cool.gif

Zelgadis
Mar 2, 2005, 05:59 PM
Asuka's. Whitill Gol Dragon. Dunno the drop rate. But Ultimate landed me a pair with my second run.

Zelgadis
Mar 2, 2005, 06:09 PM
Asuka's. Whitill Gol Dragon. Dunno the drop rate. But Ultimate landed me a pair with my second run.

Ryna
Mar 2, 2005, 06:47 PM
On 2005-03-02 13:00, Sitka wrote:
150 runs with a 1/2 drop rate?

I believe it is closer to 1/22 for the Yamato.

You're just having some bad luck. That is all.

Also, you can always try for the Asuka. It has a drop rate of 1/6 off certain bosses (Whitill Gol Dragon being among them).

Dek
Mar 2, 2005, 07:01 PM
1/8 Drop Rate...

Ryna
Mar 2, 2005, 07:20 PM
My bad, but the charts I am looking at puts it closer to 1/11. I guess it all just depends on how you round the percentages.

Sitka
Mar 2, 2005, 07:58 PM
The Whitil Gol Dragon drops Asuka 1/6 - same as Pinkal Barba Ray - on ultimate of course.

They are decent weapons and with that drop rate, you should be able to get ones with percents.

I remember somebody referring to the Asuka as a cheap man's Sange & Yasha.

Hustler_One
Mar 2, 2005, 08:00 PM
heh heh i would go for the asukas but...
me: walks into a room.
*some enemy apears*
mee: trys to fight
enemy: lets pretend its a rappy, the thing pecks me once and i lose like 200 hp.
O.O'' and i cant hit anything... so im trying to level up but bein stuck with only a varista as a gun and musashis or D claw as melee, i can only hit frequently with quick attacks. It simply takes too many hits too kill somthing and if i miss i wind up layin on the dirt again. heh, but im gonna keep trying, im not ready to stop playin.

Also as answer to a previos question, i dont hack. i am legit 100%. i greatly disaprove of hacking and online cheating. offline, cheat all you want, not online it ruins the game for others. but im done talkin bout that, cheating is not the topic here.

guess i just have bad luck :/

ShadowZeroX5
Mar 2, 2005, 08:08 PM
My one friend tried so hard for Yamatos he was level 50 at first and when he got them he was level 75. Me I don't use yamatos I use Asukas.

Ice_ryu
Mar 3, 2005, 08:41 AM
The Asuka is great, and I intend to start hunting for it as soon as I give up on trying to get a Red Saber (almost there).

ShadowZeroX5
Mar 3, 2005, 10:44 AM
red sabre is good but if i were u i would hunt for the red sword it's stronger and hits more enemies.

Ice_ryu
Mar 3, 2005, 11:55 AM
I am trying that one also to no success. Anything red at this point except a slicer. The mechguns sound nice, the partisan yummy,

ShadowZeroX5
Mar 3, 2005, 01:00 PM
hm only red weapons I got is red sabre, red sword and red hand gun.Although I use Asukas, red sword and red hand gun.
I didn't aquire any of them though my friends gave them to me

Ice_ryu
Mar 3, 2005, 01:07 PM
My nephew pretty much supplied me with three of five of my favorite weapons. I asked his to get me a Asuka or red saber, Even a DBs Sword would help since I get the 50% ratio having Dbs armor and Shield. But as for my, I am very unlucky and have not found anything worth mentioning
on my own.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ice_ryu on 2005-03-03 10:08 ]</font>

ShadowZeroX5
Mar 3, 2005, 01:12 PM
The only good rares i've got is guard wave, and magic rock moola. At least I think thier good.

XenOmega
Mar 3, 2005, 02:59 PM
Godd we keep on Topic. Anyway, you are just having bad luck getting the Yamato. I got mine on my secomd run through Forest VHard. So keep Trying and do not lose Hope http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

Zelgadis
Mar 3, 2005, 06:04 PM
On 2005-03-03 05:41, Ice_ryu wrote:
The Asuka is great, and I intend to start hunting for it as soon as I give up on trying to get a Red Saber (almost there).

Yes it is. Only problem I have currently with my cast. I can't hit anything...so I need GOD/arms to raise his ata. And to do that. Skyly VH Hildeblues.

Mechashadow
Mar 3, 2005, 07:34 PM
im having the same probs but with a different weapon; the Agito 1975.

killed over 50 mil lillies and not one agito http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

i would give you a yamato. i got like 5 of em. but, im not online, and i dont have the 9 bucks a month to pay for it, sry.