PDA

View Full Version : Avoiding Dark Falz's heaven's punisher attack on multimode

Zeroy
Mar 6, 2005, 12:41 PM
Before I get to the DF part, I'm gonna post a little info of what happened before that made DF so hard. -_-

Friday night, my friend and I took our new characters from Normal Forest to Normal Ruins, without stopping. At the start, I was a level 4 RAmarl, he was a level 16 FOnewearl. Both were tweaked. We had enough money, he had 500k on him. I had about 23k. Before we entered the forest, I reminded him to put that money in the bank. He said he didn't need to because he was sure he wouldn't die in the Forest. Turns out, we didn't die until the Mines. But he had forgotten to put the money in the bank before we went in there. 500k gone. I loaned him 13k so he could buy fluids and such.

We got through the mines, but died alot in the Ruins. Especially him, to the Belras. He forgot to deposit the money again, and lost the 13k. I loaned him my last 10k.

Then came Dark Falz, at 1:00 in the morning. We both knew it would be difficult, but we hadn't imagined that difficult. We made it past form 1 easy, then form 2 uses Heaven's Punishment as his first attack. We're both dead instantly. We keep trying and trying, wearing down on that 10k. After a few tries, I suggested that when he starts to use HP, we both run as far away as we could. We still both died. Except one time, when he died and not me. We couldn't figure out why, and tried to get it to happen again. A few tries later, my friend suddenly says, "Wait... I think one of us will stay alive if we are no where near each other. He can only focus the attack on one of us, the other may be able to avoid it."

So we tried it. It works like a charm. The HP would destroy one of us, but not the other. Then the survivor would just resurect the dead one.

There was one time during that battle where he used it twice in a row. First time killed me, then he started to use it again before my friend used Reverser. He started to run to try and avoid it, but I yelled "REVERSER! NOW!" He quickly cast Reverser as he was killed, which took effect after the attack so I was brought back. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif

But that night we figured out how to keep alive during DF's HP attack, when it would normally destroy you instantly.

Fanta
Mar 6, 2005, 01:02 PM
Great.
That has only happened to me and my friend once, but know I know why...cos we never stand near each other...=)

Saigan
Mar 6, 2005, 05:21 PM
Yeah, HP is kinda like using a shotgun on fish in a barrel. You hi what you aim for but all the extra pellets just kinda go where ever they like.