PDA

View Full Version : Offline strangeness..

Neith
Mar 4, 2005, 09:18 AM
I just wanted to see if this has happened to anyone else playing PSO GC. I went in the Medical Center with my FO, and as I got to teh counter, the game made a constant beating noise (not a FSOD buzz), and the game froze for about 5 seconds, before resuming normally. Does it have something to do with music changes (med center has different music to p2). It's lagged before, but never actually froze. Is it jus a bug, or is it my GC not reading teh disc properly? Thanks ppl.

Fanta
Mar 4, 2005, 10:58 AM
Never happened to me.
Could be a one off problem or disk.

Dek
Mar 4, 2005, 01:03 PM
Could be the hardware itself...

If you know anyone that has a GC, use their GC and see if you get the same problem. if you do, then it could be something with the disk

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Arthas_Zero on 2005-03-04 10:03 ]</font>

Neith
Mar 4, 2005, 02:29 PM
It better not be my GC, PSO's the only game I actually still play on it... hasn't done it yet since last post, so maybe some dirt was on disc/laser?

Fanta
Mar 4, 2005, 04:38 PM
Lets hope Uriko.

PJ
Mar 5, 2005, 12:55 AM
Unfortunately, it's the hardware. It happened to me too, whenever new music had to load on P2/loading stages was difficult. But I tihnk that GC lived about 2 months longer without much trouble other than that...

...But I guess that's not much hope http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_disapprove.gif

Neith
Mar 5, 2005, 08:05 AM
Well, hopefully it can last me until BB gets a US release, i should be able to play US bb on a UK PC I think :S Please hold out...

Skorpius
Mar 5, 2005, 08:27 AM
It was a disk skip. Clean you disk / cube. ;p

Neith
Mar 8, 2005, 04:01 PM
Lol, if that works.... I cleaned it last week as well, someone musta been handling the disc. Wasnt me, I leave it in cube.. One thing I'm interested in is this. Can piping damage your console, the cube can make some dodgy noises when i pipe. If there's any risk, Im gonna stop, but im curious. Thanks.