PDA

View Full Version : Local Petco Explosion

Tact
Mar 4, 2005, 02:59 PM
A local Petco in my town has exploded at 8:30 AM PST. The roof collapsed, animal cages broke, and some people are stuck inside. Fire people and policemen are on the scene, trying to free the trapped people, and there are newscopters flying above my neighborhood looking at the wreckage. It was caused by a gas leak when people dismantling an old store sign hit an unmarked gas pipe. I hope everyone's ok.

Solstis
Mar 4, 2005, 03:02 PM
That's... terrible.

http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

Tact
Mar 4, 2005, 03:04 PM
After watching the news, I also found out that 5 of the people who were rescued are currently in critical condition.

Hrigg
Mar 4, 2005, 04:02 PM
That would suck!! I always feel safe in Petco... Speaking of Petco, I was in there yesterday. I hope all the people get better.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Hrigg on 2005-03-04 13:03 ]</font>

Fefnir
Mar 4, 2005, 08:40 PM
Woah... Never thought a fire would start in Petco, of all places...

Where exactly did all the animals go?

RicoRoyal
Mar 4, 2005, 10:05 PM
On 2005-03-04 17:40, Fefnir wrote:
Where exactly did all the animals go?

Doggy heaven. Well, for the cats' sake, I hope they didn't tag along with the dogs.

Here's hoping there are no casualties from this incident, and that those injured make full recoveries. Keep us updated, tact; I'm quite curious to find out if someone will be charged in anyway for this accident (*squinty eyes at engineer who didn't correctly document gas pipes*).

Nai_Calus
Mar 5, 2005, 05:30 AM
Those poor fish. ;_;

Eanae
Mar 5, 2005, 09:43 AM
You never think it can happen at some places, but it can. I know personally since two days ago, my brother's house caught fire, and we're in the process of cleaning. I hope those poor animals were able to get out well, though Ian has a point. How do they rescue the fish? Wouldn't the fire kind of heat the water up? I'm pretty sure you'd know what that'd mean. :'(

Tact
Mar 5, 2005, 11:40 AM
On 2005-03-05 06:43, Eanae wrote:
I'm pretty sure you'd know what that'd mean. :'(

Fish sticks? But, this is not a laughing matter. :self-disapprove: Most of the police and fire department has left the blast site now, but they have set wooden braces up on the walls to prevent more collapsing.

HUnewearl_Meira
Mar 5, 2005, 07:41 PM
On 2005-03-04 19:05, RicoRoyal wrote:
(*squinty eyes at engineer who didn't correctly document gas pipes*).

Chances are, the engineer has nothing to do with this. There's really no reason to anticipate someone smacking into a gas pipe that's 3 or 4 feet underground, or concealed within an 8-inch thick wall.

In any case

You realize, right now there is someone telling their neighbor how lucky they were to leave that store with their new dog or cat, yesterday. No doubt, they think it's a miracle that they saved that animal without even knowing it. They're glad they didn't put off making the trip.

Fefnir
Mar 6, 2005, 01:34 AM
Ack, I found out that the Petco was the one I used to go to...

Waaaaaaaah... I'm gonna miss playing with all the doggies... http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_cry.gif