PDA

View Full Version : I know this is lame, but...how do you pipe?

Ishrafeli
Mar 4, 2005, 12:06 PM
Offline advice please. I know you all probably know how to do it, but I don't...so...how do you pipe for rares?

DezoPenguin
Mar 4, 2005, 12:11 PM
Try this guide:

http://www.pso-world.com/sections.php?op=viewarticle&artid=723

There's one for Episode 2 piping as well.

Basically, what you do is get in a room with a lot of one kind of enemy, and pipe up and down from P2 until a "rare" enemy replaces one of the normal ones (Pal Rappy instead of El Rappy, Mil Lily instead of Ob Lily...you get the idea). Basically, every time you "enter" Ragol, the game loads the enemies again, "rerolling" the chance that one might be a rare enemy.

(There's some more subtleties than that, but you get the basic idea.)

Piping does NOT work online (which means it doesn't work at all in Blue Burst), but does work in offline single-player and offline multimode both.

Sacred_One
Mar 4, 2005, 06:23 PM
Do " Fake in yellow quest" and find several rappies everywhere. Use telepipe to go back to pionner 2 and go back to see a rare rappy. You may have to use the telepie a few times.

Ryna
Mar 4, 2005, 06:28 PM
On 2005-03-04 15:23, Sacred_One wrote:
Do " Fake in yellow quest" and find several rappies everywhere. Use telepipe to go back to pionner 2 and go back to see a rare rappy. You may have to use the telepie a few times.

I think it is important to point out that you can spend several hours piping back and forth without seeing a rare enemy. Very rarely does it take just a few pipes.

Sacred_One
Mar 4, 2005, 06:33 PM
Oops! Sorry my bad. * Telepipe *