PDA

View Full Version : Don't you hate it when shows end with "To be Continued"

Jess16241
Mar 6, 2005, 01:02 AM
I don't know what anyone else thinks, but i hate saturday/sunday night shows that end with "To be Continued", because im never gonna remember to see that exact show at that time, how annoying, who else agrees?

ABDUR101
Mar 6, 2005, 01:48 AM
God gave you sticky-notes for a reason.

Depending on the show and how interested I was in it, I'd prolly remember, but if not, no loss.

Solstis
Mar 6, 2005, 02:08 AM
Even worse is when they disrupt the order of shows.

I almost ALWAYS miss the last few episodes of a show, thanks to schedule shuffling.

navci
Mar 6, 2005, 02:08 AM
Cliffhangers are quite annoying.

Tycho
Mar 6, 2005, 03:22 AM
I hate cliffhangers. :
If the show wasn't good enough for me to care about those, I wouldn't even have been watching it in the first place.

Daikarin
Mar 6, 2005, 07:45 AM
Well, the formula worked well with "Back to the future", 20 years ago.

Worked also with Lord of the Rings as well, in a sense that each part was something to spend time upon.

Of course it's annoying. But sometimes you can't fit it all on one picture. Ever imagined if you sat down for 9h to see the complete works of Lord of the Rings?

DLShAdOw
Mar 6, 2005, 08:35 AM
9hrs more like 11 btw i did that once

tank1
Mar 6, 2005, 10:15 AM
Lord of the rings they shud of released it when all of em were done see we didnt have to mill around 4 a year waiting 2 find out what was going 2 happen.(i couldnt be bothered to read the book)

navci
Mar 6, 2005, 12:43 PM
On 2005-03-06 07:15, tank1 wrote:
Lord of the rings they shud of released it when all of em were done see we didnt have to mill around 4 a year waiting 2 find out what was going 2 happen.(i couldnt be bothered to read the book)

That is quite frankly, your fault.
Everyone has read the book. Everyone SHOULD read the book. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Hrigg
Mar 6, 2005, 02:04 PM
Meh, I'm not a big fan of cliffhangers. I always think of what are the possible things that could happen in the show and I usually get a headache. Then it seems, I always miss the second-half of the show due to some unusual occurance... http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

HAYABUSA-FMW-
Mar 7, 2005, 03:59 AM
Cliffhangers do suck.
They are common in games nowadays as well.

Having shows run out of sequence also is terrible.
You get yourself in position at the same time and day and get shafted with an out of sequence rerun. Blah.

Heh.
Some show joked about how the 30 second previews of the following episode are more important than the entire hour/half hour of shows nowadays.

Releasing the three LOTR movies sequentually was good for making money and making the most sense. In case you didn't know, they were filmed back to back to back. They just decided to release them annually.

Chosing between all 3 LOTR on one trip to the theater, if they were all released at the same time, could confuse most people. End up watching them out of sequence, becoming angered at such decisions, etc.

That's how I view that issue.
Its easy to say what people should have done, after it already happened and there isn't a way to change it.

No consequences occur that way! http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: HAYABUSA-FMW- on 2005-03-07 01:01 ]</font>

tank1
Mar 8, 2005, 06:10 AM
Cliffhangers suck balls look at Halo2's sorry arse.

Ochre
Mar 8, 2005, 02:57 PM
On 2005-03-07 00:59, HAYABUSA-FMW- wrote:
Cliffhangers do suck.

*cough* Half-Life 2 dammit!! *cough*

Link00seven
Mar 8, 2005, 10:44 PM
On 2005-03-08 11:57, Ochre wrote:

On 2005-03-07 00:59, HAYABUSA-FMW- wrote:
Cliffhangers do suck.

*cough* Half-Life 2 dammit!! *cough*

Half-Life 2? Try Halo 2, lol.

Eihwaz
Mar 8, 2005, 11:04 PM
Do not talk to me about the ending of Halo 2. T.T

Ochre
Mar 8, 2005, 11:41 PM
Never played Halo 2. >.>' Although I have played the first one, and if the rumors I've heard about the ending of 2 are true, then I really don't want to beat the second one. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif

tank1
Mar 9, 2005, 07:03 AM
Halo2's campaign is shite to put it politely but in multiplayer mode with some mates online it rocks but that dont help if your offline.